Lumbar Pain: All We Need To Know
It is a common and painful condition affecting the lower part of the spine. It is also known as Lumbago.
There are more than 10 million cases in India per year. 
- Not self-treatable
- Usually self-diagnosable
- Lab tests or imaging are required
Lumbar pain is usually caused by injury to a muscle or ligament.
Other causes include:
- Improper lifting
- Poor posture and nerve irritation
- Lack of proper exercise
- Ruptured disc or arthritis
- Lumbar radiculopathy
- Athletes and weightlifters
- Pregnant women and osteoporosis
- People with injury and kidney infections
- Pain in the lower back
- Leg numbness, pins and needles and sensitivity to pain
- Incontinence of urine or stool and burning on urination
- Fever, chills and weight loss
- Abdominal pain, dizziness and fatigue
People may experience: Pain in hip, legs, muscles and bones
Also common: Muscle spasms
Application of cold pack, avoiding re-injury and heavy lifting helps to relieve pain. Taking proper rest and maintaining a good posture are some important tips.
Application of ointments and balms that help in relieving pain may be prescribed by the doctor along with pain killers. Physiotherapy may also prove to be helpful.
For further concerns, contact a doctor or a physician. At mfine, you will receive a holistic treatment plan for optimum health.