Book Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test in Hyderabad
Avail Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test in Hyderabad through MFine. You can book your Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test sample collection, the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is usually recommended for the following symptoms such as:
- Sudden high-grade fever
- Stomach ache
- Joint pain
- Body ache
- Blurry vision
- Nausea or vomiting
Request a Call Back
How to book Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test in Hyderabad?
Lab infrastructure in Hyderabad
Hyderabad is the capital of India’s two major cities- Telangana and Hyderabad. It is a tier 1 city in India. The city has a world-class infrastructure for healthcare, and labs are equipped with the latest technology equipment for maximum accuracy to diagnose any disease. Hyderabad has nearly 100+ private and public hospitals and 200+ diagnostic centres to treat people.
The hospital-based labs and independent labs have top-notch and international standard equipment to perform progressive level tests with massive accuracy. One can find labs in almost every part of the city, and it is easy for everyone to locate a lab.
Ailments like asthma, diabetes, thyroid and goitre are prevalent in Hyderabad. Apart from this, seasonal infections such as dengue and malaria occur during monsoons.
If you’re going through any such diseases or more, consult a doctor and avail of a test through MFine’s lab partner.
Why book Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test?
- Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test detects the presence of a non-structural protein called NS1 in the serum, using a method called ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test. This test is recommended for people suffering from dengue fever or suspected of it. The typical dengue symptoms are high-grade fever, headache, chills, joint pain, nausea, fatigue, and body ache. If a person has symptoms of the infection or has recently travelled to a high dengue prevalence region, he is recommended for the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does Dengue Antigen (Ns1) measure?
- Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is used to detect the presence of the dengue virus in a person showing dengue-related symptoms. The test is more reliable during the acute phase of infection with the dengue virus. That is, from day 1 of onset of fever till day 7. After 7 days, a different antibody called IgM is used for detecting dengue infection. The Dengue Antigen test includes detecting a non-structural protein called NS1, which is a protein produced by the dengue virus in the blood.
- Synthetic antibodies used in the test kit bind to the NS1 proteins that are released by the virus in the serum, thus helping in detecting the presence of the dengue virus. Therefore, an NS1 positive Dengue Antigen test indicates the presence of viral infection.
What preparation is needed for the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test?
- This test does not require any special preparation. There are some precautionary measures you need to take before undergoing the test, such as-
- Inform your doctor about any medications you're consuming.
- It is important to inform your doctor if you are consuming health supplements.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then do inform your doctor.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
The presence of the NS1 antigen can be found during the acute phase i.e. during the first week after the infection. The results are either positive (antigen present) or negative (no antigen present) (antigen absent). For all age categories, the reference is the same.
Positive (>1.1): Indicates the presence of acute-phase dengue infection in the body.
Negative (<0.9): Indicates different scenarios.
- If the test is negative, it might mean that there is no dengue infection.
- If the test is conducted between 12-24 hours from the start of fever, the result might be "undecidable". The test has to be repeated after 24 hours.
- If the test is negative, but a person has symptoms related to dengue fever then the test result might be considered as "False Negative". The repeat test or additional tests may be advised by your doctor.
- If the test is taken after the acute phase, then this test is not reliable. An additional antibody (IgM) test is required for diagnosis.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Baner Road, Hyderabad?
Yes, it is easy to avail at-home sample collection in Hyderabad through MFine. With a single click, you may choose a preferable slot for the test at the convenience of your home, and your test report will be made available in 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test in Hyderabad?
The cost of the tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. The charges for the test in Hyderabad generally range from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000.
I live in Bangalore. Can I book a Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test for my brother-in-law staying in Hyderabad?
Yes, you can easily book a random blood sugar test for any relatives and old family members living in distant places through the MFine app. You can book a slot as per your suitability with a single click from any place.
How can I reschedule my appointment for Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test through the MFine app or web service. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test recommended?
Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is recommended to detect the presence of the dengue virus in a person and show symptoms related to dengue. Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test is the most accurate during the acute phase of infection (day 1 of onset of fever till day 7). f you are suffering from the following symptoms, it is advised to undergo the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test:-
- Stomach ache
- Swollen gland
- Vomiting or nausea
- Bleeding gums or nose
Is a prescription required to book a Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test?
This test does not require a prescription as the dengue Antigen (Ns1) test is used to determine the presence of the Dengue virus in the body.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test a definitive test?
Dengue Antigen test is a definitive test in the acute phase of infection with the dengue virus. However, if someone tests negative and highly suspicious of Dengue, antibody tests are required to diagnose. Always get a consultation from your doctor before performing any test or procedure.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test?
Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) and MAC-ELISA are recommended along with dengue antigen (NS 1) test for most accurate results.
What diseases can be detected through the Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test?
Dengue Antigen (Ns1) test is used to detect the presence of the dengue virus in the body.
How can I download my Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test in Hyderabad?
Usually, you can avail of up to a 50% discount on Dengue Antigen (Ns1) Test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.