CA 125 Test in Gurgaon
Request a Call Back
How to Book A CA 125 Test in Gurgaon?
What is the CA 125 test used for?
A CA 125 test may be recommended by a doctor for a variety of reasons, including:
- To keep track of cancer treatment: If one has ovarian, endometrial, peritoneal, or fallopian tube cancer, doctors may advise to get a CA 125 test done on a regular basis to evaluate progress and response to treatment.
However, such surveillance has not been proved to improve the fate of ovarian cancer patients and may result in additional and unneeded rounds of chemotherapy or other treatments.
- If one is at high risk for ovarian cancer: If one has a significant family history of ovarian cancer or the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mutation, doctors may advise a CA 125 test as a method of screening for ovarian cancer.
For patients at very high risk, some clinicians may prescribe CA 125 testing in conjunction with transvaginal ultrasound every six months.
Some patients with ovarian cancer, however, may not have an elevated CA 125 level. Furthermore, there is no evidence that CA 125 screening reduces the risk of dying from ovarian cancer. An increased CA 125 level may encourage the doctor to subject the patient to needless and even hazardous tests.
To screen for a recurrence of cancer: Rising CA 125 levels may suggest that ovarian cancer has returned following the treatment. Regular CA 125 monitoring has not been proved to enhance outcomes in ovarian cancer patients but they may help in monitoring the prognosis.
What is included in the CA 125 test?
This test is used to detect the presence of a protein known as CA-125 (cancer antigen 125) in the blood. CA 125 is an antigenic tumour marker that is often expressed by ovarian epithelial neoplasms as well as other tissues such as endometrial, fallopian tube, pleura, peritoneum, and pericardium cells.
CA 125 is a tumour marker that is a critical component in the preoperative evaluation of patients with an adnexal mass suspected of being ovarian cancer. Eighty percent of patients with ovarian epithelial carcinoma have an increased CA 125 level and the levels are maintained post-treatment to detect disease prognosis. The use of CA 125 for preoperative assessment is more helpful in postmenopausal women than in premenopausal women.
Procedure for CA 125 test
A CA-125 blood test involves drawing a tiny amount of blood from a vein in the arm following these steps:
- First, a healthcare worker will use an antiseptic to clean and disinfect the area.
- They’ll then place an elastic band over your upper arm, causing your veins to expand with blood.
- Once they’ve located a vein, they’ll carefully insert the needle into it. The blood will be collected in a tiny tube linked to the needle.
- After drawing enough blood, they will withdraw the needle and cover the puncture site to stop any excess bleeding.
- After that, the blood sample will be sent to a laboratory for analysis.
- Once the laboratory has received your results, your doctor will schedule a consultation with you to go over them.
How to prepare for the CA 125 test?
A CA-125 blood test requires no specific preparation.
Things to consider after the CA 125 test is complete
Consult your doctor once the test results are available and he or she will recommend treatment based on the results. Please do not attempt to self-diagnose.
How much does the CA 125 test cost?*
Depending on your preferred area of testing, the CA 125 test may cost anywhere between Rs.199/- to Rs.1200/-
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the CA 125 test?
You can expect to get the results for the CA 125 test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal CA 125 test results indicate?
If you are not being treated for ovarian cancer and your CA-125 levels are high (above 35 units per milliliter), this could be a symptom of cancer. However, it could also be a symptom for a noncancerous disorder, such as:
- Endometriosis – a condition in which tissue that grows properly inside the uterus starts growing outside the uterus. It can be excruciatingly uncomfortable. It may also make it more difficult to conceive.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) – an infection of the reproductive organs in women. It’s typically caused by a sexually transmitted disease like gonorrhea or chlamydia.
- Uterine fibroid – noncancerous uterine growths.
- Illness of the liver
If you are not being treated for ovarian cancer and your CA-125 levels are high, you should consult your doctor for an explanation of any aberrant results.
Disclaimer: Please consult your doctor to interpret the test reports.
Is CA 125 a definitive test?
CA 125 is not a definitive test.
CA-125 is an ovarian cancer biomarker that frequently increases in the blood of people who may have the condition. It is critical to realize that, while the CA-125 blood test is beneficial for detecting and monitoring women with ovarian cancer, it is not an accurate diagnostic tool on its own. Unfortunately, there is no single, accurate diagnostic blood test for detecting and diagnosing ovarian cancer.
CA-125 is not used to diagnose cancer because it misses half of the early malignancies and can be increased by benign illnesses such as diverticulitis, endometriosis, liver cirrhosis, pregnancy, and uterine fibroid.
How to read the CA 125 report?
CA 125 has a typical range of 0 to 35 units/ml. A CA 125 level of 35 or higher may signal cancer, but it does not always mean the person has cancer. A CA 125 level greater than 35 is simply a possible signal.
- If a woman has not previously been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, high levels indicate that additional testing is required to make a diagnosis.
- If a woman has previously been treated for ovarian cancer and her CA 125 levels are high, it may indicate that cancer has returned. To diagnose recurrence of ovarian cancer, additional testing would be required.
|CA 125 Level (units/ml)||Potential Inference|
|0-35 (normal)||It’s unlikely that you have cancer. It indicates no cancer 99 percent of the time.|
|>35 (high)||Cancer is a possibility. More testing will be required for a proper diagnosis.|
Why book CA 125 test?
If you are going to begin ovarian cancer therapy, your doctor may perform a CA-125 test. The test will assist them in determining how aggressive your tumor is today and after treatment. This will provide an excellent indication of how well your treatment is working. This test may be repeated multiple times during your ovarian cancer treatment.
If you are at high risk of developing ovarian cancer, your doctor may advise you to get the CA-125 blood test done as well as a transvaginal ultrasound frequently. CA-125 values are elevated in 80 percent or more of ovarian cancer patients.
CA 125 test at home – how does it work?
The CA 125 test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with CA 125?
A CA-125 blood test is a relatively safe technique. The dangers of the test are the same as those of any blood tests like bruising on the needle prick area, infection (not common) and fainting as a result of blood loss (not common).
What can affect the results for CA 125?
CA-125 readings above a certain threshold may not always indicate the existence of ovarian cancer or any other type of disease. CA-125 levels may be increased as a result of other medical problems, such as
- Fibroid in the uterus
- Endometriosis-Related Pelvic Inflammatory Illness
- Liver Disease
- Ruptured Ovarian Cyst
- Effect of some cancer medicines and surgeries.
You should talk to your doctor about your individual results to see if additional testing is necessary.
Why book an CA 125 Test?
- CA 125 test is the most significant test that professionals recommend to screen the condition of ovarian cancers. The test examines if the cancer patients have a prevalence of CA-125 (cancer antigen 125) in their blood. Cancer antigen 125 are protein cells present in the blood of cancer patients. Ovarian cancers occur in the ovaries, a pair of female reproductive glands. They play a significant role in the reproduction process as female hormones are produced, resulting in the release of eggs or ova.
- When an individual approaches the professionals for ovarian cancer therapy, the healthcare professional can recommend this test. The overall treatment progress can be examined with this test. When individuals are suspected with apparent symptoms of developing ovarian cancer, the CA 125 test is ordered. Taking the CA 125 test at several intervals is necessary for patients. Book an instant CA 125 test in Gurgaon now!
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the CA 125 Test measure?
- The CA 125 test is similar to other blood tests and primarily determines cancer and several dysfunctions. The test detects the presence of a protein that is present in the blood of cancer patients. This protein is called as known as CA-125 (cancer antigen 125). When the patient is suffering from ovarian cancer, the CA 125 test is recommended frequently to monitor the progress report. This cancer in women occurs due to high cell proliferation. CA 125 test's measures are presented as common cancer antigens units per millilitre of blood.
What Preparation is Needed for the CA 125 Test?
- CA 125 is an advanced test, but it is said that no special precautions or preparations are required to be undergone before this test. However, while going through the sampling process, you may feel irritability during the collection of a blood sample. It is advised to keep your doctor updated about any primary problems and your family's medical history. If you have any allergies to any drugs or related symptoms, do not forget to mention those to the medical professionals. If the family history has records of ovarian cancer or the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mutation, inform medical professionals.
- Once all this information is conveyed to your doctor, it will be easier for them to analyze your result and diagnose any possible concerns.
- Disclaimer: You can contact your doctor before the test for any specific preparations and practices for processing conveniently.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
- High CA-125 levels in your blood indicate that you should start being treated for ovarian cancer. This means you have developed cancer. If the levels of CA protein are below 35units/ml, the test results are said to be average. However, if the levels of CA proteins are higher, it indicates the presence of cancer in the body. Other health disorders can also be reasons for abnormal results, including Uterine fibroid, Pregnancy, an infection caused in women's reproductive organs, sexually transmitted diseases, etc.
- Disclaimer: It has been advised to always consult with your doctor to interpret the test reports.
Frequently Asked Questions | FAQs
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Gurgaon?
Yes, you can easily avail of sample collection for various tests at home through MFine. You can book a slot for a test within a single click without going anywhere. Your test results will be available for download within 48 hours.
What is the cost of the CA 125 Test in Gurgaon?
In Delhi, there are numerous advanced laboratories; each has unique testing methods and facilities, bringing variation in prices. The charges for the Gurgaon test generally range from Rs.199 to Rs.1200. You can effortlessly book the CA 125 test in Delhi at your fingertips with MFine.
I am staying in Delhi. Can I book a CA 125 test for my grandfather staying in Gurgaon?
Yes, you can easily book a CA 125 test for your relatives and old family members living in distant places with the help of MFine.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a CA 125 test sample?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a CA 125 test through the MFine app or web service. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a CA 125 test sample collection vaccinated?
When is a CA 125 test recommended?
One of the major reasons why the CA 125 test is recommended is to measure the CA-125 levels in the blood. In case your body shows related symptoms, or you have a family history of ovarian cancer or the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mutation, there is a higher chance that your healthcare advisor will order the same test.
Is a prescription required to book a CA 125 test?
No, generally, it is not required to take a prescription from a doctor to book a CA 125 test. Still, it is recommended to consult a doctor before you book a test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the CA 125 test definitive?
No, the CA 125 test is not definitive. There is no single, accurate diagnostic blood test for diagnosing ovarian cancer.
What diseases can be detected through the CA 125 Test?
The CA 125 test is primarily conducted to determine the cancer antigen 125 levels in the blood. In case they are higher, it directly points towards ovarian cancer. Apart from this, other diseases that the CA 125 test detects are Endometriosis, Pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine fibroid, and liver illness. The high levels also indicate Pregnancy.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the CA 125 test?
Another test usually recommended along with the CA 125 test to confirm ovarian cancer is transvaginal ultrasound (TVUS).
How can I download my CA 125 test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the CA 125 test in Gurgaon?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the CA 125 test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.