Book C Peptide Test in Chennai
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book a C Peptide test in Chennai?
Lab Infrastructure in Chennai
Chennai is currently known as the medical hub of India. Numerous medical industry leaders with global experience have made Chennai their home for business expansion, and today there are many premier medical centers in this city. Laboratories are conducting tests with high-tech machines that offer more efficient service to patients.
Why book C Peptide Test?
- The C Peptide test is done to rule out how well your body produces insulin, the blood sugar-lowering agent inside your body. Insulin is produced along with C peptides, and they are typically produced simultaneously and in the same amount. Therefore, insulin levels can be determined by calculating the C peptide levels. Instead of C Peptide, Insulin is not calculated, as insulin metabolises easily and may fluctuate. C Peptides last much longer and can give a more accurate diagnosis.
- Your doctor may advise this test under the following conditions:-
- To determine the levels of blood sugar-lowering agent formed by your body, which is insulin
- To differentiate among type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- To monitor treatment related to diabetes
- To diagnose the presence of Insulinoma tumour and monitor its treatment regimen
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the C Peptide test measure?
- The C Peptide test differentially measures and classifies insulin production in type-1 and type-2 diabetes. An accurate serum sample must measure and showcase the following parameters such as:
- Determine sugar content in the blood, i.e., to determine the reason for hypoglycemia.
- To analyze the accurate modality of the treatment regimen for diabetes.
- The test measures insulin production in type-1 and type-2 diabetes.
- The C Peptide test also observes the status of pancreatic tumours that may influence insulin production.
What Preparation is needed for C Peptide Test?
- Like other blood sugar tests, the C Peptide test may require you to fast for at least 8-10 hours before giving the sample. This is required to obtain more accurate results. To avoid any inconvenience due to this fasting, you can opt for an early morning slot before consuming breakfast. Our lab technician will arrive during your scheduled slot to collect the sample. Other than that, no special preparation is required. However, inform your healthcare provider about any current medicine regimens you are on.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
C Peptide test results are measured in nanograms/millilitres (ng/mL) or nanomoles/millimetres (nmol/mL). The normal range for a C Peptide test is between 0.51 to 2.72 ng/mL or 0.17 to 0.9 nmol/mL.
Abnormal C Peptide test results indicate the presence of a disorder with insulin levels.
If your C Peptide level is higher than normal, it can mean that your body produces too much insulin, indicating a metabolic disorder with insulin.
However, some other causes of a high C Peptide level include:
- Tumours, known as insulinomas
- Insulin resistance
- Renal diseases
- Cushing syndrome, an endocrine disorder
Low C peptides are usually indicative of the hampered production of insulin. This may be due to:
- Type 1 diabetes (people with type 1 diabetes have lower C peptide levels than people with type 2 diabetes)
- LADA, latent autoimmune diabetes in adults
- Impaired functioning of the pancreas
- Prolonged fasting
A class of diabetes drugs, known as sulfonylureas, can also raise your C Peptide levels. Therefore, always inform your healthcare provider about any current drug regimens to ensure they come to accurate conclusions.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Chennai?
Yes, you can avail at-home sample collection service at Chennai. You have to visit the MFine app and book the test with all the required details like location, time, and date for the sample collection.
What is the cost of the C Peptide test in Chennai?
The cost of pathological tests depends upon different laboratory infrastructures prevailing in the city. It is also dependent on the city and the laboratory facilities available in the laboratories. The approximate cost of the C Peptide test in Chennai is INR 600.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the C Peptide test sample?
With the help of the MFine application, you can easily prepone or postpone your appointment. In addition, the user-friendly application gives you an intuitive experience in managing all your bookings and storing the reports at your convenience. For immediate assistance, MFine customer care executives are readily available to answer your queries.
Is the lab technician coming for sample collection vaccinated?
Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the C Peptide test recommended?
A C Peptide test is recommended for the diagnosis of diabetes. The test measures and differentiates whether it is type 1 or type 2 diabetes. The test is also required in case of symptoms related to low sugar or hypoglycemia. The prominent symptoms include sweating, extreme hunger, confusion, blurred vision, etc.
Is a prescription required to book a C Peptide test?
A prescription is required from the respective professionals before conducting the test. It is important to elucidate the ongoing medications and the relevant symptoms that are observed, leading to the recommendation of the test. The co-morbidity details and the current treatment regimen must be elaborated for procuring accurate results.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is C Peptide testing a definitive test?
The C Peptide test differentiates type-1 and type-2 diabetes and provides information regarding insulin regulation. However, it is not an accurate or definitive test for disease diagnosis. Providing additional information like endocrine disorders or renal diseases may substantiate a reliable diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
What other tests are usually recommended along with C Peptide tests?
A C Peptide test identifies the type of diabetes and ascertains the treatment accuracy of diseases. However, it cannot accurately diagnose diabetes. Other tests like blood glucose or urine glucose may provide additional information about the manifestation and act as suitable screening tests for the diagnosis of diabetes.
What diseases can be detected through the C Peptide test?
The investigation helps to identify the following conditions:
- It acts as a screening test for assessing the optimal functioning of the pancreas.
- It aids in the diagnosis of tumors, i.e., insulinoma
- The test analyses the optimum insulin production in the body and monitors the presence of renal failure.
- The test also detects conditions like Metabolic Syndrome, Cushing’s syndrome, Insulin resistance, etc.
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Usually, you can avail yourself up to a 50% discount on C Peptide tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.