Book Prolactin test in Kolkata
Avail Prolactin test in Kolkata through MFine. You can book your Prolactin test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Prolactin test sample collection; the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. Prolactin test is usually recommended for those who show some of the following symptoms-
- Irregular/no periods in women
- Discharge from the breast without pregnancy
- Fertility issues in both men and women
- Menopause symptoms at an early age
- Tenderness in breast
- A sudden decrease in sexual desire
- Difficulty in getting an erection
- enlargement of the breast in men
- Unexplained headache
- Trouble seeing or vision problems
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book a Prolactin test in Kolkata?
Lab infrastructure in Kolkata
Kolkata came under tier -1 city and expanded its medical infrastructure in the healthcare sector over the years. Kolkata is the main centre for the healthcare needs of eastern India. To fulfil the needs of the locals and nearby residents, this city has developed in the healthcare sector.
Why book a Prolactin Test?
- Prolactin tests measure prolactin levels in the body to diagnose prolactinoma (a type of tumour of the pituitary gland). It can also be used to diagnose menstrual irregularities and/or infertility issues in women. The Prolactin test also helps to measure the root cause of sexual drive or erectile dysfunction in men.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Prolactin Test measure?
- The Prolactin test measures elevated levels or low levels of prolactin (produced by the pituitary gland) in the body. There are some conditions when even a normal woman who is not pregnant and even men can have increased levels of the prolactin hormone in the blood.
What Preparation is needed for Prolactin Test?
- There is no special preparation required for the Prolactin test. It is similar to any other blood test and requires a fasting state as any of the aforementioned conditions can influence prolactin levels. You need to inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. In case you are under any type of medication or consuming any health supplements, then do inform your physician beforehand. All that is required for the patient is to open the MFine app and book an appointment with the desired lab partner.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
The abnormal results indicate a high level of Prolactin in the blood. It may indicate certain conditions such as-
- An eating disorder(Anorexia nervosa)
- the part of the brain which controls the pituitary gland (hypothalamus) is affected
- Prolactinoma (a beginning tumor in your pituitary gland that produces too much prolactin)
- Consumption of certain medications such as antidepressants, birth control pill, B.P medicine.
- Irritation or damage to the chest
- renal illness, liver failure, and polycystic ovarian syndrome also affects the body’s capacity to eliminate prolactin
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Nadia, Kolkata?
Yes, you can avail of at-home sample collection through MFine web and app platform. A lab specialist will come to your place to collect the blood sample. You can select a time slot for the sample as per your preference. After collecting the sample, the lab specialist will send your sample to the lab partner.
What is the cost of a Prolactin test in Kolkata?
The cost of several tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. Different cities have varied prices too. The approximate price for the Prolactin test in Kolkata ranges from Rs 300-500 per person.
I live in Gaya. Can I book a Prolactin test for my brother staying in Kolkata?
Yes, You can easily book a Prolactin test for your relatives and old family members living in distant places through the MFine app.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the Prolactin test?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Prolactin test through the MFine app. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for the Prolactin test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Prolactin test recommended?
The Prolactin test is recommended by your healthcare provider if you show certain symptoms such as infertility, breast discharge without any apparent reason, difficulty in erection, no periods/irregular periods, etc.
Is a prescription required to book a Prolactin test?
Yes, generally, it is not required to take a prescription from a doctor to book a Prolactin test, but it is recommended to consult a doctor before you book a test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Prolactin test a definitive test?
The Prolactin test is a conclusive test but not entirely a definitive test. In a few cases, depending on certain conditions results can show the false positive or negative interpretation. It has already been proven to be a reliable diagnostic tool for hyperprolactinemia. However, the physician can recommend another test to corroborate the results of the Prolactin test.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the Prolactin test?
There are some tests that are recommended along with the Prolactin test. They are CT of the pituitary fossa, vision testing, brain imaging, Video EEG, etc.
What diseases can be detected through the Prolactin test?
There are several disorders that can be detected through the Prolactin test. They are functional and organic disorders of the hypothalamus, pituitary tumours or prolactinoma, primary hypothyroidism, lesion in the chest wall, renal insufficiency, PCOS, and ectopic tumours.
How can I download my Prolactin test report?
- – Login to MFine
- – Go to your profile
- – Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Prolactin test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.