Lifestyle Last updated on 2021-03-24 17:07:35
8 Health Problems Women Commonly Ignore
- Ms. Smitakshi Guha
- 4 Min Read
- Fact Checked
Women—just like you shouldn’t ignore your instincts in life, you shouldn’t ignore what your health is trying to tell you either! A fast-paced lifestyle, busy schedule, and a laid-back attitude often make us overlook the signs and symptoms we experience. And in other cases, we end up attributing some widely common female health issues like bloating, stomach ache, etc. to the likes of PMS. That being said, there are symptoms that can be indicative of some common health problems and mustn’t be ignored. So, if you’re experiencing any of these health issues, it’s time to get your health checked ASAP—
1. Unexplained weight loss or weight gainWhen you lose some weight out of nowhere, you’re just too elated to consider that there could be a worrisome cause behind it. On the other hand, when you gain weight out of the blue, you cite your unhealthy eating habits and sedentary lifestyle as its reasons. What you forget is that these could be some of the most prominent warning signs of an underlying health condition like hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism or even PCOS!
2. Persistent fatigueThis is one of the most common health problems that women do not pay attention to. Yes, your daily work schedule can be fully capable of tiring you out, but if you wake up feeling tired even after a good eight hours of sleep, you need to get a health check done right away. Persistent fatigue can be indicative of a list of health conditions relating to the heart, kidneys, liver, blood, as well as fertility!
3. Shortness of breath, dizziness, headachesYou may often attribute symptoms like headaches and shortness of breath to your round-the-clock work schedules and stress, but truth be told, experiencing these symptoms a little too often can be an alarming sign of an underlying heart issue or vitamin and iron deficiency. It’s always advisable to get your health checked when these symptoms become a regular visitor at your doorstep, in order to prevent the risks of cardiovascular diseases as well as stroke.
4. Hair fall that’s too prominentLosing about 50-100 hair strands a day is normal! But anything more than that is a warning sign that you shouldn’t ignore. Thinning hair is often a sign of underlying medical conditions like autoimmune disorders, thyroid issues, or some vital vitamin deficiencies. So, the next time you see a ball of hair in your hairbrush, do make it a point to get a health check done.
5. Persistent bloatingBloating is another one of the most common health problems women ignore. While it’s absolutely normal to feel bloated during or right before your monthly period, it’s NOT normal when you experience it for more than two weeks straight! A bloated belly is one of the prominent signs of endometriosis, especially if it’s coupled with irregular and painful menstrual bleeding, pain during sexual intercourse, etc. In other cases, persistent bloating can also be indicative of ovarian cancer.
6. Irregular menstrual cyclesDo not treat this as one of the passing common health problems. Other than some common reasons like pregnancy, irregular menstrual cycles can also be indicative of some serious health issues like uterine fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, as well as some thyroid disorders.
7. Your urine looks and smells differentWhen your urine doesn’t smell foul and looks clear, you know that if you’ve done a bang-on job with your water intake. But when it looks dark yellow or smells really bad, it could mean a lot of things, including a bladder infection, kidney infection, or some metabolic disorders. Make sure to get a complete health check done that would also include your urine studies to understand what could possibly be wrong.
8. Changes in the breastsIgnoring noticeable changes like swelling or lumps, itchiness and scaling, or redness in the breasts is something every woman should avoid. Getting a breast screening done by experts is mandatory to rule out the risks of breast cancer since early intervention is the only key that increases survival rates. Ladies, a lot of common health problems can be avoided if we listen to what our body is trying to tell us. Getting timely health checks done is a quintessential step in ensuring our health is how it should be! Book the best health checks for yourself at affordable prices and get a complete overview of your health followed by online consultations with senior doctors from the comfort of your home only on the MFine app.
Consult a Gynecologist
Check out these videos
Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Covaxin and Covishield | Latest Updates
Difference Between COVID and Pneumonia
Who are Susceptible to Heart Attack?
Was this article helpful?
- 0 0
- Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Love reading our articles?
Subscribe to never miss a post again!