Testosterone Test in Delhi
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Testosterone Test in Delhi?
What is testosterone test used for?
This test is used for understanding the reason and confirming through test of the following:
Slow development of the muscle mass, reduced growth and impaired functioning of male reproductive organs penis and testicles, increased hair fall, delayed body hair growth and deepening of voice, testicular swelling or mass/lump, enlarged breasts in males., low sex drive or libido, low sperm count or infertility issues.
Pigmentation and thickening of skin, early menopause, irregular or delaying menstruation, infertility, pregnancy complications and difficulty in getting pregnant or infertility issues, baldness, tumour in the ovary, development of masculinity features like increase facial hair growth, increased muscle mass, low hoarse voice and PCOS with acne, and obesity.
What is included in the testosterone test?
Serum/Total serum testosterone – measure the total amount testosterone present in the body. Most of the testosterone binds to either of these two proteins: albumin and sex hormone-binding globulin.
Dihydrotestosterone and the Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) test are some of the additional tests that are measured only when it is specified by the doctor. These tests are taken to confirm the reason for the abnormal levels and symptoms associated with testosterone.
Procedure for testosterone test
- A lab technician will come to your home to collect the blood sample when you book for a test through the MFine app.
- They will collect the sample at the time you schedule it for.
- The sample is then sent to our accredited labs of your choice (made during the booking) for further processing.
- Your result can be easily downloaded from the MFine app directly.
- Consult your doctor for interpreting and understanding the results.
- Take medications if needed.
How to prepare for a testosterone test?
The testosterone test is very simple and does not require much preparation.
Before the test:
- Inform the doctor about your health history and medicine you are taking (whether it is natural medicine, homeopathy, or allopathy medicines you are taking for any health condition like high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney disease, lung disease).
- Inform your doctor if you were under drug abuse, alcohol, smoking, or if you are undergoing treatment to get rid of the above or taking any anabolic steroids for weight training.
- Normally, the testosterone levels will be high in the early morning. So try to avoid the intake of alcohol, drugs and do not smoke before the test. Fasting is advised before the test.
During the test:
A blood sample will be taken from a vein in your arm during the test. A lab technician/ phlebotomist will directly come to your home to collect the blood sample. The entire procedure will take less than 5 minutes. The levels of the test may vary from time to time. If it is not within the acceptable limits, the test will be repeated to confirm.
Things to consider after testosterone test is complete
Reports will be uploaded on the MFine app once they are ready and based on the testosterone levels, your doctor on MFine may either suggest further evaluation and/or appropriate measures to correct the levels.
How much does a testosterone test cost?*
The test cost varies between Rs.150 and Rs. 3000
|City||Average cost of the test (Rs.)|
|Pune||150 – 2500|
|Pondicherry||250 – 700|
|Trivandrum||250 – 3800|
|Vellore||300 – 800|
|Kolkata||350 – 2500|
|Bangalore||300 – 3000|
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the testosterone test?
You can expect to get the results for the testosterone test within 48 hours after the sample is collected.
What do abnormal testosterone test results indicate?
The abnormal levels of the testosterone test indicate the levels are either higher or lower than the optimal test limit. People who use steroids (bodybuilders, athletes, and others who aim to increase their strength) will have high testosterone levels in the blood, irrespective of their gender.
The increased testosterone levels will result in the following disease/health condition.
- Hypertension (also called high blood pressure)
- Dermatitis and skin infections
- Liver disease
- Polycythemia (High RBC count in blood)
- Infertility in both men and women
- According to some researchers, the higher the testosterone level, the more likely men are to participate in risk-taking behaviour (sexual, injury risk, and even criminal activity).
The high testosterone levels lead to infrequent problems and are rare in young and old people who are not receiving any other steroid treatments or testosterone.
Low testosterone levels can be associated with damage to testicles by accident, removal of testicles in patients with testicular cancer, chemotherapy or radiation, pituitary gland disease leading to deficiency and is usually seen in obese/overweight people, aging, metabolic syndrome, people on certain antidepressants and narcotic pain medications or HIV/AIDS.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is testosterone a definitive test?
No. The testosterone test cannot be considered a definitive test and will need further additional supportive investigation to aid in the diagnosis of underlying cause.
How to read the testosterone test report?
The test will tell you whether you have normal, high, or low testosterone. A normal testosterone level will depend on your gender, time of the day the test was taken, age. Various levels of the test according to age and gender are provided here.
|Below normal||Normal||Above normal|
|Age (19-49) – men||<248 (ng/dL)||249 – 836 (ng/dL)||>837 (ng/dL)|
|Age 50 and older – men||<192 (ng/dL)||193 – 740 (ng/dL)||>741 (ng/dL)|
|Age (19-49) – women||<7 (ng/dL)||8 – 48 (ng/dL)||>49 (ng/dL)|
|Age 50 and older – women||< 1(ng/dL)||2 – 41 (ng/dL)||>42 (ng/dL)|
If your levels are higher or lower than the normal levels, the test will be repeated to confirm the results.
Why to book a testosterone test?
A timely medical checkup helps ensure that your health is on track and detect any early signs of medical conditions that may be life-threatening in the long run. Early detection with a comprehensive body exam improves your chances of successful treatment and cure. It also aids in the reduction of future medical bills.
- To detect the changes in male hormone levels in both males and females.
- To diagnose erectile dysfunction, PCOS, delayed or early puberty, testicular tumors, hirsutism, etc.
- To detect the cause of masculine physical features in females.
- To detect the cause of ambiguous genitalia in newborns and infants (genitals don’t appear to be clear, either male or female).
Test testosterone at home – how does it work?
The testosterone test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The blood sample will be collected using a sterile needle and cotton with ethanol or a bandage is placed over the skin.
Are there any risks involved with testosterone tests?
There is no risk involved in testing for testosterone. The procedure is safe and non-invasive.
What can affect the results for testosterone tests?
There are several things that can affect your testosterone blood test results, including your health, age, and what’s happening with your body. Certain medications including antifungals and anabolic steroids or hormone therapy can influence testosterone levels.
You will need to discuss the results with your doctor and get suggestions on certain food, beverages, and medications you need to avoid.
Why Book the Testosterone Test?
- Testosterone is a sex hormone largely produced by men and is responsible for the growth of body hair, voice sharpening, and muscular endurance. Both men and women generate this hormone till old age after attaining puberty. This hormone improves one's physical aesthetics and gives great health benefits.
- However, an Imbalance in levels of this hormone can lead to several infections. One is recommended to appear for testosterone more often at fixed intervals to track the testosterone and maintain its levels. If you're suffering from any symptoms that indicate imbalanced testosterone levels, you can easily book an instant Testosterone test in Delhi.
For further assistance
Book Testosterone Test Near Me in Delhi | MFine
Book Testosterone Test Near Me in Delhi | MFine
What does the Testosterone Test Measure?
- The testosterone analysis is performed to determine testosterone levels in the body. Testosterone is a sex hormone produced by both men and women that promotes sexual activity.
- A blood sample will be collected during the test to determine the levels of testosterone in your blood. If the readings are outside of the usual range, your healthcare adviser will recommend a treatment plan to help you reverse the disease and enhance your quality of life. You can book a Testosterone test in Delhi at your desired time window from the comfort of your home. Book now!
What preparation is needed for the Testosterone Test?
- The testosterone test is a straightforward technique that does not require further preparation. You can wear a half-sleeved shirt to make the sample collection easier. However, you should sit comfortably and take deep breaths while giving samples to make the process more convenient.
- You should make the Doctor aware of your alcohol drinking habits, smoking habits, or drug & steroid abuse if you do. Try to avoid all these activities before the test, as they can impact the test results. Apart from it, the Doctor may suggest you fast before the test.
- You should look over your previous reports and levels to see how your prescriptions have affected your health. Keep your doctor or technician up to date on your current medical condition to minimise any side effects. There is no need for any other special preparations. You can book an instant testosterone test on MFine now.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
- When Testosterone levels are aberrant, they might be higher or lower than usual. The majority of people who utilise steroids have high testosterone levels. Infertility, fury, skin infections, hypertension, liver infections, dermatitis, polycythemia, and other diseases can all be caused by elevated testosterone levels.
- Testosterone levels also fall below the normal range. It generally occurs in unhealthy people, aged people, or people with several diseases. However, It can be due to testicle excision in testicular cancer, testicle injuries due to an accident, chemotherapy, pituitary gland disease, or radiation diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Delhi?
Yes, you can easily avail of sample collection for various tests at home. MFine makes it easier since, within a single click, you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be available online for download within the mentioned time period.
What is the cost of the testosterone test in Delhi?
The cost of tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. Different cities have varied prices for similar tests. The charges for this test in Delhi generally range from Rs. 150/- to Rs. 3000/-.
I stay in Prayagraj. Can I book a testosterone test for my mother staying in Delhi?
Yes, you can easily book a Testosterone test for your relatives and parents or other members living in distant places through MFine.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a testosterone test sample?
You can quickly reschedule the appointment for a Testosterone test via MFine. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a testosterone test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is a testosterone test recommended?
If you’re experiencing symptoms like diminished testicle size, erection problems, or muscle mass loss, a doctor may recommend a testosterone test. Abnormal testosterone levels in the blood impact the general quality of life.
Is a prescription required to book a testosterone test?
No, generally, it is not required to take a prescription from a doctor to book a Testosterone test. However, we still recommend consulting a doctor to analyse the condition and proceed with the test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our Doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the testosterone test definitive?
Testosterone isn’t a conclusive test, and additional testing is suggested to determine the underlying cause.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the testosterone test?
The Doctor might prescribe other tests such as Total testosterone and Total testosterone and the Testosterone test for detailed examination.
What diseases can be detected through the testosterone test?
Usual illness conditions develop from elevated testosterone levels, leading to Infertility in males and women, hypertension, rage, dermatitis, skin infections, liver infections, and polycythemia.
When levels of testosterone fall below the normal range, it may indicate testicle removal in people with testicular cancer, testicle damage due to an accident, chemotherapy, pituitary gland disease, or radiation disease.
How can I download my testosterone test report?
Follow these steps –
- Login to MFine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the testosterone test in Delhi?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Testosterone test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.