Book Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test in Pune
Avail Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test in Pune through MFine. You can book your Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test sample collection, the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is usually recommended for the following symptoms such as:
- Sudden High-Grade Fever
- Stomach Ache
- Joint Pain
- Body Ache
- Blurry Vision
- Nausea Or Vomiting
Request a Call Back
How to book Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test in Pune?
Lab infrastructure in Pune
The 2nd major IT hub in India, Pune, is a sprawling city featuring one of India’s best medical facilities. It is among the list of Tier-1 cities in India. The health care system in Pune is well-organized and well equipped with nearly 150 private hospitals and nearly 600 diagnostic centres. Over the years, these hospitals have evolved enormously in order to provide the best possible treatment to patients.
Apart from hospital-based labs, there are several independent labs with the latest technology equipment to diagnose diseases with maximum accuracy. Labs in Pune are spread all over the city and has an easy approach for both the local and visitor.
There are some common diseases such as asthma, sinusitis, goitre, diabetes, high or low blood pressure, diabetes, hypertension, PCOD, thyroid, which are prominent in the city.
You are advised to consult with your doctor to have a proper test through the MFine app and you can also avail of tests through MFine’s lab partner. medical services are equipped in the hospitals of Pune.
Why book Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test?
- Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test detects the presence of a non-structural protein called NS1 in the serum, using a method called ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test. This test is recommended for people suffering from dengue fever or suspected of it. The typical dengue symptoms are high-grade fever, headache, chills, joint pain, nausea, fatigue, and body ache. If a person has symptoms of the infection or has recently travelled to a high dengue prevalence region is recommended Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does Dengue Antigen (Ns1) measure?
- Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is used to detect the presence of the dengue virus in a person showing dengue-related symptoms. The test is more reliable during the acute phase of infection with the dengue virus. That is, from day 1 of onset of fever till day 7. After 7 days a different antibody called IgM is used for detecting dengue infection. Dengue Antigen test includes the detection of a Non-structural protein called NS1, which is a protein produced by the dengue virus in the blood.
- Synthetic antibodies used in the test kit bind to the NS1 proteins that are released by the virus in the serum, thus helping in detecting the presence of the dengue virus. Therefore, an NS1 positive Dengue Antigen test indicates the presence of viral infection.
What preparation is needed for the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test?
- This test does not require any special preparation. There are some precautionary measures you need to take before undergoing the test, such as-
- Inform your doctor about any medications you're consuming.
- It is important to inform your doctor if you are consuming health supplements.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then do inform your doctor.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
The presence of the NS1 antigen can be found during the acute phase i.e. during the first week after the infection. The results are either positive (antigen present) or negative (no antigen present) (antigen absent). For all age categories, the reference is the same.
Positive (>1.1): indicates the presence of acute-phase dengue infection in the body.
Negative (<0.9): a negative NS1 antigen test result indicates different scenarios.
- If the test is negative it might mean no dengue infection.
- The test took between 12-24 hours from the starting of fever, the result might be "undecidable". The test has to be repeated after 24 hours.
- if the test is negative but a person has symptoms related to dengue fever then the test result might be considered as :False Negative". The repeat test or additional tests may be advised by your doctor.
- If the test is taken after the acute phase then this test is not reliable. An additional antibody (IgM) test is required for diagnosis.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Baner Road, Pune?
Yes, it is easy to avail of at-home sample collection in Pune through MFine. With a single click, you may choose a preferable slot for the test at the convenience of your home, and your test report will be made available in 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test in Pune?
The cost of the tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. The charges for the test in Pune generally range from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000.
I live in Bangalore. Can I book a Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test for my brother-in-law staying in Pune?
Yes, you can easily book a random blood sugar test for any relatives and old family members living in distant places through the MFine app. You can book a slot as per your suitability with a single click from any place.
How can I reschedule my appointment for Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a random blood sugar test through the MFine app or web service. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using a sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test recommended?
Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is recommended to detect the presence of the dengue virus in a person and show symptoms related to dengue. Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is the most accurate during the acute phase of infection (day 1 of onset of fever till day 7). f you are suffering from the following symptoms, it is advised to undergo the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test:-
- Stomach Ache
- Swollen Gland
- Vomiting Or Nausea
- Bleeding Gums Or Nose
Is a prescription required to book a Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test?
This test does not require a prescription as the dengue Antigen (Ns1) test is used to determine the presence of the Dengue virus in the body.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test a definitive test?
Dengue Antigen test is a definitive test in the acute phase of infection with the dengue virus. However if someone tests negative and highly suspicious of Dengue, antibody tests are required to diagnose. Always get a consultation from your doctor before performing any test or procedure.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test?
Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) and MAC-ELISA are recommended along with dengue antigen (NS 1) test for most accurate results.
What diseases can be detected through the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test?
Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test is used to detect the presence of the dengue virus in the body.
How can I download my Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test report?
- Login to MFine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test in Pune?
Usually, you can avail of up to a 50% discount on Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.