Diet Counseling For PCOD: A Controlled Diet Plan
PCOD (Polycystic Ovary Disease) is a condition where women have multiple cysts in their ovaries.
Although mostly treatable, 5 to 7 % of women in the reproductive age bracket get affected by this problem worldwide. 
- PCOD is the major cause of infertility in women.
- It is caused by high levels of androgens ( also called male hormones) in the body.
PCOD also leads to other health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, unhealthy cholesterol, anxiety, and endometrial cancer.
Common symptoms of PCOD are:
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Excessive hair growth
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Darkening of skin
- Skin tags
- High fiber vegetables which fight insulin resistance, reduce the impact of sugar in
the blood and slow down the digestion
- Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts
- Green vegetables including red leaf lettuce and arugula
- Lean protein which doesnâ€™t provide fiber but is filling and is a healthy dietary option.
- Fish ( particularly salmon and sardines) which are high in omega-3 fatty
Avoid the following foods:
- Carbohydrates as they cause inflammation and exacerbate insulin resistance.
- Sugar as it contains carbohydrates.
- Inflammation-causing foods
Adopt a lifestyle involving daily exercise.
Seek professional medical advice.
Doctors may suggest medicines like:
- Anti-diabetic drugs
For any assistance regarding PCOD treatment, our team at mfine is ready to guide you with proper diet plans and medication.