Blood Test- The steps for the blood test for immunoglobulin are as follows-
- The skin is cleaned with an antiseptic and a sample of blood is taken from the patient’s vein.
- An elastic band is also placed over the arm before taking a blood sample. This band enhances blood flow through that vein.
- The blood is collected from the vein in a syringe or a vial.
- After taking blood the needle is removed and the area is covered with cotton.
- The blood sample is sent to the lab for a demonstration of IgE.
- When the analysis is completed the result will be available after 24-48 hours on the MFine app.
Skin Prick test- The test for Allergic Rhinitis is the skin prick test. In this test, a part of the skin of an arm is pricked by a needle. Now, the allergen is introduced here. In case of an allergy, the immune system reciprocates and forms an itchy spot there with or with out swelling. The tests are not painful. It may only cause minimal itching.
The skin prick test is also done by additional pricking substances such as-
- Histamine- In case your body does not have any allergic activity, then it will not react to the introduction of histamines. However, this is not a confirmed test for allergens. Sometimes, despite having an allergy the body does not respond to the histamine.
- Glycine or Saline- The skin may respond to glycine which indicates either you have an allergy or sensitive skin. The skin does not always react to the introduction of glycine. Therefore, it does not tend to confirm the allergic activity.
There are several allergy testing kits available in the market. However, these kits are not recommended by doctors or professionals. The test should be done under the proper guidance of an experienced person.