Book Mantoux Test in Gurgaon
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
What is the process to book a Mantoux Blood Test in Gurgaon?
What is the Mantoux test used For?
The TST, or Mantoux test, is the most popular method for detecting latent tuberculosis infection. It involves injecting a certain amount of an internationally standardised pure protein derivative (PPD) of tuberculin into the skin.
Mantoux test procedure?
The Mantoux test checks for Tuberculosis infection in your body
- The Mantoux test does not require an overnight fast.
- This test involves injecting 0.1 ml of tuberculin PPD into the skin of the forearm with a special syringe called, tuberculin syringe. Post injection of the liquid into the skin, you may notice a small bump or elevation around 5-10 mm on your forearm. You may feel a sting like any other blood test.
- The skin reaction is read between 48 and 72 hrs. The diameter of the swelling is measured and interpreted as positive, negative or indeterminate.
How to prepare for the Mantoux test?
|Before test||During test|
|It is not mandatory to fast for 8-10 hours before the test.||There might be slight pain and redness on the forearm where the liquid is injected into the skin. However, these symptoms will go away quickly.|
Things to do after the Mantoux test?
- Don’t use a bandage or tape to conceal the area.
- Take care not to scratch or rub it.
- Use a cool cloth on the irritated spot if it itches.
- You can wash and dry your arm gently.
How long does it take to get the Mantoux test results?
Once the tuberculin liquid is injected into the forearm, Swelling dimensions are taken between 48-72 hrs. . After the testing is completed, the Mantoux test results will be available on the app for download after 72 hours.
Is the Mantoux test a definitive test?
The Mantoux test is not a definitive test. It helps in identifying if the person is infected with tuberculosis infection. It does not indicate if the person has tuberculosis disease or not
Why book a Mantoux test in Gurgaon?
- The Mantoux test is considered a useful tool for tuberculosis screening (TB). This test aids in the detection of tuberculosis infection as well as tuberculosis diagnosis. Individuals infected with this virus may or may not show any symptoms of the condition. This is known as latent tuberculosis, and the Mantoux test can help discover it.
For further assistance
Related Tests in Gurgaon
Popular Health Packages in Gurgaon.
What type of infections can a Mantoux blood test detect?
What happens to your sample?
Blogs that may interest you:
Frequently asked questions | FAQs
What is a Mantoux test?
What affects the Mantoux test results?
Factors that can affect the results of a TB test include:
- working in a medical facility, such as a hospital, a care centre, or a laboratory
- having had tuberculosis in the past
- undergoing organ transplantation
- If the patient is on immunosuppressant medication.
- Previous BCG vaccination
- Very young age
- HIV-positive condition.
What is the Mantoux test normal readings?
The reference range may differ depending on your gender, age, medical history, and current condition, among other factors. If your test results are positive, you may have been infected with tuberculosis at some point in the past. A positive result does not necessarily mean that the infection is active. If your test results are negative, it’s possible that the infection isn’t present. If you receive unexpected test results, see your doctor right away. Depending on the findings of your examinations, your doctor may suggest more tests.