Best General Surgeon in Bangalore
45 Top General Surgeons in Bangalore listed below
General Surgery Infrastructure in Bangalore
Bangalore is a metropolitan city and the IT hub of India. It has a plethora of talents with big IT giants like IBM, Amazon and others. But the great part is it does not lag in the city's healthcare sector either. The citizens of Bangalore are highly aware of the need for quality health care. Bangalore thus has renowned hospitals like Columbia Asia, Manipal, Apollo, Fortis, to name a few. In addition, there are many good government medical centers like the Victoria Hospital, St John Medical College Hospital, etc.
These hospitals provide the necessary care when people require the latest medical procedure and the assistance of state-of-the-art technology. Not to forget, they have medical teams versed with years of experience and training in the field. Also, the hospitals contain the latest technology and equipment for the best treatment.
So, if you need the assistance of the best general surgeon in Bangalore, you can find 1130+ hospitals offering you what you require. General surgeons are specialized doctors who are trained in carrying out general surgical procedures. So, if you need assistance with trauma surgery, colorectal surgery, laparoscopic surgery, breast surgery, endocrine surgery, transplant surgery or others, you can contact a general surgeon in Bangalore.
They can help you with any problem you may have relating to abdominal content like the stomach, esophagus, large/small intestine, liver, and other parts. However, if you are stuck finding the best general surgeon and booking an appointment with them at a suitable time, we have a solution.
How to find a good general surgeon in Bangalore?
Bangalore is a tier I city with good availability of general surgeons across all areas. To find a good general surgeon in Bangalore, you can rely on MFine. We help you connect with the top general surgeon in your city.
Step 1: Set your location as Bangalore
Step 2: Search for general surgeon
Step 3: You can set the filters based on experience, language, location, availability, gender, and hospital.
Step 4: You can also sort by earliest availability, nearest location and most experienced general surgeon.
How to choose a general surgeon?
On the MFine app, you can connect with the best general surgeon nearby for all general surgery-related problems or conditions. You can choose a general surgeon for yourself based on the doctor’s years of experience, preferred language, gender and availability.
How to book an online consultation with a general surgeon on MFine?
To book an online consultation,
- Select the general surgeon
- Add patient details like name, gender and age
- Start your consultation
You can also download the MFine app and avail of consultation on the go.
Who is a General Surgeon?
A general surgeon is a medical doctor who specializes in general surgery. General surgeons perform surgery related to the stomach, large intestine, small intestine, esophagus, pancreas, liver, appendix, bile ducts, gall bladder, hemorrhoids (piles), varicose veins etc.
What does a General Surgeon do?
A general surgeon performs different types of general surgery. A few of the responsibilities of a general surgeon include:
- Pre and Post-Operative Care: General surgeons offer pre and post-operative care and advice. It is crucial for patients to manage their systems in the pre-operative state, take necessary medications, and consult a doctor if symptoms aggravate. Post-operative care advice is very important to make sure patients can manage their pain, recovery, take timely medications, and get back to normal life. General surgeons can provide correct guidelines to patients with several conditions, for instance, like appendicitis, which is painful and debilitating. If timely surgery is not done, the appendix may burst and even lead to death. Likewise, it is imperative to care for patients with gallbladder stones, which often go undiagnosed. In this case, a surgeon would be the best person to consult for a diagnosis, the need for surgery and post-treatment care.
- Piles/Hemorrhoids Surgery: Lifestyle, food habits, medicines, and many other factors lead to piles or hemorrhoids. It is a painful condition affecting the rectum. General surgery doctors suggest patients to undergo surgery for permanent piles removal and quick recovery. They also help patients understand the recovery period and scope of treatment.
- Appendix surgery: General surgeons provide pre and post-operative advice for appendix surgery. You can consult with a general surgeon online through MFine for appendix care. Instead of traveling to a clinic and waiting in line, consult a surgeon online on the MFine app. Through instant chat and video consultation, an online surgeon will be able to provide you with the best pre and post-operative advice for any appendix-related issues you may have.
- Hernia operation: General surgeons perform the surgery and provide pre and post operative care for hernia operations.
- Removal or biopsy of tumors, masses, and cysts: Need advice for any of these issues? Get in touch with a general surgeon online through MFine.
- Circumcisions: General surgeons provide advice for circumcision, post-operative care, and much more.
- Amputation (AKA, BKA): Amputation is very difficult. It takes immense care to recover from the pain and trauma. General surgeons offer preliminary advice and care guidelines to patients.
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy surgery is minimally invasive and the most sophisticated one of its kind.
- Gall bladder disease: General surgeons diagnose and perform surgeries like the removal of gall bladder stones along with providing consultations for other related diseases.
When should you go to the General Surgeon?
You would need to visit a general surgeon when there is a need for any kind of surgery related to the intestines, liver, appendix, gallbladder, etc. Before surgery is required, diagnosis and treatment are done by a general physician. However, when surgery is recommended, one is referred to a general surgeon for a detailed diagnosis and operation procedure.
What are the qualifications of a General Surgeon?
The educational qualification of a general surgeon includes a 5-years MBBS degree, followed by specialization in general surgery with a DNB or MS General Surgery qualification.
How to find a good General Surgeon?
You can find a good general surgeon through a simple search on MFine. Select your location and search for the best general surgeon near you on the MFine app or website. You can avail of an instant consultation via chat, call, or video call with the top general surgeons in your city. Based on your problem, you might be called for an in-person consultation by your general surgeon.
How to choose a General Surgeon?
You can choose a general surgeon for yourself based on the doctor’s years of experience. The convenience of travel might also be a criterion in case you need to visit your general surgeon in person for any procedure. In that case, choose the best general surgeon nearby on MFine and stay rest assured as we bring to you the top general surgeons from your city.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average cost of general surgery consultation in Bangalore?
The average cost of general surgery consultation in Bangalore is around 500. The cost might vary based on the severity of your condition.
Should I go to the General Surgeon during Covid?
While the cases are currently in control in Bangalore, you can avoid the risk by opting for an online consultation. If you need to visit the general surgeon in person, wear a mask, maintain social distancing and use hand sanitizer frequently during your commute.
Can I book an instant online consultation with a general surgeon in Bangalore?
Yes, you can book an instant online consultation with a general surgeon in Bangalore through MFine. You can sort by earliest availability and connect with the general surgeon immediately. You will be asked a few preliminary questions based on your condition before the consultation.
Can I book a follow-up consultation with the same general surgeon in Bangalore?
Yes, you can book a follow-up consultation. Further, if your previous case is closed, you will get the option ‘Consult again’.
Step 1: Go to Health files > My consultations
Step 2: Check the closed case
Step 3: Select the option of ‘Consult Again’
How to prepare for a video consultation with a general surgeon?
Before you begin the consultation session, make sure to sit in a place that is quiet, has bright lighting and has a good internet connection.
How can I download the prescription shared by my general surgeon?
Follow these steps to download the prescription shared by your general surgeon:
Step 1: Go to My consultations
Step 2: Open the Case
Step 3: Click on the prescription
Step 4: Click on Download PDF
In what conditions should I see a general surgeon in Bangalore?
You must see a general surgeon in Bangalore when you have a problem relating to the stomach, esophagus, colon, small bowel, pancreas, liver, skin, breast, gallbladder, etc. A general surgeon is a physician trained in these organs and can treat diseases related to these through surgery.
For what operations can I approach a general surgeon?
People often get confused about what comes under the category of general surgery. Although the name contains general, it is a specialty surgery like surgery of the abdominal region. It can also be breast surgery, endocrine surgery, hernia surgery, etc. The doctors have undergone proper training and have the proper skill and experience to carry the operation.
Some important questions that I must ask my general Surgeon?
Some important questions that you must ask when consulting a general surgeon in Bangalore are, why is going through the operation important? Is there any other way of treating the problem? What will be the process of operation? Is there any risk involved? Benefits and possible complications involved in the operation? Lastly, the anesthesia option you will be getting.
What are common diseases treated by a general surgeon?
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Ulcerative colitis
- Piles, etc.
- Varicose veins
Are general surgeons and general physicians the same?
While both general surgeons and physicians diagnose and treat general medical conditions, a surgeon can perform surgery and a physician can’t. A general physician provides treatment through medications.