Book Tacrolimus Test in Pune
Avail Tacrolimus in Pune through MFine. You can book your Tacrolimus test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Tacrolimus sample collection, and the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. Tacrolimus is usually recommended for people who are receiving the drug with the same name.
Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant that is given to patients who have received any form of organ transplant or are suffering from problems like eczema.... View more
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Tacrolimus Test in Pune?
Lab infrastructure in Pune
Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant drug that is used to suppress the immune reaction in patients who have received transplantation. Organ rejection may be a huge concern when transplantation is required. If the organ is rejected, it can lead to other health problems and can prove fatal. Hence, this drug is given in therapeutic amounts. The problem with Tacrolimus is that it is absorbed differently in different bodies and in different amounts, i.e., before and after food. Hence this test is done before the patient is taken to the therapy.
If the concentration of this drug is consistently above the therapeutic amounts, it can cause tacrolimus toxicity and prove fatal. Side effects can be present in all amounts, but in the case of high amounts of drug usage, the side effects may have deadly side effects like high blood pressure, nausea, headaches, blurred vision, etc. Hence to avoid all these problems, a tacrolimus test is suggested.
Why Book for the Tacrolimus Test?
- Book a tacrolimus test to measure the amount of Tacrolimus drug absorbed into the body when it is taken. This test helps healthcare professionals ensure that the drug is not crossing toxic concentrations of the drug. Tacrolimus is a drug that falls under the class of immunosuppressants. This class of drugs is required to suppress an overactive immune system. In certain bodies, The immune system may fail to recognize body parts as its own and may mistake it as a foreign body part and may attack it. This results in many health concerns and leads to problems like autoimmune disorders.
- Sometimes, a patient may require an organ transplant. In this case, it is vital to suppress the immune system so that it does not counterattack the organ and reject it. However, the drug Tacrolimus may be toxic in higher concentrations, especially to the kidneys (Nephrotoxicity). This is a test that is regularly administered at the start and during the therapy to see the perfect dosage of the drug. Once the dosage is administered, the frequency of this test will reduce.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does Tacrolimus Test Measure?
- It measures the concentration of the drug Tacrolimus in the blood of the patient. Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant that is taken intravenously or orally.
What Preparation is Needed for the Tacrolimus Test?
- No special preparation is required. However, kindly communicate all the regular medicines that you take to the healthcare professional.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
It is best to consult with a doctor to interpret the test results. Generally, the therapeutic range of this drug in the bloodstream is 5.0 – 15.0 ug/L.
A concentration lower than this may mean that the organ might be rejected and may pose a huge health risk.
A concentration higher than this can be extremely toxic. This can result in side effects and may result in tacrolimus toxicity.
It may cause headaches, high blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, blurred vision, etc. Different labs have different methods of checking and interpreting the tacrolimus limits.
Please note- Use the same lab each time you book a tacrolimus test for the best and most consistent result.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Agarkar Nagar, Pune?
Yes, You can avail of an at-home sample from Agarkar Nagar, Pune.
What is the cost of the Tacrolimus test in Pune?
The cost of this test is Between 2000 and 3000 INR.
I am staying in Guwahati. Can I book a Tacrolimus test for my uncle staying in Pune?
Yes, you can book the Tacrolimus test for your uncle in Pune from Guwahati with the help of the MFine app.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the sample collection of this test?
Yes, You can reschedule the test; Go to the account. You can see your test, and you can reschedule the test according to your suitable time. You can chat or call our technician if you are facing any difficulty.
Is the lab technician coming for Tacrolimus sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Tacrolimus test recommended?
Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant that is administered to people with autoimmune disorders and people who are going through an organ transplant. Since this drug is absorbed differently in different bodies, it is recommended to patients before and during therapy.
Is a prescription required to book a Tacrolimus test?
Generally, this test is used to monitor the levels of tacrolimus in a person who is addressed tacrolimus for therapeutic purposes.
If this test is recommended, chances are you might already have a prescription for the same.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Tacrolimus test definitive?
Yes, It is a definitive test. It determines the right amount of tacrolimus permissible for different bodies.
What other tests are usually recommended along with Tacrolimus?
This test is usually recommended before the patient is put to therapy. So this test alone will determine the optimal amount of the drug tacrolimus.
What problems can be detected through the Tacrolimus test?
This test determines the amount of the drug tacrolimus in the bloodstream, from which the right amount of the drug can be administered. Since it is an immunosuppressant, it is generally administered to patients with an organ transplant.
How can I download my Tacrolimus test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Tacrolimus test in Pune?
Usually, you can avail up to a 50% discount on Tacrolimus through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.