Perianal hematoma treatment options in India depend on the severity of the lump next to anus. In less severe cases, self-care and over-the-counter medications can help in the healing process. However, in more severe anal lumps, an incision and evacuation procedure may need to be done. A perianal hematoma lump can heal on its own over a couple of weeks, if left alone.
Here are the different methods to treat a perianal hematoma.
Early treatment of perianal hematoma can help mitigate the pain that may develop over time. Here are a few anus pain home remedies that can help relieve anal discomfort:
- Cold compresses: A cold compress is an ice pack or wet washcloth that can help reduce swelling and relieve pain in the infected hematoma lump.
- Usage of cushion/ pillow while sitting: As previously mentioned, sitting for long hours without a break can be detrimental to your anal veins. If you have an anal lump, it is advisable to sit on a cushioned surface to avoid further damage.
- Include more fiber in your diet: Rich sources of fiber include fruits and vegetables. Consuming a diet rich in fibre can help reduce constipation and ensure healthy bowel movements.
- Avoiding activities that add pressure to your anal region, such as, running, jogging, and weightlifting.
- Consume a balanced diet: Eating foods that help in the healing process of your perianal pain can do wonders. Consider including the following foods/ nutrients into your diet:
-Fruits and vegetables to encourage frequent bowel movements
-A liquid diet to promote the excretion process
-More protein-rich foods to encourage the healing process of the anal lump
There aren’t any specific medications that cater only to treating perianal hematoma in Indians. However, if you experience severe anal discomfort, the doctor may suggest/ recommend taking over-the-counter pain medications.
Depending on the size and severity of your perianal hematoma lump, the general surgeon may recommend performing an in-house procedure to drain the lump near anus. If a blood clot is formed, the general surgeon will numb the area with anesthesia, cut the anal lump, and evacuate the blood clot. This medical procedure is simple and effective as it provides instant relief for the patients. The wound closes after a day or two, and the patients are required to keep the anal region dry and clean.
If you are experiencing anal hardness or perianal pain, consult with a general surgeon to understand what kind of procedure you need to treat perianal hematoma effectively.
Book an instant appointment with top general surgeons online to get treated for perianal hematoma!