Uric Acid Serum Test in Bangalore
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book a uric acid serum test in Bangalore?
What is included in the uric acid serum test?
This test is done to measure the uric acid levels in the blood. Uric acid is a waste product which is formed from purines. Purines are metabolic compounds containing nitrogen. They are made inside the cells of your body (endogenous), or come from outside, that is, from foods containing purine (exogenous). Purine breaks down into uric acid. Increased levels of uric acid from excess purines may accumulate in your tissues, and form crystals. This may cause high uric acid levels in the blood. Uric acid formation occurs when the blood uric acid level rises above 7 mg/dL.
Procedure for uric acid serum test
Once the test is booked,
- The lab technician will arrive at your doorstep at the chosen time slot and will collect your blood sample.
- The blood sample is then sent to accredited labs of your choice (made during the booking) for further processing.
- The blood sample is checked for serum electrolytes
How to prepare for a uric acid serum test?
No special preparation is needed for this test. You must not forget to inform the doctor about any medications that you may be taking.
Things to consider after uric acid serum test is complete
There are no risks following a uric acid serum test. You must ensure that the blood sample has been properly collected in a test tube by the lab technician and wait for the results. Meanwhile, you can book an appointment with your physician for opinion and necessary intervention. Once you’ve booked an appointment, do follow up with your physician and follow the recommendations as per prescribed. It is best to not delay the process of getting a consultant opinion.
What types of infection can a uric acid serum test detect?
If your blood test results show high uric acid levels, it can mean you have
- Kidney disease
- Preeclampsia, a condition that can cause dangerously high blood pressure in pregnant women
- Certain cancers, or chemotherapy agents may cause an increased turnover rate of cell death. This is usually due to chemotherapy, but high uric acid levels can occur before chemotherapy is administered
- A diet that includes too many purine-rich foods
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Gout, which involves recurring attacks of acute arthritis
- Acute kidney failure
- Kidney stones
- Multiple myeloma
- Wilson’s disease
- Fanconi syndrome
Low levels of uric acid in blood are uncommon and not usually cause for concern.
How much does uric acid serum test cost?*
The cost of a uric acid serum test varies from place to place and is in the range of Rs.100-250.
The cost is subject to vary from place to place. In other instances, it is a component of health screening packages and can be availed at a lesser cost.
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for a uric acid serum test?
You can expect to get the results for the uric acid serum test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal uric acid serum test results indicate?
An abnormal level may indicate:
Gout: A form of complex arthritis( inflammation of joint space)-
It is better to consult a doctor for interpreting the test results.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is uric acid serum a definitive test?
Uric acid serum is not a definitive test. In some cases, people with high uric acid levels don’t have gout or other kidney disorders. You may not need treatment if there is no presence of symptoms of the disease. It is advisable to talk to your health care provider if you are concerned about your uric acid levels, and/or if you start to have any symptoms.
How to read the uric acid serum test report?
Normal Uric acid levels are 2.4-6.0 mg/dL (female) and 3.4-7.0 mg/dL (male).
Any value above 7.0 mg/dl may indicate elevated uric acid levels in the body.
Why to book a uric acid serum test?
If you are subjected to symptoms of pain and swelling around the area of joints, it is an indication of booking yourself an uric acid serum test.
Call a nearby diagnostic center to book a test from the comfort of your home. The blood sample will be collected by a diagnostic individual in a test tube and carried to the lab for further investigations.
Once you have received your results, it is your responsibility to report to your consultant doctor and get a proper interpretation of the results.
It is not advisable for you to interpret the results on your own and go for self prescribed medications.
Uric acid serum test at home – how does it work?
The uric acid serum test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein.The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial.The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with uric acid serum tests?
There are no relevant risks involved with this test. However, if you are allergic to some medications or have other ailments, it is your responsibility to inform your doctor prior and get a clearance for any further treatment procedures.
Why book a uric acid serum test?
- The uric acid serum test helps in detecting the amount of uric acid present in the blood. By calculating the amount of uric acid, the doctor can do the following:
- Detect gout, related kidney diseases, etc.
- Determine the cause of frequent kidney stones.
- Monitor the treatment of high levels of uric acid.
- This test is also done to monitor the levels of uric acid in the people who are undergoing chemotherapy, as this treatment may cause an increase in the levels of uric acid in the body.
For further assistance
Book Uric Acid Serum Test Near Me in Bangalore | MFine
Book Uric Acid Serum Test Near Me in Bangalore | MFine
What does the uric acid serum test measure?
- The uric acid serum test measures the level of uric acid present in the blood. Uric acid is a byproduct produced in the purine digestion process, which is usually removed through urine or stool. It is a natural waste product from the process of food digestion. If the body is not able to dispose of the uric acid out through the urine, it starts accumulating in the blood. The uric acid accumulation can cause health issues like gout, kidney stones, kidney disease and diabetes. For timely diagnosis and treatment, consult a doctor and book your test immediately.
- Untreated uric acid accumulation may lead to permanent bone deformities, atherosclerosis, a heart attack or a stroke.
What Preparation is needed for a uric acid serum test?
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
- Normal uric acid values range from 1.5 to 6.0 milligrams/deciliter (mg/dL) for women and 2.5 to 7.0 mg/dL for men. Any value above or below the normal range is considered abnormal. Though lower values are less of a health concern than higher values, you can consult a doctor about it. A high uric acid level may be an indicator of any one of the following diseases:
- Kidney stones
- Kidney disease
- If your test results are in the abnormal range, it is best to consult with a doctor for interpreting the test results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Seshadripuram, Bangalore?
Yes, you can avail at-home sample collection in Seshadripuram. A skilled lab technician will come to your home in Seshadripuram, collect your blood sample and take it to your desired diagnostic center. The test results will be uploaded to your profile, where you can download them.
What is the cost of a uric acid serum test in Bangalore?
The price for a uric acid serum test starts from Rs. 100. The cost depends on your residential address, the distance between your home and lab, the lab that you choose and related facilities.
I stay in Coimbatore. Can I book a uric acid serum test for my uncle staying in Bangalore?
Yes, you can book a uric acid serum test for your uncle living in Bangalore. No matter where you are booking the test from, give your uncle’s address as an in-home sample collection address. A lab technician will go to your uncle’s home and collect samples.
How can I reschedule my appointment for blood sample collection?
You can reschedule your appointment for sample collection through your profile. A detailed guideline will be there for your reference. Follow the steps and reschedule the appointment. For more assistance, you can dial the MFine customer service number anytime.
Is the lab technician coming for uric acid serum test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection
When is a uric acid serum test recommended?
The doctor recommends a uric acid serum test when they suspect high levels of uric acid in the blood. Symptoms that suggest such a possibility may be joint pain, stiffness, swelling in joints, etc. It may even be recommended if you frequently suffer from kidney or gall stones.
Is a prescription required to book a uric acid serum test?
The uric acid serum test is a simple blood analysis test for measuring uric acid levels. Still, it is always advisable to consult a doctor before ordering a test, no matter what the test is. It helps in avoiding unnecessary adverse effects.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the uric acid serum test a definitive test?
The uric acid serum test is not a routine test. However, the test helps in managing gout, diabetes, kidney stone and kidney disease. It is more reliable in monitoring treatment progress and checking for adverse reactions in chemotherapy.
What other tests are usually recommended along with uric acid serum tests?
Some common tests that are may be recommended along with a uric acid serum test are:
- Blood profile,
- Urine dipstick test,
- Joint fluid test, and
- CT scan (in rare cases).
The test requirements may vary based on the diagnosis.
What diseases can be detected through the uric acid serum test?
The uric acid serum test helps,
- To detect gout, related kidney diseases, etc.
- To determine the cause of frequent kidney stones.
- To monitor the treatment of high levels of uric acid.
- To monitor the levels of uric acid in the people who are undergoing chemotherapy, as this treatment may cause high levels of uric acid.
How can I download my uric acid serum test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on uric acid serum tests in Bangalore?
Usually, you can avail up to a 50% discount on uric acid serum tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.