Book Platelet Count Test in Gurgaon
Request a Call Back
How to Book A Platelet Count Test in Gurgaon?
Lab Infrastructure in Gurgaon
Gurgaon is one of the fast-developing cities with extraordinary healthcare facilities. There are around 30 hospitals, more than 150 diagnostic centers and more than 500 clinics. These health dispensaries are run by professional doctors, nurses and health technicians. The labs have all the required necessities for conducting tests effectively. Above all, the hospitals are also well-maintained to provide patients with a hygienic and homely environment to be treated quickly and efficiently.
Why to Book a Platelet Count Test?
- Platelets are important blood cells that are responsible for blood clotting. Blood clotting does not allow unnecessary blood flow out of the body. It coagulates blood on the spot of injury to stop the blood. The platelet count test is conducted to measure the level of the platelet.
- The test can also detect health issues that lead to excessive blood clotting or bleeding. Thrombocytopenia is the condition of excessive bleeding. Thrombocytosis is the condition of excessive clotting.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What Does the Platelet Count Test Measure?
- The platelet count test is a part of total blood count. It counts other blood cells along with platelets. The test measures blood cells such as:
- WBC (White Blood Cells): It fights against the germs and antigens that enter the body.
- RBC (Red Blood Cells): These blood cells have hemoglobin that carries oxygen.
- Hematocrit: The measure of RBCs and plasma proportion.
What Preparation is Needed for Platelet Count?
- The platelet count test does not require any preparation before the test. However, in some cases, doctors may recommend fasting. In that case, fasting for 6 to 8 hours should be done. It is also important to inform your doctor about all the medications you are on.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Any deviation from the normal range of platelet counts will show abnormal test results. The normal platelet count range is 150,000 to 450,000 platelets per microliter of blood.
Elevated levels of platelets are known as thrombocytosis. It may occur under the following conditions:
- Inflammatory diseases, or any other chronic diseases.
Decreased levels of platelets are called thrombocytopenia. It may occur under the following conditions-
- During any blood loss in cases of trauma or during any surgery.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Palam Vihar, Gurgaon?
Yes, you can avail at-home sample collection. The MFine app provides a convenient way of booking platelet count tests. The lab technicians will come to your house to collect the sample in one visit.
What is the cost of a Platelet Count test in Gurgaon?
The cost of the test is somewhere around Rs 80 to Rs 250. However, the cost of a platelet count test can vary due to various factors such as location, time and date.
I stay in Hyderabad. Can I book a Platelet Count test for my grandmother staying in Gurgaon?
You can book the test online for your father through the MFine app. It offers a convenient way of booking the test from anywhere for anyone.
How can I reschedule my appointment for platelet count sample collection?
You can reschedule the appointment for the platelet count test through the MFine app. In the app, there is an option of changing the location, time and even the appointment date.
Is the lab technician coming for Platelet Count sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Platelet Count test recommended?
Doctors recommend a platelet count test to detect various health disorders. The test is done to evaluate the platelet counts in the body. A higher level of platelet can lead to disease such as excessive clotting. The low platelet level causes health disease that leads to excessive abnormal bleeding.
Is a prescription required to book a Platelet Count test?
The MFine app allows you to book the test online without any prescription from doctors. Above all, you also receive a doctor’s interpretation.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the Platelet Count a definitive test?
No, the platelet count test is not definitive. The test does not confirm any diseases, and therefore follow-up tests are required. The abnormal level of platelet can also be due to some medications.
What other tests are usually recommended along with Platelet Count?
The platelet count test is not conclusive. To be sure of the health condition, the doctor may recommend other tests along with the test. The platelet count test is usually recommended, and the total blood count test.
What diseases can be detected through the Platelet Count test?
The high level of platelet is known as thrombocytosis. It can be due to anemia, infection and other inflammatory diseases. The low level of platelet is known as thrombocytopenia. It can be due to fever, dengue, and blood loss in case of trauma.
How can I download my Platelet Count report?
- Login to MFine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on Platelet Count through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.