Book HLA-B27 Test in Delhi
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book HLA B27 in Delhi?
What is the HLA B27 test used for?
The test is used for patients who are suffering from autoimmune diseases. Your doctor may order you to undergo this test if he anticipates that you have ankylosing spondylitis or arthritis, which indicates you have the disorder of HLA B27. With the help of this test, the healthcare provider determines if the protein is present on the surface of white blood cells, which helps identify the body’s cells against the foreign substance. Once the cause of your problem is known, the doctor will be able to plan out treatment to relieve your symptoms.
What is included in the HLA B27 Test?
The HLA B27 test is a fairly simple and widely used technique for the diagnosis of autoimmune disorders. When you use the MFine app to schedule your tests, a lab professional will visit your home. Using the Mfine app to schedule a HLA B27 test saves the time and trouble of going to a medical lab and waiting for the process to begin. You can set a time for our lab technician to visit your home and collect the sample within your busy schedule. Everything about the HLA B27 test is covered, from collecting the sample to delivering the results.
Procedure for HLA B27 test
The HLA B27 test is conducted in a way similar to any other blood test. It does not require any additional preparation before the testing.
- A trained technician will draw a small amount of blood by inserting the needle into the vein.
- The collected blood sample will be transferred to a small vial or test tube. The sample will then be sent to a lab for further processing.
- While inserting a needle into the vein, slight pain may be experienced in the arm. However, the pain will reduce immediately. Some individuals may also experience redness and swelling at the needle insertion site.
- The procedure usually lasts for about 5-10 minutes.
Any drugs taken should always be disclosed during the consultation with the physician. In addition, if there is an additional necessity, the doctor will advise you beforehand.
How to prepare for HLA B27?
Since this is a blood test, no specific preparations are required. Based on the symptoms and health condition your treating doctor will advise this test. Once the results are ready, the doctor then plans the treatment after considering the test results. You would be required to follow through with the doctor’s guidelines when he asks you about your medical history and the medications you have been taking.
Things to consider after the HLA B27 test is complete
The following things need to be considered once the HLA B27 test is complete:
- Wear a bandage or apply pressure on the injection site with cotton for a specified period (unless you experience skin irritation at the puncture site).
- Avoid any strenuous activities and exercises that may cause bleeding.
- If you feel stiffness or bruising at the puncture site, dab an ice pack wrapped in a towel on your arm.
If you experience any worrisome symptoms, call and consult the doctor or contact the support team.
What types of infection can the HLA B27 test detect?
The HLA-B27 test is used to help confirm or establish a suspected diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis (AS), juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA), reactive arthritis, or anterior uveitis. In the vast majority of instances, the reason is unknown. However, in certain cases of reactive arthritis, there is a link between the development of the disease and prior infection with a microorganism such as Campylobacter, Chlamydia, Salmonella, and Yersinia. Similarities between the HLA-B27 antigen and antigens present on the surface of bacteria are said to cause the immune system to fight both the germ and the person’s own tissues, resulting in the autoimmune condition after the infection has resolved.
How much does the HLA B27 test cost?
HLA B27test is a potent test to figure out the proteins present on the surface of white blood cells. This helps the doctor understand the patient’s immune system so that he can devise a treatment plan that is suitable for him. The HLA B27 costs around 1000 to 1500 rupees, depending on the clinic.
Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results?
You can expect to get the results within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in some instances, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal HLA B27 test results indicate?
This is a blood test done to see the protein present on the surface of the white blood cells. This protein is mandatory as it helps the body understand the difference between one’s own cell as well as the foreign substances. When the body is unable to determine this difference it so happens that it attacks its own cells, leading to autoimmune disorders like arthritis and spondylitis.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is the HLA B27 test a definite test?
The test is effective in determining the presence of protein on the surface of the white blood cells. The doctor will be able to understand if the patient is undergoing any autoimmune disorders leading to his present problems. Following the guidelines of the doctor will further help in treating you.
How to read the HLA B27 test report?
The findings of the test may differ based on your age, biological sex, medical history, the method utilised for testing, and other factors. Your test results might not indicate that you have a problem. Inquire with your doctor about what your test findings signify for you.
A negative test result indicates that you do not have Hla- B 27 in your blood. A positive result indicates that HLA B27 was detected in your blood. Certain autoimmune disorders, such as ankylosing spondylitis and reactive arthritis, may be more common in you. If you require a tissue or organ transplant and the HLA antigens don’t match those of the donor, your body may reject the graft.
Why book the HLA B27 test?
Your doctor may recommend this test to further identify the cause of joint pain, stiffness, or swelling. If your doctor suspects you have ankylosing spondylitis or another autoimmune disease, he may ask you to take his test. Ankylosing spondylitis can cause back, neck, and chest discomfort and stiffness. This category of arthritis includes the following conditions:
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Arthritis related to Crohn disease or ulcerative colitis
- Psoriatic arthritis (arthritis associated with psoriasis)
- Reactive arthritis
- Sacroiliitis (inflammation of the sacroiliac joint)
A HLA antigen test might also be needed if you are having an organ or tissue transplant. This might be a kidney transplant or bone marrow transplant. The donor’s HLA antigens must match yours for the transplant to be successful.
HLA B27 test at home – how does it work?
The HLA B27 test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with the HLA B27 test?
When blood is extracted, some people may feel uncomfortable. During the test, you may experience pain at the puncture site, as well as slight soreness or throbbing later. The HLA-B27 test has very little side effects. The following are the risks associated with all blood tests:
- Collecting a sample is challenging, resulting in many needle prick
- there may be some blood at the puncture location
- In rare cases, a hematoma or an infection at the site of the puncture
However such complications are relatively rare. Most of the symptoms may pass after a few minutes of sitting. It may also be beneficial to eat a snack. Using an alcohol swab before the test prevents any chance of any infection at the site later. If you have a bruise, apply a cold compress to the area.
What can affect the results for HLA B27?
The findings of the HLA B27 test can be influenced by a variety of factors. These can result in either falsely negative or falsely positive results. The following are some of the major elements that might affect the testing results:
- Any contamination to the collected blood sample might alter the test result.
- Cross-reactivity of HLA B27 monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) with some other type of HLA-B antigens may also result in faulty test results.
- Taking certain medications – Make sure your doctor is aware of all the medications you’re taking.
- Radiation and chemotherapy.
- A recent history of blood transfusion in the last 6 months.
Why book the HLA B27 test?
- The specialist recommends booking this test to diagnose the reason for severe sudden joint pains and simultaneous swelling. The test may diagnose the presence of various autoimmune diseases.
- Many patients may have reactive arthritis and spondylitis, which this test detects. Many immune-mediated diseases can also occur by the HLA B27 test. Inflammation and irritation in the eyes, juvenile arthritis is another disease the specialist examines by this test.
- Many other diseases can occur through this test which provides the symptoms of joint pains, swelling, and inflammation.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the HLA B27 test measure?
- The HLA B27 mentions the presence of the human leukocyte antigen in the body. These antigens are generally found on the surface level of white blood cells in the human body.
- The HLA B27 is a protein content whose gene source is also detectable by the HLA B27 test. This protein empowers the body's immunity system to recognize foreign and gene cells.
- The body in which the HLA B27 is present is highly sensitive to many autoimmune diseases like spondylitis, anterior uveitis, and reactive arthritis.
- The HLA B27 test measures the gene codes that deliver the body's protein content. It defines the body's HLA combinations, which are unique for each body.
What Preparation is needed for HLA B27?
- It is a simple blood test, so no special preparation is required for the HLA B27 test. However, the specialist must know the patient's medical history and routine medication cycle.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail myself of an at-home sample collection in Delhi?
Yes, on the MFine app, it’s an easy process to book the at-home sample collection in Delhi. On the booking page of the portal, you have to provide the necessary details including the location, date, and timings of the sample collection.
What is the cost of HLA B27 in Delhi?
The cost of HLA B27 in Delhi ranges from Rs. 1500 to Rs. 3000. This range might vary according to the machinery and facilities at the testing centre. The test charges will be higher in case of any emergency and severity in the patient’s condition.
I am staying in Bangalore. Can I book the HLA B27 test for my grandfather staying in Delhi?
MFine provides you with the easy process to book the HLA B27 test for distant locations. You can complete the booking by visiting the website portal and providing the details about timing, date, and preferable location for the test.
How can I reschedule my appointment for HLA B27?
The rescheduling of the HLA B test and sample collection slot is a simple process on the MFine app. On the booking page of MFine, enter the updated details such as the timings and location for the test to confirm the booking and sample collection.
Is the lab technician coming for the HLA B27 test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the HLA B27 test recommended?
The HLA B27 test is recommended when the patient feels severe pain in the body’s joints. The patient also experiences swelling and stiffness in the joints and body tissues in many cases. The specialist recommends this test to examine the causes of acute inflammation in the eyes and joints. In addition, some patients denote the feeling of irritation in the eyes.
Is a prescription required to book an HLA B27?
The HLA B27 test does not need any prescription or documents for booking.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the HLA B27 a definitive test?
No, the HLA B27 is not a definitive test.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the HLA B27 test?
The other test that the specialist recommends with HLA B27 test is ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) test, X-Rays, and C- reactive protein test. These tests also indicate any abnormality for the joint stiffness and pain.
What diseases can be detected through the HLA B27?
The HLA B27 test indicates several autoimmune and immune-mediated diseases. Uveitis, ankylosing arthritis, and acute spondylitis are some of the diseases. In addition, some chronic bowel diseases and eye and joint inflammation are also detectable through this test.
How can I download my HLA B27 report?
- Log in to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers on HLA B27 in Delhi?
Usually, you can avail yourself up to a 50% discount on HLA B27 through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.