Book TSH in Mumbai
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
What's the process to book a TSH blood test in Mumbai?
What is a Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) test?
Thyroid-stimulating hormone is a hormone produced in the pituitary gland and controls the production of thyroid hormones. Abnormally high levels of TSH cause hypothyroidism, and abnormally low levels of TSH cause hyperthyroidism. Thyroid-stimulating hormone test is ordered when the patients show the following symptoms: fatigue, weight gain, anxiety, palpitations etc.
What is TSH test used for?
A TSH blood test measures for abnormalities in your TSH, T3 and T4 levels. Abnormally high levels of TSH cause hypothyroidism, and abnormally low levels of TSH cause hyperthyroidism.
What is included in a TSH test?
A TSH blood test includes the following:
TSH, Triiodothyronine (T3) and Tetraiodothyronine (T4).
While TSH is produced in the pituitary gland, T3 and T4 are produced in the thyroid gland.
TSH regulates the production of T3 and T4.
T3, in turn, regulates the production of TSH by signaling the pituitary gland to stop the production of TSH. That is called the negative feedback mechanism.
Malfunction in production in any of these hormones could lead to hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.
How to prepare for the TSH test?
No special preparation is required for a standard TSH test. However, keep your doctor informed about any medications that you are taking.
Things to consider after the TSH test is completed.
Side effects of performing a blood test are uncommon. Once the blood sample is withdrawn for the TSH test, it may cause dizziness or nausea for some patients, sometimes bruising is seen in patients with sensitive skin.
What does a Thyroid-stimulating hormone test detect?
The blood test helps detect abnormalities in thyroid levels, namely Thyroid-stimulating hormone, T3 and T4 levels.
How long does it take to get TSH test results?
It takes about 24-48 hours to get the normal TSH blood test on your MFine app, which you can download anytime you need.
Is TSH a definitive test?
TSH is not a definite test. In a few cases, we require T3 and T4 values to diagnose thyroid gland function.
How to read the TSH Blood Test report?
|TSH||0.27 to 4.20 mlU/L|
|T3||80 to 200 ng/dL|
|T4||5.10 to 14.10 mlU/dL|
How much does the TSH test cost?
The cost of the Thyroid Test (T3 – T4 – TSH) in India varies from ₹ 199 to ₹ 400 in most cities of India.
Why To Book
- We, at MFine, treat your health as our top priority!
- With comprehensive lab tests and health packages, you can refer to the diagnostic tests through the MFine app and book an appointment for TSH blood test in Mumbai. You can also check online for the best diagnostic centre using the MFine app and consult with the best general physicians. A medical professional from Thyrocare, Healthians or Prima Diagnostics will visit your doorstep to take your blood sample. The test results will be shared with you online. You can consult with top doctors on MFine immediately for instant chat and video consultation.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does it measure?
What happens to your sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
- Higher than normal levels of TSH indicate hypothyroidism.
- Lower than normal levels of TSH indicate hyperthyroidism.
- Abnormal levels of TSH, T3 and T4 can also be because of thyroid cancer, goitre, Grave's disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Therefore, it's best to consult your doctor if there are any abnormalities in your test results.