Testosterone Test in Gurgaon
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Testosterone Test in Gurgaon?
What is testosterone test used for?
This test is used for understanding the reason and confirming through test of the following:
Slow development of the muscle mass, reduced growth and impaired functioning of male reproductive organs penis and testicles, increased hair fall, delayed body hair growth and deepening of voice, testicular swelling or mass/lump, enlarged breasts in males., low sex drive or libido, low sperm count or infertility issues.
Pigmentation and thickening of skin, early menopause, irregular or delaying menstruation, infertility, pregnancy complications and difficulty in getting pregnant or infertility issues, baldness, tumour in the ovary, development of masculinity features like increase facial hair growth, increased muscle mass, low hoarse voice and PCOS with acne, and obesity.
What is included in the testosterone test?
Serum/Total serum testosterone – measure the total amount testosterone present in the body. Most of the testosterone binds to either of these two proteins: albumin and sex hormone-binding globulin.
Dihydrotestosterone and the Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) test are some of the additional tests that are measured only when it is specified by the doctor. These tests are taken to confirm the reason for the abnormal levels and symptoms associated with testosterone.
Procedure for testosterone test
- A lab technician will come to your home to collect the blood sample when you book for a test through the MFine app.
- They will collect the sample at the time you schedule it for.
- The sample is then sent to our accredited labs of your choice (made during the booking) for further processing.
- Your result can be easily downloaded from the MFine app directly.
- Consult your doctor for interpreting and understanding the results.
- Take medications if needed.
How to prepare for a testosterone test?
The testosterone test is very simple and does not require much preparation.
Before the test:
- Inform the doctor about your health history and medicine you are taking (whether it is natural medicine, homeopathy, or allopathy medicines you are taking for any health condition like high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney disease, lung disease).
- Inform your doctor if you were under drug abuse, alcohol, smoking, or if you are undergoing treatment to get rid of the above or taking any anabolic steroids for weight training.
- Normally, the testosterone levels will be high in the early morning. So try to avoid the intake of alcohol, drugs and do not smoke before the test. Fasting is advised before the test.
During the test:
A blood sample will be taken from a vein in your arm during the test. A lab technician/ phlebotomist will directly come to your home to collect the blood sample. The entire procedure will take less than 5 minutes. The levels of the test may vary from time to time. If it is not within the acceptable limits, the test will be repeated to confirm.
Things to consider after testosterone test is complete
Reports will be uploaded on the MFine app once they are ready and based on the testosterone levels, your doctor on MFine may either suggest further evaluation and/or appropriate measures to correct the levels.
How much does a testosterone test cost?*
The test cost varies between Rs.150 and Rs. 3000
|City||Average cost of the test (Rs.)|
|Pune||150 – 2500|
|Pondicherry||250 – 700|
|Trivandrum||250 – 3800|
|Vellore||300 – 800|
|Kolkata||350 – 2500|
|Bangalore||300 – 3000|
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the testosterone test?
You can expect to get the results for the testosterone test within 48 hours after the sample is collected.
What do abnormal testosterone test results indicate?
The abnormal levels of the testosterone test indicate the levels are either higher or lower than the optimal test limit. People who use steroids (bodybuilders, athletes, and others who aim to increase their strength) will have high testosterone levels in the blood, irrespective of their gender.
The increased testosterone levels will result in the following disease/health condition.
- Hypertension (also called high blood pressure)
- Dermatitis and skin infections
- Liver disease
- Polycythemia (High RBC count in blood)
- Infertility in both men and women
- According to some researchers, the higher the testosterone level, the more likely men are to participate in risk-taking behaviour (sexual, injury risk, and even criminal activity).
The high testosterone levels lead to infrequent problems and are rare in young and old people who are not receiving any other steroid treatments or testosterone.
Low testosterone levels can be associated with damage to testicles by accident, removal of testicles in patients with testicular cancer, chemotherapy or radiation, pituitary gland disease leading to deficiency and is usually seen in obese/overweight people, aging, metabolic syndrome, people on certain antidepressants and narcotic pain medications or HIV/AIDS.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is testosterone a definitive test?
No. The testosterone test cannot be considered a definitive test and will need further additional supportive investigation to aid in the diagnosis of underlying cause.
How to read the testosterone test report?
The test will tell you whether you have normal, high, or low testosterone. A normal testosterone level will depend on your gender, time of the day the test was taken, age. Various levels of the test according to age and gender are provided here.
|Below normal||Normal||Above normal|
|Age (19-49) – men||<248 (ng/dL)||249 – 836 (ng/dL)||>837 (ng/dL)|
|Age 50 and older – men||<192 (ng/dL)||193 – 740 (ng/dL)||>741 (ng/dL)|
|Age (19-49) – women||<7 (ng/dL)||8 – 48 (ng/dL)||>49 (ng/dL)|
|Age 50 and older – women||< 1(ng/dL)||2 – 41 (ng/dL)||>42 (ng/dL)|
If your levels are higher or lower than the normal levels, the test will be repeated to confirm the results.
Why to book a testosterone test?
A timely medical checkup helps ensure that your health is on track and detect any early signs of medical conditions that may be life-threatening in the long run. Early detection with a comprehensive body exam improves your chances of successful treatment and cure. It also aids in the reduction of future medical bills.
- To detect the changes in male hormone levels in both males and females.
- To diagnose erectile dysfunction, PCOS, delayed or early puberty, testicular tumors, hirsutism, etc.
- To detect the cause of masculine physical features in females.
- To detect the cause of ambiguous genitalia in newborns and infants (genitals don’t appear to be clear, either male or female).
Test testosterone at home – how does it work?
The testosterone test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The blood sample will be collected using a sterile needle and cotton with ethanol or a bandage is placed over the skin.
Are there any risks involved with testosterone tests?
There is no risk involved in testing for testosterone. The procedure is safe and non-invasive.
What can affect the results for testosterone tests?
There are several things that can affect your testosterone blood test results, including your health, age, and what’s happening with your body. Certain medications including antifungals and anabolic steroids or hormone therapy can influence testosterone levels.
You will need to discuss the results with your doctor and get suggestions on certain food, beverages, and medications you need to avoid.
Why Book the Testosterone Test?
- A testosterone test is performed to determine the amount of testosterone in a patient. The male and female bodies create testosterone, which is a hormone or chemical. In males, this hormone determines primary sexual characteristics such as prostate and testes and secondary sexual factors such as body hair growth, bone mass, voice deepening, and muscle strength.
- The level of testosterone in the human body must be ideal. Increased amounts of testosterone may contribute to the variable accumulation of visceral fat, which can lead to type 2 diabetes, PCOS, liver, heart, and renal disorders. It is recommended that you take a testosterone test if you have any of the following symptoms.
For further assistance
Book Testosterone Test Near Me in Gurgaon | MFine
Book Testosterone Test Near Me in Gurgaon | MFine
What does the Testosterone Test Measure?
- A testosterone technique is used to measure how much of the testosterone levels are in your bloodstream. Excessive hair fall, delaying body hair growth, Slow muscle growth, reduced growth and depth of the voice, among many other things, are indications of imbalanced hormone levels in the man's body.
- In women, hardening of the skin, early menopause, inconsistent or interrupted menstruation, infertility, prenatal problems and problems getting pregnant, infertility issues, baldness, ovarian tumours, and PCOS are all signs of testosterone imbalance.
What Preparation is needed for the Testosterone Test?
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
- The abnormal testosterone test results suggest that the levels are either over or below the recommended test limit. People who use steroids for any reason, regardless of gender, will have elevated testosterone levels in their blood.
- Elevated testosterone levels can result in dermatitis and skin infections, liver infections, Hypertension, rage, polycythemia, and infertility in both men and women are all symptoms of Hypertension.
- Low testosterone levels can be linked to testicle damage from an accident, testicle removal in patients with testicular cancer, chemotherapy or radiation, pituitary gland disease. It is commonly seen in obese/overweight people, ageing, metabolic syndrome, taking certain antidepressants and narcotic pain medications, or HIV/AIDS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Gurgaon?
Yes, you can easily use sample collection for various tests at home. MFine makes it easier since, within a single click, you can book a slot for a trial without going anywhere. Your test results will be available online for download within the mentioned period.
What is the cost of the Testosterone Test in Gurgaon?
The cost of tests varies depending on the laboratories and the infrastructure they utilize. For equivalent testing, different cities have different pricing. In Gurgaon, the cost of this test often ranges from Rs. 150 to Rs. 3000 only.
I am staying in Ahmedabad. Can I book a Testosterone test for my grandfather staying in Gurgaon?
Yes, you can easily book a Testosterone test for your relatives and old family members living in distant places through MFine.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a testosterone test sample?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Testosterone test via MFine. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a Testosterone test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is a Testosterone test recommended?
When someone has lost muscle mass, mental disorders, despair, liver and kidney illness, testicles cancers, or premature puberty, a testosterone test is advised. It occurs as a result of a rapid spike or reduction in testosterone levels in the human body.
Is a prescription required to book a Testosterone test?
The testosterone test is a standard routine test and does not need any prescription. However, we still recommend consulting a doctor to analyze the condition and then test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. Maine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Testosterone test definitive?
No, testosterone is not a definitive test. Some additional tests are also suggested to acquire accurate results.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Testosterone test?
The doctor might prescribe another test of Total testosterone along with the Testosterone test for detailed examination.
What diseases can be detected through the Testosterone Test?
A Testosterone test is usually recommended for people going through the symptoms such as Mood disorders, depression, Liver & Kidney disease, Testicular tumours, Precocious puberty, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, Infertility, Hirsutism, Virilisation, Type 2 diabetes, Congenital adrenal hyperplasia, Ovarian tumour, Erectile Dysfunction.
How can I download my Testosterone test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the Testosterone test in Gurgaon?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Testosterone test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.