Last modified on December 2020
With inputs from Dr.Nikhileshwari Vanukuru, General Physician
– Pityriasis Capitis, commonly known as dandruff is a common skin condition that takes place when the scalp when dry or oily, produces small white flakes of dead skin that are dispersed across your scalp and hair.
– The most common symptoms of dandruff are dry itchy scalp, small white flakes of skin on your hair, face, neck, and on your shoulders and clothes.
– Common causes of Pityriasis Capitis include dry skin, sensitivity to hair products(contact dermatitis), fungal growth, weak immune system, infrequent shampooing, cold dry weather, an unhealthy diet rich in unhealthy fats, oil, and sugar, and skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
– Pityriasis Capitis treatment includes anti-dandruff shampoo, regularly washing your hair, using coconut oil, tea tree oils, reducing stress, and increasing consumption of omega 3 fatty acids.
– If Pityriasis Capitis persists, you should visit a dermatologist to get diagnosed and treated.