Last modified on July 2021
With inputs from Dr.Sreelekha Daruvuri, General Physician
– Scabies in baby is a highly contagious skin infestation that is caused by a burrowing mite known as Sarcoptes Scabiei.
– The main cause of scabies in children and scabies in adults is sharing items with other people who might be infected.
– Major symptoms of scabies in children include itchiness, rashes, and sores.
– Treatment of scabies in infants includes natural treatments (such as oils and soaps) and medicated treatment (prescribed by a scabies doctor nearby or a dermatologist at MFine).
– Scabies in infants, children, and adults can be prevented by keeping a safe distance between yourself and the infected person. Also, avoid sharing personal items such as toothbrushes and towels with others.