What is Leucorrhoea?
Leucorrhoea is a clear or white vaginal discharge that becomes sticky and slippery during ovulation. A change in color or the amount of the discharge or smell in the discharge suggests injection or disease of the female reproductive system. A foul smell emanating from the vaginal discharge is indicative of Leucorrhoea. This typically implies that there is some underlying infection in the reproductive system.
Women all over the world at some point in their life experience a change in the appearance and smell of their vaginal discharge. To diagnose leucorrhea, the following must be adhered to:
- Microbiological culture tests are required.
- Vaginal and cervix pH needs to be determined.
- Blood tests and urine tests need to be done to detect infections.
Since the vaginal area is always moist and closed, it becomes susceptible to various infections that are external and internal. The cause of pathological leucorrhea could be a fungal infection caused by Candida albicans which leads to white and lumpy discharge. It can also be caused by Trichomonas vaginalis that affects both the lining of the vagina and cervix. It causes vaginal discharge and chronic inflammation. The discharge will be pale yellow in colour and it could be accompanied with lower back pain and some inflammation.
A number of symptoms can point to Leucorrhoea. Here are the signs you need to watch out for:
- Persistence and abundance of vaginal discharge
- Pain during micturition
- Lethargy and weakness
- Itching around the genital region
- Spots on undergarments
- Pain in the pelvic region and calves
- Change in colour and odour of the discharge and yellow or green, thick, milky discharge with bad odour
- Exercise regularly.
- Do yoga regularly as it tones the muscles of genital organs and helps in the recovery of leucorrhoea.
- Maintain proper genital hygiene and try to keep it dry and away from infection.
- Doctors may prescribe antibiotics to kill the infectious agent.
- Another option is to use vaginal cream or gel form, as it can be more soothing for the inflamed, sore vaginal lining.
Specialist: We at mfine make sure that your each and every disease is thoroughly treated, so you can have a healthy body. Talk to one of our mfine experts to get round the clock assistance. mfine can provide you with information related to several medical conditions and cater solutions to all your health issues. Visit a top gynaecologist and get treatment for your condition. Through the mfine app, you can schedule an instant consultation with top gynecologists.