Anti HCV Test in Delhi
Request a Call Back
How to book an Anti HCV test in Delhi?
What is an Anti HCV test used for?
An anti HCV test is done to detect antibodies present in the body in response to the Hepatitis C Virus. It helps determine the cause of many subsets of symptoms affecting the liver and other associated organs in the body. Hepatitis C or HCV, if left untreated, may cause long-term liver diseases and/or death.
It is also a primary surveillance tool for controlling the spread of the Hepatitis C Virus. Anyone with recent exposure to an infected individual, especially a healthcare worker, should get tested on a routine basis.
Hepatitis C Virus has been a major reason for liver transplantation worldwide and therefore, anti HCV test plays a pivotal role in reducing this health burden.
What is included in the Anti HCV test?
Antibodies are proteins produced in our bodies to fight infections. Our immune system functions to detect any microorganism that poses a threat to the normal working of organs. Once such microorganisms are detected, antibodies are manufactured by the host, which may take a few days to weeks. These antibodies bind to the antigen, in this case, the Hepatitis C Virus, forming an antigen-antibody complex thus eliminating or modifying the virus.
Our liver works to filter blood and helps break down poisonous substances such as alcohol and drugs and drives away waste from the body by producing bile.
When the liver is infected with Hepatitis C Virus, it can produce the following symptoms:
- Nausea or lightheadedness
- Dark urine
- Gray or clay-coloured stools
- Reduced appetite
- Yellow colour skin (jaundice)
- Stomach or lower abdomen pain
- Severe disease can also lead to mental confusion and profuse swelling of the abdomen, and hands and feet.
The presence or absence of antibodies to the Hepatitis C Virus are confirmed with an anti HCV test.
Procedure for an Anti HCV test
- A small amount of blood under absolutely aseptic conditions will be drawn from your vein near the arm or forearm with a sterile, disposable needle and syringe.
- A tourniquet will be applied around the upper part of the arm. You will feel a small prick while the needle is in place.
- The tourniquet will be removed once the blood is taken in the syringe. A small, disposable bandage will be applied to the pricked site to minimize the pooling of blood and prevent infection.
- The blood sample is then stored in proper devices to be transported to the designated laboratory.
- Antibodies are confirmed with the help of the Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) test. The ELISA test is the gold standard for such antibody-linked tests and has a high reliability and sensitivity rate.
How to prepare for an Anti-HCV test
- You will need to inform your physician or doctor, lab technician and caregiver about any existing medicines being taken or any procedure that you have undergone in the past year.
- Food intake does not interfere with the collection of samples and therefore, there is no need to fast before sample collection.
- A comfortable sitting posture is advised for the test with a hands-on armrest.
- One must practice breathing with intermediate long breaths to facilitate smooth sample collection after pinprick and minimize discomfort.
- You must monitor yourself for any signs of dizziness and nausea while a blood sample is being taken.
Things to consider after anti HCV test is complete
The lab technician will instruct you to sit comfortably for some time while you recover from the procedure. It is recommended that you monitor and inform the technician/doctor immediately if you experience dizziness and nausea. Slight amount of soreness and discoloration around the puncture site may be experienced. Depending on the test results, your doctor may advise you to also undergo an RNA test to further determine the viral load (viremia) in the body. It is known as the HCV RNA test.
*What types of infection can an Anti HCV test detect?
An anti HCV test can detect infection with Hepatitis C Virus by confirming the presence of antibodies to the virus in the body with the help of an ELISA test.
How much does an anti HCV test cost?*
The average cost of an anti HCV test in major Indian cities has been listed below.
|Book anti HCV test in Delhi||1001|
|Book anti HCV test in Ahmedabad||954|
|Book anti HCV test in Mumbai||676|
|Book anti HCV test in Chennai||795|
|Book anti HCV test in Indore||712|
*Disclaimer: The value varies based on location, time, and your preferred lab partner.
How long does it take to get the results for the Anti HCV test?
You can expect to get the results for the anti HCV test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal Anti HCV test results indicate?
Interpretation of an anti HCV test includes the presence or absence of antibodies to the Hepatitis C Virus.
A positive report may indicate the presence of infection from the Hepatitis C Virus causing liver cirrhosis, liver failure, cancer or any other related conditions around the liver. Once positive, you may be advised to get an RNA test done to confirm the presence of the Hepatitis virus in your blood.
A negative or normal result, on the other hand, indicates the absence of Hepatitis C Virus in the body.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your doctor for interpreting the test reports.
Is an Anti HCV a definitive test?
An anti HCV test is a relatively definitive test which means that the results may be falsely positive or negative depending on the time when a blood sample was tested. If a person gets infected with Hepatitis C Virus and gets tested for antibodies within a few days, results may show a negative report.
How to read the Anti HCV report?
The test results will appear as:
- Positive: Confirms the presence of antibodies to the Hepatitis C Virus. There are two possibilities in this situation – the antibodies have cleared the virus from the body and the body is completely cured or that the virus is still circulating within the body and needs to be addressed.
- Negative or normal: Confirms the current absence of antibodies to the Hepatitis C Virus.
There is no reference range for this test as it does not measure specific amounts of any particular substance.
Why book an Anti HCV test?
Anti HCV test is a primary screening tool for Hepatitis C Virus in the body. The early detection of the virus may prevent many associated conditions and improve quality of life. One must undergo an anti HCV test if any of the following holds true:
- If your mother is or was a Hepatitis C Virus carrier or sufferer.
- You have received blood from a Hepatitis C Virus blood donor.
- You had sexual contact or intercourse with an HCV positive individual.
- Received coagulant therapy before the 1980s.
- You were exposed to the Hepatitis C Virus in the last 6 months.
- You may or may not have symptoms of liver disease but still are a carrier of the virus.
- Someone is a known case of HIV.
- You are a health worker with possible exposure to Hepatitis positive patients.
- Before any major surgery.
- During pregnancy.
All these ensure and possibly rule out the chances of having Hepatitis once you get an anti HCV test done.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends testing of all individuals exposed to the virus or when a potential threat for infection exists.
Anti HCV test at home – how does it work?
The anti HCV test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick.
Are there any risks involved with Anti HCV?
The needle prick may induce bleeding, soreness and discomfort for a while after the procedure is complete. One may even feel light-headed and all these symptoms usually subside on their own and rarely require special attention.
What can affect the results of Anti HCV tests?
When done in an early stage of exposure or infection, results may be false-negative and may prompt one to avoid consultation with a doctor. This may be harmful and is not advisable. The possibility of an infection or any associated condition must be ruled out completely.
Past infection with the Hepatitis C Virus or exposure not amounting to significant infection or symptoms may not be detected through an anti HCV test. A mild infection with or without symptoms may also be reported as negative for the virus.
Why book an Anti HCV test?
- Anti HCV test helps to detect the antibodies of the Hepatitis C virus. Hepatitis virus is one of the lethal viruses which can harm our health to a great extent, and treating the infection at its premature phase is the only way to safeguard ourselves from any permanent harm. There are several circumstances when patients are suggested to critically track their HCV profile. These situations are as follows:
- During pregnancy.
- Suffering from HIV.
- Before major surgeries.
- Persistent Liver diseases.
- Hepatitis infected parents.
- Received blood donation from an infected person.
- Sexual intercourse with Hepatitis C infected person.
- Above all of these scenarios, health care professionals are also required to undergo an Anti-HCV test. From your device, you can instantly schedule an Anti-HCV test in Delhi using the MFine App.
For further assistance
Book Anti HCV Test Near Me in Delhi | MFine
Book Anti HCV Test Near Me in Delhi | MFine
What does the Anti HCV test measure?
What Preparation is needed for the Anti HCV test?
- The Anti-HCV test is a straightforward technique that requires no prior preparation. Your blood samples will be collected in vials by a lab specialist in the sample collection stage.
- To minimize any unwanted effects, keep the technician informed about your ongoing treatments and medications during collection.
- You can examine all of your previous reports and levels to see how the medications you've been taking have impacted your health. Additionally, you can wear a half-sleeved shirt to make testing easier.
- Any specific preparations and procedures for efficient processing should be reviewed with a doctor.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
- The Anti HCV test determines the Hepatitis C virus antibodies in the body. The normal profile is defined as the absence of these bodies.
- The presence of these bodies, on the other hand, is regarded abnormal. Abnormal results indicate the presence of antibodies to the hepatitis virus in the blood.
- Abnormal results indicate that a profile has hepatitis virus or that one has had prior exposure to the virus.
- Odd outcomes can result in liver infections, tumors, and other issues. To confirm the anomalies, doctors recommend an RNA test. If you have any Hepatitis symptoms, you may easily get an Anti HCV test in Delhi with MFine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Delhi?
Yes, you can use your device to collect the sample at home for the HCV test. For easier sampling, you can choose the most convenient day and time window. MFine can assist you in scheduling an Anti-HCV test in Delhi as soon as possible.
What is the cost of the Anti HCV test in Delhi?
In Delhi, there are several sophisticated laboratories, each with its unique method of examining tests and rates. However, the average cost of an Anti HCV test is around Rs. 1,000.
I am staying in Karnataka, can I book the Anti HCV test for my Father staying in Delhi?
Yes, you can book an Anti HCV test for your parents or any other family members who live anywhere in the country, including Delhi, with the help of the MFine app.
How can I reschedule my appointment for Anti HCV sampling?
You can quickly reschedule sample collection on MFine even after you’ve selected a day and time for convenient sampling. After arranging an anti HCV sample test, you will have the option of rescheduling the sample collection day and time.
Is the lab technician coming for Anti HCV test sample collection vaccinated?
Our lab technicians have certainly completed all of the required vaccinations. When collecting samples, they wear a mask, sanitizer, and gloves for added protection.
When is the Anti HCV test recommended?
Patients who have one or more than one for the following illnesses are recommended to proceed with Anti HCV test:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Decreased appetite
- Dark urine
- Grey or clay-colored stools
- Stomach or lower abdomen pain
Is a prescription required to book an Anti HCV test?
No, an Anti HCV test does not require a doctor’s prescription. If you have any Anti HCV symptoms, you should get an Anti HCV test very soon. MFine offers same-day appointments in any of Delhi’s labs.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes, in addition to reporting, MFine offers result interpretation. After the lab test, you will have the chance to meet with a doctor for a free consultation to ensure that you understand your results completely. Based on the information we provide, our doctor may make recommendations and perhaps prescribe drugs.
Is the Anti HCV test a definitive test?
Anti HCV testing is typically a conclusive test, but the outcome is greatly dependent on when the blood sample is taken. If a person has the Hepatitis C Virus and difficulties with antibodies within a few days of being sick, the results may be harmful. With the help of MFine, you can schedule an Anti HCV test in Delhi right away.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Anti HCV test?
To confirm the presence of hepatitis C infection, your practitioner may propose you undergo an ‘ELISA’ test and determine RNA characteristics with an ‘HCV RNA’ test, along with an Anti HCV test.
What diseases can be detected through the Anti HCV test?
Anti HCV tests can identify the Hepatitis C virus, which can further indicate liver diseases, disorders, and the presence of cancer tumors in the liver.
How can I download my Anti HCV test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on the Anti HCV test in Delhi?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Anti HCV test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.