Book Tacrolimus Test in Bangalore
Avail Tacrolimus Test in Bangalore through MFine. You can book your Tacrolimus Test test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Tacrolimus Test sample collection, the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. Tacrolimus Test is usually recommended when a change in dosage is prescribed by the doctor for the Tacrolimus drug.... View more
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Tacrolimus Test in Bangalore?
Lab infrastructure in Bangalore
Bangalore is one of the major medical hubs in the country. Patients from across the globe visit the city to take advantage of its excellent medical infrastructure. There are many hospitals in the city that treat patients who need specific treatments such as organ transplants. It is one of the major cases where an immunosuppressant drug such as Tacrolimus is prescribed. Thus, the city also must provide facilities that perform the tacrolimus test.
Bangalore being a metropolitan city, finding laboratories with the necessary structure to perform a Tacrolimus test is not hard. There are many government hospitals as well as private hospitals and clinics that perform the test. There are facilities to have your sample collected from your home or workplace and receive test results on your email or mobile. MFine prides itself in being one of those facilitators who can arrange such a stress-free experience.
Why Book for the Tacrolimus Test?
- Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant drug, usually prescribed to patients awaiting organ donation, in order to ensure their body will not reject the new organ. Unfortunately, Tacrolimus in higher quantities can be toxic. The tacrolimus test measures the level of the drug in your blood, and this measurement helps the medical personnel prescribe an optimal dosage to the patient, to prevent accidental tacrolimus poisoning. The test is primarily performed before the doctor puts a patient into pre-organ transplant therapy.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does Tacrolimus Test Measure?
- A Tacrolimus test measures the amount of tacrolimus drug in a person's blood. Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant. If the Tacrolimus levels are too low, the body might reject a new organ. If it is too high, it can be toxic. Thus, the dosage must be individually tailored.
- After administering a dose, the level of tacrolimus in a person's blood peaks after 2 or 3 hours. A test is performed during that window to determine the higher value. Similarly, another test is performed 12 hours later to determine the lowest concentration. Taking these results into account, an ideal dosage is prescribed to the patient.
What Preparation is Needed for the Tacrolimus Test?
- No special preparation is required for a Tacrolimus test. A person need not fast or follow any such instructions. They are only required to follow the doctor's advice regarding any medicines already prescribed.
- As the test aims to measure the levels of tacrolimus in an individual's blood for everyday drug usage, the idea is to take measurements not under ideal circumstances, but while the patient follows a routine similar to what they will follow in their day-to-day life while using Tacrolimus.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
The normal range for Tacrolimus in one's blood is 5.0-15.0 ng/mL. Levels less than equal to 3.5 ng/mL can lead to acute rejection of organ and creatinine doubling. Similarly, levels higher than 15 ng/mL can be a sign of infection, liver dysfunction, etc. Along with the test results, any unfavourable change in the health of the patient is a cause for further inspection. Tacrolimus toxicity may cause headache, high blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, blurred vision, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Indiranagar, Bangalore?
Yes. You can book an appointment for an at-home sample collection for the test in Indiranagar, Bangalore. In fact, currently, there are 4 labs serving an at-home collection of blood samples for a Tacrolimus test at Indiranagar, Bangalore.
What is the cost of the Tacrolimus test in Bangalore?
Getting a tacrolimus test done from the comfort of your home in the city of Bangalore can cost as low as Rs.2,111. There are of course other labs and charges can range up to Rs.4,050, with the cost averaging at around Rs.3,000.
I stay in Kota. Can I book the Tacrolimus test for my mother staying in Kolkata?
Yes, you most definitely can. Simply choose the city where the sample has to be collected from, which in this case is Kolkata when you book the lab test. Choose from the numerous labs MFine has listed. Compare and decide which is the best fit for you.
How can I reschedule my appointment for blood sample collection?
Yes. You can reschedule your appointment by logging in to your MFine account via the website or via the app. And even though it is subject availability, you can choose from a different available time slot.
Is the lab technician coming for Tacrolimus sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Tacrolimus test recommended?
Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant that doctors prescribe to a patient awaiting organ donation so that the body will not treat the new organ as a foreign invader, and it does not reject the organ. The test is recommended before the dosage of the drug is prescribed to the patient in order to determine the ideal amount.
Is a prescription required to book a Tacrolimus test?
This varies from city to city and from lab to lab. While some labs may not require a doctor’s prescription, others might insist on one.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Tacrolimus test a definitive test?
No. the Tacrolimus test is used to determine dosage for the drug tacrolimus. It is not used to provide a diagnosis.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the Tacrolimus test?
Tests like blood type (ABO), Human Leukocyte Antigens (HLA), Crossmatch, Serology, etc. are tests often recommended along with this test.
What diseases can be detected through the Tacrolimus test?
The Tacrolimus test is not used to detect a disease. It is specifically used to determine the therapeutic dosage of the drug tacrolimus.
How can I download my Tacrolimus test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Tacrolimus test in Bangalore?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Tacrolimus test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.