Healthy at Home Last updated on 2021-06-11 16:35:06
Start The First 60 Minutes Of Your Day With These Healthy Habits
- Dr. Abhishtita Mudunuri
- 3 Min Read
A new day means a new start! To make the best of the day, it is important that you kick off your mornings with healthy practices. With that being said, start your day with these 7 healthy habits to improve your overall wellbeing and for a long-lasting change.
Get hydrated asapDrinking water provides a lot of health benefits, that is why you must always start the day with a glass of water as soon as you wake up.
- Water hydrates your body after a long sleep
- Boosts your level of alertness
- Increases your metabolic rate
Splash your face with cold waterIf you feel sleepy in the morning, wash your face with cold water. It will make you feel energised in a jiffy. Experts also say that cold water acts as an astringent and can:
Brush, scrape and flossProper dental routine ensures removal of plaque which is one of the most common reasons for gum disease and tooth decay.
- Brushing your teeth prevents dental cavities and gum disease
- Flossing can help prevent periodontal disease
- Removes bacteria and prevents bad breath
Reduce stress with meditationThe need to relieve stress is greater amid our demanding schedules and busy lives. When you start your mornings with meditation you are bound to feel more relaxed and energised.
- Choose a time for meditation & stick to it
- Create a designated place to meditate
- Don’t rush it and be consistent every day
Exercise for a minimum of 10 minutesSleeping might rejuvenate your mind but may stiffen your muscles and joints. Therefore, it is important to stretch to ease out the soreness and exercise is the remedy.
- Exercise can boost mood and energy
- Improves stamina and overall well being
- Aids in weight loss
Get some sunSunlight can do wonders for your health. Just 10 minutes early in the morning tells your body clock that it’s time to start the day.
- Sunlight is a source of vitamin D which is important for your bones
- Reduces stress and improves your sleep
- Improves mood and fights off depression
Breakfast is a mustThis one is a no-brainer: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It literally means breaking your “fast” after long hours of slumber. Experts say that eating a well-balanced meal has benefits that last well beyond your morning routine.
- Breakfast energizes your brain and body
- Improves focus and concentration
- Reduces the risk of chronic ailments
Consult a General Physician
Check out these videos
Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Covaxin and Covishield | Latest Updates
Difference Between COVID and Pneumonia
Who are Susceptible to Heart Attack?
Was this article helpful?
- 0 0
- Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Love reading our articles?
Subscribe to never miss a post again!