Mental Health Last updated on 2021-02-26 20:50:42
Why Having A Healthy Workplace Environment Is Important?
- Dr. Sreelekha Daruvuri
- 2 Min Read
While awareness about toxic work environments and their harmful effects has increased, a lot of companies still do not realize the importance and advantages of having a healthy workplace. A healthy workplace goes beyond office decors, lighting and technology. It is more about how the overall environment in the workplace makes employees feel about themselves and their work. Do they feel safe and secure or are they always on edge and anxious?
Signs of a healthy work environmentOrganizations with healthy workplaces generally appear more upbeat, lively and encouraging. There is a happy and light tone to the workplace culture. There might be work pressure but there is always a work-life balance and no work stress. Employees smile more often and are generally more motivated and productive. Some of the hallmarks of a healthy workplace are-
- Encouraging in nature
- Empowers everyone
- Promotes a safe and positive atmosphere
- Boosts productivity
- Promotes wellness and eliminates stress
Advantages of a healthy workplaceSome of the various advantages of promoting a healthy work environment are-
- Boosts employee morale
- Reduces employee turnover
- Increases productivity
- Promotes team-building
- Improves employee’s physical and mental health
- Increases company profit
How to identify an unhealthy workplaceIt is not very difficult to identify unhealthy or toxic workplaces. A toxic place is one that has-
- Lack of leadership
- Holding the meeting after the meeting
- People letting “Joe be Joe”
- People with “that’s not my job” attitude
- Lack of proper communication
- Peer pressure affecting work
- Colleagues trying to throw each other under the bus
- Persistent gossip culture
Consult a Psychotherapist
Check out these videos
Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Covaxin and Covishield | Latest Updates
Difference Between COVID and Pneumonia
Who are Susceptible to Heart Attack?
Was this article helpful?
- 0 0
- Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Love reading our articles?
Subscribe to never miss a post again!