Pain in Finger Joints - What Could it Be?
Pain in finger joints can be characterized by joint tenderness felt in the fingers and hands.
It is more prevalent in women than men. Women are more likely to develop this condition post-pregnancy.
- Blood tests and Imaging techniques are required
- Treatable by medical professionals
- Chronic condition- can take years to resolve
Experts feel that joint pain can either be a cause of an injury or genetics. Hormones too play a crucial role in developing this condition. Arthritis or Metastases are medical conditions which can lead to pain in the finger joints.
- Finger pain, swelling and stiffness
- The finger joints are warm to touch
- Misshapen finger joints
- Pain and stiffness which lasts more than an hour
- Take adequate rest
- Exercise regularly
- Have a well-balanced diet rich in omega 3 fats such as salmon or flax seeds.
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Multivitamin capsules
- Cortisone injections
- Physical therapy
An Orthopedic can aid you in the process of accurate diagnosis and cure of finger joint pain. We, at Mfine provide a holistic approach to treatment for every health concern.