Book Allergic Rhinitis Test in Mumbai
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book an Allergic Rhinitis Test in Mumbai?
What is the Allergic Rhinitis Test used for?
The Allergic Rhinitis Test is used to detect the presence of any allergic reactions due to pollen. The doctor will ask about your symptoms and will go through your condition. They may ask to have a skin prick test. It is used to detect any hypersensitivity of the body, more specifically, the immune system towards the allergen.
What is included in the Allergic Rhinitis test?
The Allergic Rhinitis test includes several tests or as per your doctor’s recommendation. The most common tests are given below-
- Skin Prick Test- In a skin prick test, a small amount of allergen is introduced in the arm of the patient. This is done by slight pricking of the skin of the arm by the needle. If the person is allergic to the given material, then a tiny itchy spot will appear there. It is one of the most common tests for allergic reactions.
- Blood Test- The blood sample is taken to check the immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibody. The IgE antibody is released by the immune system in response to an allergen. Thus, the amount of IgE is estimated through blood samples.
- Patch Test- Sometimes, a patch test is also used to detect any allergic reaction against certain substances. These tests do not include any needles or injections. In the patch test, you may have to wear patches of different substances for a longer period. The patches are worn around the arm for about 48 hours. Patch test includes testing of latex, medications, fragrances, metals, preservatives, hair dyes, and resins.
In case of any doubts regarding sinus problems, the following tests are performed-
- Nasal Endoscopy- Endoscopy consists of a long tube with a camera and light along with it. The tube is inserted inside the nose to check the internal area. The camera in the tube helps the complete visibility of the entire area.
- Nasal Inspiratory Flow Test- In the Nasal Inspiratory test a small instrument is placed near your nose and mouth area. This device measures the amount of airflow when you inhale the air.
- CT Scan- A CT scan or computerised tomography scan makes all the interior organs of the body visible. It is much better than an X-ray.
Procedure for Allergic Rhinitis test
Blood Test- The steps for the blood test for immunoglobulin are as follows-
- The skin is cleaned with an antiseptic and a sample of blood is taken from the patient’s vein.
- An elastic band is also placed over the arm before taking a blood sample. This band enhances blood flow through that vein.
- The blood is collected from the vein in a syringe or a vial.
- After taking blood the needle is removed and the area is covered with cotton.
- The blood sample is sent to the lab for a demonstration of IgE.
- When the analysis is completed the result will be available after 24-48 hours on the MFine app.
Skin Prick test- The test for Allergic Rhinitis is the skin prick test. In this test, a part of the skin of an arm is pricked by a needle. Now, the allergen is introduced here. In case of an allergy, the immune system reciprocates and forms an itchy spot there with or with out swelling. The tests are not painful. It may only cause minimal itching.
The skin prick test is also done by additional pricking substances such as-
- Histamine- In case your body does not have any allergic activity, then it will not react to the introduction of histamines. However, this is not a confirmed test for allergens. Sometimes, despite having an allergy the body does not respond to the histamine.
- Glycine or Saline- The skin may respond to glycine which indicates either you have an allergy or sensitive skin. The skin does not always react to the introduction of glycine. Therefore, it does not tend to confirm the allergic activity.
There are several allergy testing kits available in the market. However, these kits are not recommended by doctors or professionals. The test should be done under the proper guidance of an experienced person.
How to prepare for the Allergic Rhinitis test?
Before the skin pricking test, the doctor will ask about your family history of allergies. They must know if the allergy is hereditary or not. Moreover, they will ask about the symptoms of the disease to get a complete idea about it.
Medications will Cause Obstacles- In the case of your regular medications for allergies; the effect of the skin prick test will get suppressed. The allergen might not show skin prick tests due to medicines. The doctors may advise you to stop taking the medicines 10 days before it. The medicines which will cause hindrance are-
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Over- the counter antihistamines
- Heartburn medications
Things to consider after the Allergic Rhinitis test is complete
Do not self-diagnose. The results of the test can be collected from the MFine app online. Consult the doctor with the reports.
What types of infection can an Allergic Rhinitis test detect?
The allergy test can be used to determine the diseases concerning-
- Hay fever (allergic rhinitis)- The allergy due to pollen in the air is hay fever. The basic symptoms are congestion, redness, runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose, puffy eyes, redness, or watery eyes.
- Food allergies- A hypersensitivity of the immune system when a certain food is ingested. Common food allergies are milk, eggs, tree nuts (such as walnuts and cashews), Peanuts, Soy, Wheat, fish, shellfish (such as shrimp).
- Allergic asthma- This occurs when the air pathways are extremely sensitive. Entry of any foreign particle inside the tract leads to allergies and symptoms like asthma. The symptoms are congestion, runny nose, post-nasal drip, or sneezing, wheezing, narrowing of airways in lungs, itchiness, redness, or watery eyes, and throat irritation.
- Penicillin allergy- The abnormal behaviour of the immune system against the very common drug penicillin is penicillin allergy. Common symptoms of penicillin allergy are hives, rash, and itching.
- Bee venom allergy- Bee venom allergy or anaphylaxis is a life-threatening condition. Some people develop this disease after getting a bee sting. This condition requires emergency treatment. The symptoms include skin reactions such as hives and itching, swelling of the throat and tongue, Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, or fainting.
- Dermatitis (eczema)- In dermatitis, the skin becomes red, swollen, and sore. It causes small blisters accompanying skin irritation. The main symptom includes flakiness, rashes, dryness, fissures, redness, bumps, or peeling.
Allergic rhinitis test detects allergy to pollen.
How much does the Allergic Rhinitis test cost?
The Allergic Rhinitis test cost varies from different states all over India. Moreover, they do differ according to the pathology lab chosen for the test. The average cost of the test is anywhere between Rs.2000 to Rs.4000.
How long does it take to get the results for the Allergy test?
You can expect to get the results for the allergic rhinitis test within 24 to 48 hours after the sample is collected. However, in certain cases, depending on the location, medical advice and preferred lab partner, it may take longer.
What do abnormal results of the Allergy rhinitis testindicate?
If the IgE in your blood level comes higher than the normal number, then the person is more likely to have an allergy. The IgE is the immunoglobulin secreted against any allergen. The allergen enters the body and immune system on recognising it as a foreign particle, attacks it. This is made through IgE.
Is a Rhinitis test definitive test?
Rhinitis includes tests for allergy due to pollen grains. It is often called hay fever. However, this is not definitive. Therefore, always consult your doctor before and after the test.
How to read the Rhinitis test report?
Its better to consult with a doctor and interpret the results.
Why book Allergic Rhinitis test?
The reasons to book Allergic Rhinitis test are-
- To detect any allergic reactions in the body.
- More specifically, determination of any allergy due to pollen in the air.
- To detect the functioning and hypersensitivity of the immune system of the human body.
Allergy Test at home – how does it work?
The Rhinitis test is just like any other blood test. A lab technician visits your home when you book your tests through the MFine app. The lab technician first cleans the arm and then inserts a syringe into a vein. The required amount of blood is then taken into a vial. The lab technician then removes the needle and places cotton wool or a bandage over the prick. If one is advised a skin prick or patch test, one may have to visit a lab.
Are there any risks involved with the Rhinitis test?
There are usually no risks involved with the Rhinitis test. The test is a simple blood test to detect the amount of IgE. You may experience little itching after having a skin prick test for hay fever and in rare cases, severe reactions occur. Sometimes, people get drowsy after a blood test, which is just for a few minutes.
What can affect the results of the Allergic Rhinitis test?
The effects of the test can be altered due to medications and alcohol intake. Therefore, it is recommended to not take any medicines before 5 to 10 days of the test, based on doctor’s advise. Drugs like Antihistamines, Tricyclic Antidepressants, Xolair (The Asthma Medication Omalizumab) should not have before the test.
Why book an Allergic Rhinitis Test?
- Booking an allergic rhinitis test is essential when a patient gets the symptoms of certain allergic issues. These allergic symptoms can be cough, cold, frequent sneezing, and throat infections.
- The need becomes a necessity when these allergies start attacking the respiratory functioning of the body. These allergies are due to certain elements like pet dander, dust mites, or pollen grains.
- Each person dealing with these allergies has distinct symptoms, and thus the treatment is also different.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the allergic rhinitis test measure?
- There are several antibodies present in our bodies to fight against allergic agents. These agents also prevent the body from adapting any allergic reaction to the effects of the allergens. An allergic rhinitis test measures the levels of antibodies in the body. This clarifies the capacity of the body to fight allergic agents.
- The test also identifies the body sensitivity against any particular agent. Different human bodies are sensitive to different allergic agents, and thus the reaction may also vary. Specialist decides the treatment to increase the levels of antibodies and prevent it from the allergic agent by this report.
What preparation is needed for an allergic rhinitis test?
- No preparation is required to undergo the allergic rhinitis test. Previous tests and medical reports are necessary to share with the specialist to go through the test. If the patient is dealing with any type of constant disorder like hypertension, thyroid, or diabetes, the line of treatment will be according to it.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Andheri, Mumbai?
Yes, it is easy to get an at-home sample collection facility in any part of Mumbai through MFine. You just have to select the option of sample collection at the time of booking. All the details like location, area, time, and date are some mandatory fields that are required to avail of this service.
What is the cost of an allergic rhinitis test in Mumbai?
The cost of an allergic rhinitis test in Mumbai is around INR 1000 to 1700. This cost may be different for different testing laboratories by their facilities and infections. The cost can vary in case of testing variation for some special allergies and infections.
I stay in Delhi. Can I book an allergic rhinitis test for my grandmother staying in Mumbai?
MFine provides you the privilege to book the allergic rhinitis test for any distant location. You just have to book with all proper details like location, area, time, and date for the testing. This booking can also provide you with the facility of sample collection and report delivery for any location.
Is the lab technician coming for allergic rhinitis test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is an allergic rhinitis test recommended?
The specialist recommends an allergic rhinitis test to get the level of antibodies present in the body. The symptoms like frequent headaches, breathing problems, and constant infection in the eyes and ears locate the signs of certain allergies. These allergies may be due to dust mites, pollens, etc. to get an idea about such allergies, this test is necessary.
Is a prescription required to book an allergic rhinitis test?
To book the allergic rhinitis test does not need any type of prescription. The specialist recommends getting an idea for some symptoms. Booking an allergic rhinitis test on MFine does not demand any prescription.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the allergic rhinitis test definitive?
No, this allergic rhinitis testing does not fall under the category of definitive test.
What other tests are usually recommended along with allergic rhinitis tests?
The allergic rhinitis test is essential to get the cause of some symptoms like cold, headache, skin rashes, and frequent throat infections. The specialist recommends the testing for some special food items and elements. This is to get clarity about the infection.
What diseases can be detected through the allergic rhinitis test?
The allergic rhinitis test detects diseases like asthma, migraine, and respiratory disorders. The allergens usually attack the throat and lungs. It affects the respiratory functions of the body. The indication about some skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis is also possible by this test.
How can I download my allergic rhinitis test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Are there any discount offers running on allergic rhinitis tests in Mumbai?
Usually, you can avail yourself up to a 50% discount on allergic rhinitis tests through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.