CA 19-9 Blood Test in Chennai
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book a CA 19-9 Blood Test in Chennai?
Why book the CA 19-9 Blood Test?
- CA 19-9 Blood Test is recommended in case a person is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer or any other classifications of cancer.
- The type of cancer depends on the level of CA 19-9 in the blood. The different types of cancer include bile duct cancer, colon cancer, and stomach cancer.
- The test is also useful for patients undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer.
For further assistance
Book CA 19-9 Blood Test Near Me in Chennai | MFine
Book CA 19-9 Blood Test Near Me in Chennai | MFine
What does the CA 19-9 test measure?
- The test measures the amount of protein called CA 19-9 or cancer antigen 19-9 in the blood.
- It is regarded as a tumour marker that constitutes cancer cells or normal cells that respond to any specific cancer in the body.
- A high CA 19-9 content in the blood is related to pancreatic cancer. However, it may also cause colorectal, lung, and gallbladder cancers due to elevated levels.
- Healthy people may contain a minimal amount of CA 19-9 in their blood.
What Preparation is needed for CA 19-9 Test?
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
- CA 19-9 measures a definite protein (i.e., cancer antigen 19-9) that acts as a tumour marker in the blood. It indicates predominantly the presence of pancreatic cancer or any other type of cancer. However, the CA 19-9 test is always not definite, therefore, the interpretation of accurate results is often challenging. The normal range of CA 19-9 is defined to be 0-37 U/ml.
- High levels of CA 19-9 are indicative of pancreatic cancer. However, higher levels may also be a sign of cirrhosis or gallstone cancer.
- After the diagnosis and ongoing treatment for pancreatic cancer, a patient may be required to repeat the test several times during action. After repetitive tests, the results indicate:
- In Incase CA 19-9 is increasing: This indicates the tumour is growing or the current treatment therapy is not working.
- CA 19-9 is decreasing: This indicates that the tumour is decreasing and the therapeutic regimen is working accurately.
- In Incase CA 19-9 level has not increased or decreased: This indicates that the disease is stable.
- In Incase CA 19-9 levels have decreased and later increased: This indicates that cancer may have relapsed after treatment.
- In case there are no symptoms of cancer, yet the levels of CA 19-9 level are consistently high; this may indicate the prevalence of non-cancerous disorders. These include Pancreatitis, Gallstones, Liver disease or Cystic fibrosis, etc.
- Disclaimer: It has been advised to always consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Book CA 19-9 Blood Test Near Me in Bangalore | MFine
Can I avail myself at-home sample collection in Chennai?
Yes, the sample collection for various tests can be done at home. MFine makes it easier with a single click, where you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be delivered to your doorstep.
What is the cost of the CA 19-9 test in Chennai?
The cost of pathological tests depends upon different laboratory infrastructures prevailing in the city. It is also dependent on the city and the laboratory facilities available in the laboratories. The approximate cost of the CA 19-9 test in Chennai is reportedly to begin from 1200 INR per person.
I stay in Delhi. Can I book CA 19-9 test for my mother staying in Chennai?
Yes, you can easily book a CA 19-9 test for your relatives and old family members living in distant places with the help of the MFine app.
How can I reschedule my appointment for CA 19-9 test sample?
Rescheduling of appointments is easily possible through the MFine application. The application has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for CA 19-9 sample collection vaccinated?
Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using a sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the CA 19-9 test recommended?
CA 19-9 test is recommended in case of the following scenario:
- The test is used to detect the severity, in case a person has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer or any other cancers.
- The elevated level of CA 19-9 in the blood also indicates the accuracy of the cancer therapy that is being implemented on the patient.
- The increased level also helps to analyze the presence of any non-cancerous disease in the body, i.e., colon cancer, liver disorders, cirrhosis, etc.
- Hence, the test provides information regarding the pathogenesis of the disease and also predicts its associated risk factors respectively.
Is a prescription required to book CA 19-9 test?
A prescription may be necessary before conducting the CA 19-9 test. The doctor must mention the reason for conducting the test and the suspected underlying disease condition of the patient. This would enable the professional to conduct the test and attempt to provide results that are necessary for the accurate diagnosis of the disease. It also helps the doctors to predict the effectiveness of the ongoing treatment regimen.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is CA 19-9 test definitive?
The CA 19-9 test is neither a definitive test nor it is used as a reliable methodology for screening specific cancer. Elevated levels of CA 19-9 may indicate several outcomes, i.e., the prevalence of cancer or any other non-cancerous manifestations in the body. The test is, therefore, used to monitor the progress of the cancerous disorder and also predict the effectiveness of the cancer treatment.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the CA 19-9 test?
The overall sensitivity and specificity of CA 19-9 for detecting pancreatic cancer in symptomatic patients are regarded to be 82-90% in symptomatic patients. Apart from the respective test, the CA-125 test is regarded as a biomarker for the diagnosis of other forms of cancers, especially ovarian cancer. It is observed that abdominal computed tomography (CT) scan is also reliable to detect the prevalence of other malignant diseases in the body. In case of malignancy is absent, it is advisable to conduct short-term follow-up within a specified tenure.
What diseases can be detected through the CA 19-9 test?
CA 19-9 test is used to diagnose pancreatic cancer and optimize cancer treatment for the patients. It helps to analyze cancer spread, distribution and assess the severity of malignancy.
How can I download my CA 19-9 test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the CA 19-9 test in Chennai?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on CA 19-9 through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.