1) Honey: Honey has rich properties that are beneficial in reducing inflammation in the throat. It prevents sore throats and reduces dry cough.
Have warm water with half a lemon and add one tablespoon of honey. If you have a habit of having corn flakes or muesli, then you can add honey in them too.
2) Salt Water Gargle: Gargling with salt water promotes healing and soothes inflamed tissues. If you see these dry cough symptoms in infants, then there are alternative measure to take.
Have 200ml of lukewarm water and add 1 teaspoon of salt to it. Stir it well and take a sip. Tilt your head back so that water is near your throat and gargle gently for 20-30 seconds. Then spit out the water. Don’t consume the gargled water. Repeat this process till there is no longer any water.
3) Menthol cough drops: Easily accessible at any pharmacy, menthol cough drops are a great dry cough treatment to do at home. They have a cooling effect that reduces dry cough by soothing the irritant tissues.
4) Humidifiers: Humidifiers are basic household machines that add moisture to the air in your room. IF you are in heated weather, you will have inflamed throat issues. You can use a humidifier in your living room, hall or bedroom so that your dry coughs heal fast.
5) Hot and healthy beverages: Intake warm liquids like tea, soup or broth as it adds moisture and provides instant relief to your throat. Warm liquids help in hydration and quicken the remedial method. You need to make sure you detoxify your body too.
6) Herbs: Herbs have anti-inflammatory properties that prevent a sore throat. It is a great dry cough treatment that will not only cure your throat but also improve your immune system.
Add herbs like thyme, peppermint, garlic, turmeric, liquorice root and marshmallow root to your diet by brewing them in your tea or ideal dish.
7) Vitamins: Increase vitamin intake as it is an organic method of healing your regular functionalities. Vitamin C or multivitamins will be great for resolving dry coughs. Follow a nutritious vitamin diet plan that will answer all your questions about vitamins and minerals to intake.
8) Avoid irritants: Make sure to be safe from triggers that can affect your nasal and respiratory health. Stay away from:
- Cleaning products
- Pet hair
COVID-19 and Dry Cough
One of the most common symptoms of COVID-19 is a dry cough. Please make sure to watch for early signs and take precautionary measures too.
Some basic guidelines if you feel you have a persistent dry cough or other COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Staying at home
- Isolate yourself from other family members for at least 14 days
- Wear cloth mask
- Consult a doctor
- Get an RT PCR test done as soon as possible
- Wash hands regularly
- Avoid sharing household items, use disposable
- Stay calm and utilize this in healing yourself
Get an RT PCR test done at home. Best offers available at MFine
When to See a Doctor for Dry Cough Treatment
Considering that dry coughs are common, you should not ignore the signs of prolonged, persistent or painful dry coughs. Get dry cough treatment done immediately by contacting a healthcare specialist. Do get a check done if the dry cough lasts more than 3 weeks or worsens within that period. If the symptoms of dry cough are prolonged and persistent, get medical expertise immediately.
Consult a medical expert of more than 15 yr experience with our MFine app.