Best Oncologist in Thane
12 Top Oncologists in Thane listed below
Consult an Oncologist Online
Online oncologists specialize in treating malignant tumors and cancers. An oncologist online in Thane that are located in and around also called a cancer care specialist, is a general physician or a general surgeon who specializes in diagnosing and treating cancer. To be precise, cancer refers to abnormal cell growth in one part of the body that can invade other organs, if not treated quickly. A cancer specialist manages the patient’s overall health care throughout the disease.
If you are looking for Oncologist in Thane that are located in and around, consult a doctor online today. With mfine, you can rest assured that you’re in the best hands. We provide expert care and access to the best hospitals in Thane that are located in and around to make sure you never have to compromise on your well-being. You can also opt for health checkups with free sample pickups at home. Lab reports are generated and uploaded online within 48 hours with accurate results and follow-ups with doctors for the same.
What does an oncologist online do?
Oncology refers to the medical field that extensively studies cancer. An oncologist online in Thane that are located in and around on MFine provides diagnosis, cancer treatment, medical care, and prognosis advice to the patients.
Most common cancer symptoms aren’t specific to cancer only. If you are concerned about having a malignant tumour, consult a general physician first to identify the cause behind your symptoms. If these signs and symptoms persist for longer or have worsened, consult an oncologist online in Thane that are located in and around to receive an appropriate diagnosis.
General signs and symptoms of cancer include:
- Excessive fatigue
- Severe weight changes
- Hard lump under the skin
- Abnormal skin changes, such as itching, redness, rashes, or changes to
- Difficulty swallowing
- Shortness of breath
- Persistent fevers
- Persistent muscle pain and joint pain
- Unexplained indigestion
However, do keep in mind that these may also be symptoms of other diseases. If you are still concerned about your risk of cancer, consult an oncologist online who can prescribe appropriate cancer screening tests for you.
Most often, oncologist online in Thane that are located in and around work with a team of medical experts to provide the right kind of cancer treatment for their patients. A patient may require a combination of treatments, such as surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. Thus, cancer care specialists at MFine works with a multidisciplinary team to ensure their patients receive the medical services they deserve. Cancer specialists work with the following medical professionals:
A pathologist who analyzes laboratory tests to develop medical reports regularly.
A diagnostic radiologist who performs several imaging tests like x-rays, MRI scans, CT scans, and ultrasound tests to effectively identify the type and stage of cancer.
A doctor specializing in the relevant area of medical expertise. For example, if a person is diagnosed with skin cancer, a dermatologist will be involved in the cancer treatment process. An oncology nurse to assist the cancer care specialist and patient during the treatment.
How does an oncologist online diagnose cancer?
An oncologist online in Thane that are located in and around may recommend you take lab tests, condition-based health check-ups, lifestyle-based health check-ups, or even a comprehensive full-body health check-up Cancer care specialists often use multiple diagnostic tests to detect cancer. They diagnose cancer using the following diagnostic procedures:
- Understanding medical history: Learning about the patient’s clinical history and family history is key to diagnosing cancer. Cancer doctors look out for general signs of cancer, as well as a family history of a certain type of cancer such as signs of breast cancer.
Blood test: Analyzing blood samples can identify the possibility of cancer in your body. A simple blood test can indicate cancer cells, abnormal levels of antibodies or proteins, and chemicals created by tumours. (tumour markers)
- Biopsy: A biopsy is the most common and effective method oncology doctors use to diagnose cancer. A biopsy involves the cancer specialist removing a small amount of tissue from the area of concern to analyze further.
- Endoscopy: An endoscopy is a diagnostic technique used to study a patient’s internal organs in detail. The procedure consists of a long, thin tube that is inserted into an opening of your body. For example, colonoscopy is a type of endoscopy that is also used to screen for colorectal cancer.
- Radiological imaging tests: Imaging tests like X-Rays, CT scans , ultrasound imaging, and MRI scans are also used to screen for cancer. However, an imaging test alone is not sufficient to diagnose cancer. Cancer care specialists often use multiple diagnostic tests to detect cancer.
If you have any queries or doubts about an existing growth in your body, or you are undergoing cancer treatment, ask an oncologist doctor online on MFine. Consult a cancer care specialist online today from the comfort of your home.
How does an oncologist online treat cancer?
Oncologists online in Thane that are located in and around use the following types of treatment options to cure cancer.
- Surgery: Manual removal of the tumour and the tissues near the affected area.
- Chemotherapy: Usage of drugs to destroy the malignant tumour.
- Radiation therapy: Usage of high-powered external beam radiation to kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy/ biological therapy: A type of cancer treatment that aids your immune system to fight against cancer.
- Hormone therapy: Removal of the hormones or blocking the effects of the hormone that cause cancer. This type of therapy is effective in treating breast cancer or prostate cancer.
- Targeted therapy: This type of cancer treatment uses drugs to target certain proteins that allow the growth of cancer cells.
Cancer survivors are monitored by cancer specialists periodically through palliative care to check for improvement in their health. Palliative care is a type of cancer treatment that involves reducing the cancer symptoms, and side-effects of cancer treatment.
This process involves regular health check-ups, blood tests, mental health counseling with a psychiatrist, nutrition counseling with a dietitian, and other appropriate lab tests.
MFine is a digital healthcare platform to make medical services accessible to everyone. With the MFine app, you can now consult with top cancer doctors in your city without the hassle of visiting a hospital. You can search for ‘best oncology doctor near me’ or ‘top cancer doctors near me’ to book an instant medical consultation.