RAPID MALARIA TEST IN AHMEDABAD
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to Book A Rapid Malaria Test in Ahmedabad?
What is a Rapid Malaria Test used for?
A Rapid Malaria Test, also known as a Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Test, is a non-invasive method of determining the presence of particular malaria antigens or parasites in a person’s blood. The rapid malaria test is mainly used to diagnose malaria, and it aids in detecting the malaria parasites or antigens present in the human blood.
This test is a quick way of knowing whether you have malaria or not. The blood is taken from the prick of the finger and is then placed on the test strip. It changes the color to show the result of the test.
What is included in the Rapid Malaria Test?
Generally, the rapid tests are accurate, but not as much as the standard lab tests. But these tests are easy to use, require a little sample, do not require any special equipment, and the results are quick RTDs come in a variety of forms, such as dipstick, cassette, or hybrids. They are often relatively simple to use, needing no specialized skills and little training, regardless of the format. They don’t require any infrastructure or equipment and maybe utilized right at the point of treatment, even in the most distant locations.
There are various rapid test kits available that enable the detection of antigens that come from malaria parasites. In instances where a good microscopic diagnosis is not accessible, these “Rapid Diagnostic Tests” (RDTs) are a viable alternative to microscopy.
Procedure for the Rapid Malaria Test
The procedure for the rapid malaria test is quick and easy. The lab technician will arrive at your convenient time slot to take your blood sample.
The rapid malaria test mainly includes the following procedure:
- You have to provide a sample of blood. If the malarial antigen is present, the sample is combined with a special substance that will trigger a chemical reaction.
- You will get to see the result on the rapid test cassette or dipstick. A dipstick is a thin plastic strip that has been chemically coated. When the dipstick is inserted into the sample, it will change colors if the test is positive. A quick test cassette is a compact plastic casing with a well where the sample is stored. To signify the outcome, the well will display a letter or a symbol.
How to prepare for a Rapid Malaria Test?
You do not need special preparation for this test. But make sure to inform the doctor about the medications that you might be taking for any underlying condition. Your doctor will diagnose malaria. Your doctor will check your medical history, including any recent trip to tropical regions, during your visit. A physical examination will also be carried out.
Things to consider after the Rapid Malaria Test is complete
You don’t need to consider any special precaution after the test is complete.
*What types of infection can a Rapid Malaria Test detect?
Malaria Parasite Test is a pathology test used to identify the presence of parasitic organisms that cause malaria. This test necessitates the collection of a patient’s venous blood sample. Malaria parasite tests are available in most pathology labs.
Plasmodium parasites, which are carried by Anopheles mosquitoes, cause malaria. Female mosquitoes only transfer the malaria parasites. When a mosquito bites a person with malaria, the parasites in the blood are consumed by the insect. When a mosquito bites another individual, the parasites are transmitted to them. This is how the infection spreads.
How much does the Rapid Malaria Test cost?*
The cost of rapid malaria tests differs from one lab to another. Several factors like your location, preferred lab partner, sample collection time, etc., can affect the cost of this test. Usually, this test may cost around Rs 60 to Rs. 600.
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get results for the Rapid Malaria Test?
You can expect rapid malaria test results within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice, and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal Rapid Malaria Test results indicate?
If the test shows a positive result, this will indicate the presence of the malarial antigen in your body, and hence, it would mean that you are infected with malaria. In case the test shows a negative result, it means that you are not infected. In some instances, the result may not be clear, which may indicate that you need to perform the test again. However, it is always better to consult the doctor to interpret the result better.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor to interpret the test reports.
Is a Rapid Malaria Test a definitive test?
The majority of fast tests are correct, although not to the same degree as regular lab testing. However, these tests are simple, require minimal material, require no special equipment, and provide speedy results. Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDTs) for malaria aid in identifying the disease by demonstrating the presence of malaria parasites in human blood. RDTs are a viable alternative to clinical diagnosis or microscopy in situations when high-quality microscopy services are unavailable.
How to read the Rapid Malaria Test report?
The report shows two columns, “C” and “T.” If there is a line in both the “C” column and “T” column, it indicates that the patient has malaria. If there is a line in the “C” column but no line in the “T” column, it means that the patient does not have malaria. A typical test results in a negative result, indicating no Plasmodium parasites in your blood. A positive result indicates that the parasites are present in your blood and that you may be suffering from malaria.
When blood draws and smears aren’t accessible, this is also known as RDT or antigen testing. Blood is drawn from a prick on your finger and placed on a test strip, which changes color to indicate whether or not you have malaria.
Why book a Rapid Malaria Test?
Rapid diagnostic tests have particular value as epidemiological tools and are used as diagnostics. They enable rapid screening of a potentially affected population and can be used as a test of cure to determine the presence of an infection. If you are experiencing the symptoms of malaria, you must book a rapid diagnostic test and get yourself tested for the same.
Testing is done to aid in the diagnosis of malaria, the monitoring of relapses, and the determination of the parasite’s medication susceptibility. Malaria is diagnosed by the use of blood smears or the rapid testing method.
Rapid Malaria Test at home – how does it work?
The Rapid Malaria Test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with the Rapid Malaria Test?
There is no such risk involved with the rapid malaria test. Men and women both can get this test done regardless of their age to know if they have been infected with malaria. But you should let your doctor know about any underlying condition or any medication you might be having before getting this test done.
What can affect the results of a Rapid Malaria Test?
Malaria rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) are easy to use and yield findings fast, making treatment decisions swiftly. On the other hand, the accuracy and applicability of RDT data depend on several elements, including the RDT’s quality, storage, transportation, and end-user performance.
Why Book the Rapid Malaria Test in Ahmedabad?
- The necessity to book a vitamin K test is mandatory if a person is going through excessive bleeding frequently. The bleeding can be observed during a wound or in women at the time of menstruation. Sometimes patients observe blood flow during urination and in stools. This is a severe indication of internal bleeding, which needs emergency assistance. Booking the vitamin K test will help the specialist to diagnose the prothrombin count. This count is responsible for clotting the blood at an accurate time.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Rapid Malaria Test measure?
- The Rapid Malaria tests are lateral flow immunochromatographic antigen-detection tests that measure the presence of malarial antigen in the body of the infected individual.
- The Rapid Malaria test detects specific antigens (proteins) produced by malarial parasites in the blood of infected individuals which may be caused by any of the malarial parasites viz., P. falciparum, P. vivax, P. malariae or, P. ovale (here, P stands for Plasmodium).
- The blood from the infected patient is collected through a small and simple prick for the process of Rapid Malaria Test. The procedure is very simple and fast as the results are available through detailed report analysis.
What Preparation is Needed for the Rapid Malaria Test?
- Rapid Malaria test is a common diagnostic test and can be conducted on anyone. The test allows you to clear your doubts regarding the presence of malarial antigen in the body of the infected individual.
- Rapid Malaria test is devoid of any specific preparation i.e., this test doesn’t require any prerequisite specific preparation. As it can be undertaken by anyone who shows signs and symptoms of the disease such as feeling cold and shivery, a high temperature of 38 degrees centigrade or above, headaches, vomiting, muscle pains, diarrhea, and a general feeling of unwellness
- However, on a precautionary basis, it is best that the doctor must be defined any medications or treatments being undertaken by the patient to avoid negative side effects if any.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
- Rapid Malaria test indicates the presence of malarial infections in the body of the infected person.
- This test evaluates the presence of malarial antigen in the blood of the infected patient.
- A positive Rapid Malaria test result confirms malarial infection that is, the presence of malarial antigen in the body of the infected patient.
- A negative Rapid Malaria test result indicates the absence of any kind of infection in the infected patient’s body.
- However, it is always best to consult your doctor for better interpretation and analysis of the results.
Frequently Asked Questions | FAQs
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Vasna, Ahmedabad?
Yes, you can avail a home sample collection for the Rapid Malaria test anywhere from the comfort of your home. MFine makes it easier for you; within a single click, you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be delivered to your doorstep
What is the cost of the Rapid Malaria test in Ahmedabad?
The cost of several tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. Different cities many have varied prices too. The approximate prices for Rapid Malaria tests in Ahmedabad range from 150 to 700 rupees per person.
I stay in Kolhapur Can I book Rapid Malaria Test for my 63-year-old uncle staying in Ahmedabad?
Yes, you can easily book a Rapid Malaria test for your relatives and old family members living in distant places with the help of the MFine App.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the Rapid Malaria test sample collection?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Rapid Malaria test sample collection through the MFine app. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time, just log in with your details, and get your job done easily.
Is the lab technician coming for Rapid Malaria test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Rapid Malaria test recommended?
The Rapid Malaria test is recommended to persons suffering from problems like high fever, cold and shivering, feeling unwell, headaches, vomiting, muscle pain, diarrhea which are usually regarded as the symptoms of malaria.
Is a prescription required to book a Rapid Malaria test?
No, there is no need to take a medical prescription from a registered doctor to book a Rapid Malaria test. A Rapid Malaria test usually does not require any detailed analysis beforehand or some technical details though it is always advisable to have the doctor informed about the previously consumed medications and also, this can be undertaken by anyone who has observed the symptoms of malaria such as feeling cold and shivery, a high temperature of 38-degree centigrade or above, headaches, vomiting, muscle pains, diarrhea and a general feeling of unwell. But it is always advisable to consult your reports with an expert physician for better analysis and treatment.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Rapid Malaria test a definitive test?
No, the Rapid Malaria test is not a definitive test because it is considered to be an alternative test to the diagnosis of malaria, based on clinical grounds or microscopy. However, the Rapid Malaria test is able to detect and confirm the presence of malarial parasite (antigen) in the blood of an individual infected or symptomatic patient. The sample for the Rapid Malaria test is obtained from a patient’s peripheral blood through finger or heel prick and the detailed reports are available on the same day itself.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the Rapid Malaria test?
A blood smear test may be recommended along with a Rapid Malaria test although there may be some other tests as per the requirement of the patient necessitated by the doctor.
What diseases can be detected through the Rapid Malaria test?
Rapid Malaria test helps us to detect the presence of malarial antigen in the blood of the infected patient, thereby determining the presence or absence of malaria
How can I download my Rapid Malaria test report?
– Login to MFine.
– Go to your profile.
– Click Attachment and Reports.
– Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the Rapid Malaria test in Ahmedabad?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Rapid Malaria test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.