AMH Mullerian Inhibiting Substance Test in Kolkata
Request a Call Back
How to book an AMH Test in Kolkata?
What is the AMH test used for?
AMH is a good predictor of response to fertility medications. If one suffers from infertility but is undergoing a treatment that involves using fertility injections for fertility preservation. In that case, AMH is a powerful predictor of how the body will respond to fertility medications.
AMH test also helps:
- Measure ovarian function and female fertility (ovarian reserve of eggs) in adult women.
- Make diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Check infants whose genitals are not clearly identified as male or female
- Monitor the efficiency of treatment for certain ovarian cancers.
- Determine the effectiveness of assisted reproductive techniques, such as IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation).Diagnose the reason for early menopause
What is included in the AMH test?
AMH cannot determine how quickly one’s fertility will decline. AMH only gives a snapshot of where the ovarian reserve is right now. However, if one is young and the AMH level is low, there might be a possibility of going through an early age menopause.
Procedure for AMH test
A phlebotomist will draw a blood sample using a needle in order to test the blood. Inform the technician if the sight of needles causes you discomfort. He or she may be able to put you at ease.
The sample is usually collected from a vein in your arm. You will either be sitting or lying down. It is possible that you will be asked to make a fist. A rubber band will be wrapped over your arm by the technician.
When the technician spots a vein, they will clean the region before inserting the needle. Then the blood sample is sent to a lab for getting tested.
How to prepare for the AMH test?
There is no need to prepare for the AMH blood test. No need for fasting. Unlike other fertility blood tests, the AMH test may be done on any day of a woman’s cycle, and even if one is on birth control pills .
What types of disorders can AMH test detect?
AMH tests evaluate women’s ovarian function and fertility problems, especially if assisted reproduction methods such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) are being considered.
A doctor orders AMH test when he wants to know if a woman has reached menopause or has signs and symptoms of PCOS, or is considering conception. Some other reasons include:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Absence of menstrual cycle (amenorrhea)
- Decreased breast size
- Enlarged ovaries
- Obesity and weight gain with irregular menstrual cycles
AMH may be obtained on a regular basis for a woman with AMH-producing ovarian cancer to monitor therapy efficacy and for recurrence.
How much does the AMH test cost?
The cost of an AMH test is determined by testing facilities, quality, convenience, and other factors. Different laboratories may charge different fees. An AMH level blood test is generally priced between 1000 and 2000 rupees in India.
Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the AMH test?
You can expect to get the results for the AMH test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal AMH test results indicate?
If you are a woman trying to conceive, your results might help you determine your odds of success in getting pregnant. It can also help you determine when to try for a baby. A high level of AMH may indicate that your chances are greater and that you have more time before trying to get pregnant.
However, like women with PCOS, they can respond very vigorously to medications and produce lots of eggs; they are at greater risk for developing a problem called hyperstimulation syndrome. These women should use a lower dose of their medication.
Women with low AMH don’t respond as well; they require more aggressive treatment protocols and higher doses of medications but still end up with lower numbers of eggs and more cycles that get canceled for poor response.
AMH levels can fluctuate compared to other tests for ovarian reserve like the hormone FSH. There is a lot less variability in AMH levels, but there are some AMH levels that will vary a little depending on where you’re at in your menstrual cycle and whether you are currently taking birth control pills.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is the AMH test a definitive test?
Fertility hormone testing can assist you in determining your ovarian reserve–where you stand in terms of egg count. FSH, E2, and AMH are three important hormones that might indicate ovarian reserve.
AMH provides you with knowledge and control over your ovarian reserve. Even better than FSH, since it detects ovarian changes earlier in life.
Furthermore, whereas FSH levels fluctuate during the cycle and month to month, AMH is more constant than FSH. Therefore, AMH is one of the most accurate and first test to be done.
How to read the AMH test report?
As a general guideline, the following amounts (in nanograms per milliliter) reflect the lower limit of serum AMH values by age:
45 years old: 0.5 ng/mL
40 years old: 1 ng/mL
35 years old: 1.5 ng/ mL
30 years old: 2.5 ng/mL
25 years old: 3.0 ng/mL
High (often PCOS): Over 4.0 ng/ml
Normal: 1.5 – 4.0 ng/ml
Low Normal Range: 1.0 – 1.5 ng/ml
Low: 0.5 – 1.0 ng/ml
Very Low Less than 0.5 ng/ml
If you test your AMH today and find it low, it doesn’t imply you can’t get pregnant tomorrow or in three months. AMH levels below 1.6 ng/mL indicate fewer eggs retrieved with IVF. Levels less than 0.4 ng/mL are considered extremely low.
While test findings are useful, it’s also worth noting that you have fewer eggs as you age. This is very normal! It means that AMH levels decline during a woman’s reproductive life.
Just because you have “normal” AMH levels now does not mean they will remain normal in the future. All women will experience a decline in fertility as they age, but the rate at which this decline happens varies from woman to woman and cannot be anticipated.
The amounts shown above are considered conservative estimates, and the cutoffs vary based on the lab. Any test results should be discussed with the doctor who ordered the test.
Why book an AMH test?
Women may be offered the AMH test to check fertility issues and ovarian function, especially if in vitro fertilisation (IVF) is being considered. The test may also be recommended when a woman is diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). In the case of infants, an AMH test is ordered when a doctor notices the baby has underdeveloped or indeterminate genitalia.
What AMH is:
An effective tool for determining a woman’s current ovarian reserve. It provides an overall image of how you seem now.
It can also assist to set realistic expectations for the number of eggs that can be retrieved. It can help predict how you will react to medication if you decide to pursue IVF for infertility or egg freezing.
What AMH is not:
A predictor of whether a woman will be able to become pregnant on her own in the future.
The only genuine measure of a woman’s ability to conceive, regardless of her AMH levels, is for her to become pregnant independently. A large cohort study found no difference in pregnancy rates between women with normal AMH levels and those with low AMH levels (less than 1 ng/mL).
AMH Test at home—how does it work?
The AMH test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with the AMH test?
A blood test poses minimal risk. You may experience some discomfort or bruising where the needle was injected, but most symptoms will pass quickly.
The main message should be that an AMH is one of many bits of information that build a picture. It is not a test for egg quality; rather, it is a test for egg quantity. It should be ordered by someone familiar with the pros and cons of the AMH test so that when the results come in, you can quickly put them into context.
The AMH test can’t tell you when your eggs will run out. Female age predicts egg quality better than AMH. A low result does not imply that your fertile days are finished. Just ask any women who had a low ovarian reserve and are now carrying their baby.
What can affect the results of the AMH test?
Not all women lose their eggs at the same rate. Sometimes younger women can have lower AMH levels than you guessed based on their age. Anything that damages your ovaries can reduce your AMH levels:
- Age. AMH declines typically as we age. Because AMH begins to decline after 35, there may be a link between fertility and age.
- Surgery on the ovaries, such as removing an ovarian cyst, can inadvertently remove some eggs from the ovaries.
- Endometriosis (diseases of the ovary) can also reduce the egg number and therefore reduce AMH.
- Smoking speeds up the process of egg degeneration.
- Chemotherapy and radiation to treat cancer
- Vitamin deficiency, particularly vitamin D deficiency, has been linked to fertility issues and AMH levels.
It is also possible that your AMH levels can be affected by how your doctor’s office processed your blood after it was drawn. AMH is a very fragile molecule. it breaks down very quickly if it is not handled correctly. This can give you a falsely low level.
Why book the AMH Test?
- The test is performed to measure AMH levels in the blood.
- It plays an imperative role in diagnosing PCOS, and determines the success of novel medical reproductive techniques such as IVF.
- It also enables the identification of sex organs of infants in case of ambiguous genitalia.
- Predict the initiation and the reason for early or abrupt menopause.
For further assistance
Book AMH Test Near Me in Kolkata | MFine
Book AMH Test Near Me in Kolkata | MFine
What does the AMH test measure?
- The test indicates predicting a woman’s ability to produce eggs that may be fertilised during pregnancy.
- It also measures the potential number of eggs that a woman pertains to during her fertilising period, defined as an ovarian reserve. It has been observed that if the ovarian reserve is high, a woman carries a better chance of pregnancy. If the reserve is low, then the chances of conceiving are also considered low.
What Preparation is needed for the AMH test?
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
- The test results may often guide a woman trying to get pregnant and indicate the relative chances of her getting pregnant.
- Higher levels of AMH indicate better chances of a woman to conceive. It also defines the sufficient period a woman has before getting pregnant.
- A high level of AMH also signifies the presence of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in women. There is no definite cure for the disease. However, lifestyle modifications play an essential role in managing the disease.
- Lower levels of AMH indicate the troubles one may face before getting pregnant. It may also mark the beginning of menopause in the case of women. A lower level of AMH is typical in women after menopause.
- AMH results serve as a beneficial diagnostic tool in determining the success of a treatment strategy in the case of ovarian cancer.
- The levels of AMH in male infants are also substantial in understanding the proper functionality and the location of the genitals. A low level of AMH in male infants may indicate that genetic or hormonal predispositions may not indicate male or female genitals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Kolkata?
Yes, the sample collection for various tests can be done at home. MFine makes it easier with a single click, where you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be delivered to your doorstep.
What is the cost of the AMH test in Kolkata?
The cost of pathological tests depends upon different laboratory infrastructures prevailing in the city. The price for an AMH test varies based on towns and laboratory facilities. The approximate cost for the AMH test in Kolkata costs Rs. 2000 per person, approximately.
I am staying in Ranchi. Can I book an AMH test for my mother staying in Kolkata?
Yes, you can easily book an AMH test for your relatives and senior family members living in distant places with the help of the MFine app.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the AMH test sample?
Rescheduling of appointments is easily possible through the MFine application. The application has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for AMH test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the AMH test recommended?
AMH is recommended during any point of a menstrual cycle. AMH level increases during early adulthood and then gradually decreases with growing age. It is recommended in the case of women with early symptoms of PCOS. The test is also helpful in determining menstrual disorders and premature menopause or amenorrhea.
Is a prescription required to book an AMH test?
A prescription from any registered doctor is not required for an AMH test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the AMH test definitive?
No, the AMH test is not definitive. Each lab secures a different range ascertaining the average value. The levels are reliable for all women. However, they may vary according to their ovarian reserve. The ongoing medications and body physiology of women significantly play a detrimental role in the sensitivity and specificity of the test results. However, the operational structure of the pathology departments plays an imperative in deciding the accuracy of the test results.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the AMH test?
Antral Follicle count may be suggested along with the AMH test.
Specific hormonal tests may also be recommended at any point in the menstrual cycle, for instance, for detection of progesterone, estradiol, or FSH levels, etc.
What diseases can be detected through the AMH test?
The different diseases that are detected through the AMH test include:
- Menstrual disorders, predominantly include early menopause or amenorrhea
- Abrupt weight gain
- Decreased breast size
- Excess body and facial hair growth.
How can I download my AMH test report?
- Log in to Mfine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the AMH test in Kolkata?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the AMH test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.