Book Stool Culture Test in Chennai
Avail Stool Culture Test in Chennai through MFine. You can book your Stool Culture Test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Stool Culture Test sample collection; the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. A Stool Culture Test is highly recommended for people having the following symptoms:
- Bloody stools or urine
- Stomach ache or cramps
- Prolonged Diarrhea
- Persistent stomach infections
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Stool Culture Test in Chennai?
Lab Infrastructure in Chennai
Chennai happens to be one of the largest cities in the South, and it is currently known as the medical hub of India. The medical industry leaders who built this city have a global outlook on business because they knew how to adapt. There are many quality health care centers located around Chennai that cater to both government officials as well as international patients.
Why book for a Stool Culture Test?
- A Stool Culture test is used to detect the presence of pathogens that are causing the infection of the digestive system, especially in the lower part of the digestive tract. A Stool Culture Test takes into account the disorders related to your stomach. Be it an infection or abnormalities in the stomach, this test will help in evaluating it all. A stool culture test is sometimes used in conjunction with other tests like a stool for ova and parasite tests to look for the presence of any parasites or Clostridium difficile toxin tests. Some common symptoms observed in people with stomach problems are:
- Stool containing mucus or blood
- Prolonged Diarrhea
- Stomach pain or cramps
- Frequent vomiting
- Food contamination
- If these symptoms persist, the Stool Culture Test is recommended at the earliest.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Stool Culture Test Measure?
- A Stool Culture Test is one of the tests that determine the underlying condition of stomach infection. It evaluates the presence or absence of pathogens or germs that cause infection in the digestive system. If you're experiencing symptoms such as prolonged diarrhea, bloody stools, stomach cramps, nausea, fatigue, and others, then this test is highly recommended. During the test, the lab attendant collects the stool sample from you, which is then tested to determine the presence of bacteria causing infections.
- Stool Culture Test helps to find different types of pathogens that cause gastrointestinal infections. These infections can be from different species such as Campylobacter species, Salmonella species, Shigella species, Escherichia coli, and Clostridium difficile. Other bacteria that can cause diarrhea are Aeromonas species, Yersinia enterocolitica, Staphylococcus aureus, Vibrio cholera, etc.
What Preparation is Needed for the Stool Culture Test?
- This test requires no preparation as such. It is a simple procedure that requires no prior planning. However, you should let your doctor know about your medical history, family history, and allergies if any. This will help determine your body's health better. Moreover, tell your doctor about any supplements, vitamins, or herbs you consume on a daily basis. All these things can affect your test results, and that is why it is crucial for your doctor to know about them.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Chennai?
Yes, you can easily avail the sample collection for various tests at home through MFine. With a single click, you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be available for download within 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Stool Culture Test in Chennai?
The cost of tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure they utilize. Different cities have varied prices too. The approximate price for the Stool Culture Test in Chennai ranges from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1,000 per person.
I stay in Bangalore. Can I book a Stool Culture Test for my grandfather staying in Chennai?
Yes, you can easily book the Stool Culture Test for your relatives in places where the MFine services are easily available. The process is easy and hassle-free.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a Stool Culture Test sample?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Stool Culture Test through the MFine app or website. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a Stool Culture Test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection
When is the Stool Culture Test recommended?
If you are experiencing symptoms of diarrhea, weakness, stomach pain, or cramps, your doctor shall recommend a Stool Culture Test immediately. It points towards an underlying digestive issue that needs urgent medical help.
Is a prescription required to book a Stool Culture Test
Yes, it is mandatory to carry a prescription with you when you get the Stool Culture Test done. It is an advanced test that can only be recommended by a healthcare provider.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Stool Culture Test definitive?
Yes, the Stool Culture Test is definitive. It can help to detect pathogens that cause infections in the body, especially in the stomach. This test is related to the digestive tract disorders in your body. However, if the test results are negative, your doctor can recommend more tests to help diagnose your condition better.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Stool Culture test?
An Upper GI series is generally recommended along with the stool culture test to confirm the presence or absence of certain conditions.
What diseases can be detected through the Stool Culture Test?
The various diseases that can be determined by the stool culture test are hemorrhoids, colon or gastric cancer, stomach infections, anal fissures, and inflammatory bowel disease.
How can I download my Stool Culture Test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Stool Culture Test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.