Diabetologists: Doctors for Diabetes Care
Written by Dr. Abhishtita Mudunuri Diabetologist
Last updated on 19 August 2020
Who is a Diabetologist?
A diabetologist specializes in the field of diabetes and works with patients to bring down their blood sugar through various ways like diet, exercise, and medication. With most people having erratic lifestyles, diabetes mellitus has become a common health condition. If you’re experiencing symptoms like increased thirst, fatigue, tingling or numbness in hands or feet, frequent urination, or sudden weight loss, you could be suffering from diabetes.
It’s better to rule out your doubts before complications arise. If you’re wondering which doctor to consult for sugar we suggest speaking to a diabetologist nearby from our qualified team of sugar specialist doctors. We make your searches for the best diabetologist near you easier as Mfine offers online doctor consultation with some of the best diabetologists in major cities across India.
Table of Contents:
- Common Procedures
- Educational Qualification
- Finding a good Diabetologists
- Choosing the right Diabetologists
What does a Diabetologist do?
Sugar specialist doctors can help treat diabetes and its related complications in the best possible manner. If you are suffering from any of the common symptoms or even from diabetes related complications like diabetic retinopathy, kidney damage, or diabetic neuropathy, you should get in touch with a sugar specialist doctor online and get yourself evaluated.
Once you get in touch with our diabetes doctor, you will be recommended certain tests for diagnosis. Post diagnosis, the doctor will help you modify your lifestyle, and suggest simple and practical tips to follow for your health and well-being. MFine also offers a long-term diabetes care plan to manage diabetes better.
- 4 Diabetologist Consultations
- Customized Wellness Program
- 2 Blood Tests at Home
- Meal Planning
- Monitoring by Health Coaches
What do Diabetologists treat?
- Diabetes Type 1: The symptoms of Diabetes Type 1 are severe, sudden and usually the onset is at a very young age.One might experience symptoms like frequent urination, increased thirst, or rapid weight loss. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, a diabetologist on MFine can help you in the right way.
- Diabetes Type 2: If you suffer from excessive hunger, have a tingling sensation in hands or feet or delayed wound healing, or notice skin changes around your neck or armpits, you might have Diabetes Type 2. Such patients feel fatigued most of the time and barely have any energy. It’s best to seek guidance from a sugar specialist doctor on MFine to get to the root of the problem and then treat it.
- Nerve damage: A severe complication of high blood sugar, nerve damage or diabetic neuropathy can cause numbness in your fingers, toes, hands, and feet. If you experience any such symptoms, it is advised to consult a diabetologist immediately.
- Foot problems: Diabetes mostly affects the feet, foot problems arise every now and then. Gangrene and foot ulcers that do not heal can lead to amputation of your toe, foot, or even part of your leg.
- Kidney damage: Diabetes does not just affect the pancreas, but also other vital organs of the body, including kidneys. If kidneys do not function properly, they do not filter blood in the way they should and cause waste to build up.
How often should you go to the Diabetologist?
Diabetic patients should consult a diabetologist once every 3-4 months or as directed by the doctor.
What is the qualification of a Diabetologist?
A diabetologist holds a 5-year medical degree (MBBS) followed by a 2-year foundation course recognized by the Indian Medical Council. There are advanced specialties and diplomas in diabetes that a diabetologist can opt to pursue like MSc – Diabetology, Ph.D. in Diabetology, etc.
How to find a good Diabetologist?
You can find a good diabetologist through a simple search on MFine. Select your location and search for the best diabetologist near you on the MFine app or website. You can avail of an instant consultation via chat, call, or video call with the top sugar specialist in your city. Based on your problem, you might be called for an in-person consultation by your sugar doctor.
How to choose a Diabetologist?
You can choose a diabetologist for yourself based on the doctor’s years of experience. The convenience of travel might also be a criterion in case you need to visit your diabetologist in person for an evaluation. In that case, choose the best diabetologist nearby on MFine and stay rest assured as we bring to you the top sugar doctors from your city.
53391 cases done by Diabetologists
No Diabetologists available currently
List of 1957 Top Diabetologists in India
Frequently Asked Questions on Diabetologist Near Me
What are the different kinds of diabetes?
Diabetes mellitus commonly called as diabetes has different kinds:
- Diabetes Type 1: A chronic health condition due to which autoimmune cells affect the pancreas leading to failure in the production of sugar-lowering hormones (insulin).
- Diabetes Type 2: A condition wherein the body resists the action of the sugar lowering hormone (insulin).
- Gestational diabetes: A condition where a pregnant lady is diagnosed with diabetes. Ensure to consult a diabetologist in such cases.
Is there a cure for diabetes?
There is no cure for diabetes, however, diabetes can be managed with the right medication and lifestyle changes. The treatment also differs depending on the level of diabetes. Type II diabetes, especially, can even be reversed with the right food habits and exercise. Make sure to consult a sugar specialist doctor to ascertain your diet.
What is the difference between an endocrinologist and a diabetologist?
When do I need to see a diabetologist?
If a person is suffering from really low and high blood sugar, it is best to consult a diabetologist near you. A diabetologist is an expert in treating diabetes and will ensure that there are no further complications.
What is a diabetic bladder?
Top Diabetologist online across India
- Diabetologist in Bangalore
- Diabetologist in Hyderabad
- Diabetologist in Kolkata
- Diabetologist in Chennai
- Diabetologist in Mumbai
- Diabetologist in Delhi
- Diabetologist in Gurgaon
- Diabetologist in Chandigarh
- Diabetologist in Pune
- Diabetologist in Noida
- Diabetologist in Jaipur
- Diabetologist in Ahmedabad
- Diabetologist in Vadodara
- Diabetologist in Kochi
- Diabetologist in Coimbatore
- Diabetologist in Indore
- Diabetologist in Surat
- Diabetologist in Lucknow
- Diabetologist in Kanpur
- Diabetologist in Nagpur
- Diabetologist in Visakhapatnam
- Diabetologist in Thane
- Diabetologist in Bhopal
- Diabetologist in Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Diabetologist in Patna
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App