Book CRP Test in noida
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
What is the process to book a CRP Blood Test in Noida?
What is a CRP Test Used For?
C-reactive protein test is used for measuring the levels of CRP in the body. The levels of CRP in the body can be used as a marker of inflammation. The following are the other reasons why the CRP test is used for:
- To help in detection of the chronic inflammatory condition and treat the same.
- The symptoms of inflammation are fever, nausea, vomiting, chills, and rapid heart rate. These symptoms may indicate infections in the body. And also to understand the extent of inflammation in the body.
- For treating sepsis, which is a life-threatening complication where the body responds to infections, leading to inflammation in the body.
- To monitor chronic inflammatory autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus.
What is included in a CRP Test?
We know that C-reactive protein is produced by the liver as a response to any inflammation in the body. CRP is a non-specific indicator that is the most sensitive acute phase reactant. It gets released into the body within a few hours of an injury or infection or any inflammation.
When the blood samples are collected, it becomes easy for the doctors to understand the risk of inflammation in the body as the CRP levels increase. In a healthy human, the CRP level should be below 3 mg/L.
CRP Test Procedure
C-reactive protein is measured from the blood sample which is collected from the vein. This blood sample is drawn from your arm. The collection of the blood samples can be either done at the hospital, clinic laboratory, or home. If you wish to take the test at home, please find the CRP test on the MFine app.
- A phlebotomist will collect the blood sample from the vein in your arm.
- A rubber tourniquet will be placed around your upper arm.
- Once the tourniquet is placed, you may be asked to pump your fist a few times, so that the vein can be detected.
- Before inserting the needle into the vein, the area will be cleaned using an alcohol wipe.
- Once the area is dry, the needle is inserted to collect the blood sample.
How to Prepare for the CRP Test?
|Before the test||During the test|
|It is a good practice to get your medications reviewed by the doctor before taking the test. Medications such as statins and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can affect the CRP levels. There are supplements made using magnesium which can also affect the CRP level.||There might be a slight sensation when the needle is inserted. Once the tourniquet is removed, the needle will be withdrawn. Apply slight pressure and place a bandage.|
Things to consider after the CRP Test is completed.
Once the blood sample is collected, there might be slight pain or bruising where the needle was inserted. However, these symptoms will disappear quickly. The chances of infection or light-headedness happen very rarely.
What Type of Infections can a CRP Test detect?
A CRP blood test is used for identifying or monitoring health conditions that cause inflammation such as:
- Fungal infections: Multiple complications are associated with fungal infections. Fungal infections can affect any part of the body. They can lead to acute liver failure or chronic disease.
- Bacterial infections: Bacterial infection is a serious health complication in patients with liver diseases. This can also be fatal in most cases. abscess, acute hepatitis, tuberculosis, and many other liver diseases occur due to bacterial infections.
- Inflammatory bowel disease: If a person is suffering from inflammatory bowel disease, then the intestine is either inflamed or damaged. In most cases, the damage is reversible. The common symptom of inflammation is pain abdomen. Inflammatory bowel disease can be diagnosed with the health of blood tests, CT scans, MRI scans, and ultrasounds.
- Autoimmune disorders: Autoimmune diseases occur when the body’s immune system attacks our own cells resulting in inflammation. If the condition is left untreated, the inflammation eventually turns into the destruction of the organ and thereby increasing the chances of permanent loss of function.
- Bone infections: Osteomyelitis is a type of bone infection. This is caused when the infections travel through the bloodstream to the bone or the nearby tissue. Osteomyelitis can also lead to liver diseases.
- Heart diseases: Elevated CRP levels can indicate the risk of heart diseases and the risk of second heart attack.
How much does the CRP Test Cost?
The cost of the CRP test may vary from city to city. However, the starting price is between ₹150 and ₹400.
|City Name||Starting Price|
|Book CRP Test in Bangalore||₹ 263|
|Book CRP Test in Delhi||₹ 159|
|Book CRP Test in Kolkata||₹ 263|
|Book CRP Test in Chennai||₹ 263|
|Book CRP Test in Mumbai||₹ 378.6|
|Book CRP Test in Hyderabad||₹ 208|
|Book CRP Test in Noida||₹ 159|
|Book CRP Test in Gurgaon||₹ 159|
|Book CRP Test in Pune||₹ 263|
How long does it take to get CRP Test Results?
Once the blood sample is dropped at the lab, the sample will be further analyzed and the result will be available on the MFine app within the next 24-48 hours for download.
Is CRP a Definitive Test?
A CRP test is not diagnostic but can provide information on whether the inflammation is present in the body or not. The source of inflammation cannot be determined using the CRP test. However, the levels of CRP in the body helps in understanding the signs and symptoms that can help in determining the acute or chronic inflammatory disease. Based on the CRP test results, the doctor will recommend further testings and medications.
How to read the CRP Blood Test Report?
CRP is measured in milligrams of CRP per litre of blood (mg/L). Ideally, the levels of CRP in a healthy person is below 3 mg/L. Also, please note that the normal reference range may vary from lab to lab.
|The C-reactive protein level in adults||Unit (milligrams per litre of blood) mg/L||What does it interpret|
|Below 3 and 10||mg/L||Slightly elevated (due to pregnancy, common cold, or gingivitis)|
|Between 10 and 100||mg/L||Moderately elevated (due to infection or inflammation)|
|Between 100 and 500||mg/L||High (due to major trauma)|
|500 and above||mg/L||Severely elevated (due to bacterial infection)|
The above table is an explanation of the sample report. Please avoid self-medication and always consult a doctor for a better interpretation of the test results.
Why book a CRP blood test in Noida?
- To diagnose Infections caused by bacteria, viruses and fungus.
- To diagnose tissue damage to heart, kidneys, liver, bones and other vital internal organs.
- If you haven't been feeling well lately, you should consider getting yourself checked and consulting the doctor.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does it measure?
What happens to your sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
- Infection caused by pathogens
- Inflammation caused by cancer, heart disease, physical injuries, surgery and trauma.