COVID RT-PCR Test in Chennai
1 Test Included
This package covers
- Indicates if you currently have the COVID-19 infection
- Note 1 : It is a nasal/oral swab test
- Note 2 : Same day pickup available in Delhi-NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Kolkata and Bangalore region.
- Disclaimer 1: For travelling purposes, please ensure the name is as per govt ID proof.
- Disclaimer 2: Vaccination status will be required and Covid Positive Reports will be made available as per local municipal corporation guidelines.
- Disclaimer 3: Owing to surge in demand, there may be delays in sample collection.
Why should you book this package?
To check if you have an active COVID-19 infection
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 infection
If you had close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19
Select mfine Lab Partner
- Reliable and accurate reports
- Best in class infrastructure
- Team of qualified medical professionals
Tests Included (1)
Rt Pcr For Sars Cov2(1)
- A certified lab technician will be assigned for your sample collection 12-24 hrs prior to your scheduled appointment
- Samples will be collected at your house by Lab Technician during the scheduled window
- Online consultation with a senior doctor will be scheduled for you along with the reports
- Based on your results, our senior doctor will share their advice & a personalized prescription
What is the RT-PCR Test?
The RT PCR full form is Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction. It's a costly molecular biology technology that generates millions of copies of an initially small segment of Covid RNA. Usually, the viral sample, when taken from the nasopharyngeal region, is too little to be detected by any lab machine or kit. i.e., they may or may not reflect the actual test result. But what a PCR machine does is that it generates large copies of an initially small segment of Covid RNA and tells you specifically if the Covid virus has infected you.
The Covid-19 pandemic is rapidly growing, and there are a rising number of cases being reported worldwide. Several tests have come up in the past, such as TruNat, antigen test, rapid antibody test, RT PCR and others to detect the infection.
However, according to regulatory authorities such as the FDA and Food & Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the RT PCR is the most accurate testing method to detect Covid-19. It is considered a definitive and gold standard test procedure for determining the Covid-19 infection.
Book Covid test at home in Chennai using MFine App now to get tested.
Who should get the RT PCR test done?
Of late, if you have been infected or feel that you've gotten in touch with someone who might be infected, you should consider getting a Covid-19 test done. Book Corona test at home in Chennai using MFine App or website if
- You show symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, body pains or sore throat.
- You have interacted with a Covid infected person.
- You visited a high-risk region and feared you might be infected.
- You are currently recovering from the disease and require a re-test.
Steps for Online Covid Test Booking in Chennai
To book an RT PCR test in Chennai,
- Login to MFine
- Click on the "Lab Tests" icon on the top of your screen
- Select COVID19 RT-PCR Test
- Choose a NABL/ISO certified lab partner from the available list of lab partners
- Add the name and address of the patient
- Select an available date and time slot
- Make an online payment, and you are good to go.
At the appointed date and time, a Lab Technician (LT) will visit your home to collect the swab sample, and the report for the same will be updated on the MFine app within 48 hours.
After getting your test results, get in touch with one of our doctors available online for a free consultation.
Alternatively, you could also type "Covid test near me MFine" in the Google search bar to book a Covid test online.
Please don't forget to check out our other health packages available online. We aim to make medical care affordable and accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere!
Documents required to book covid test at home
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, mandates Aadhar card and your phone number for a Covid test. The purpose is to keep track of the suspected patient should there be any medical emergency.
How is the RT-PCR test done?
- A Lab Technician (LT) will visit your home at the appointed time.
- The diagnosis of Covid-19 involves a simple swab test. The sample is usually taken from the nose or throat (nasopharyngeal/throat swab) using a swab stick.
- You may feel uncomfortable, but the procedure is quickly over in a few seconds.
- Your sample is then sent to a NABL accredited lab of your choice (done at the time of booking).
- Your report will be available for download on the MFine app within 48 hours after sample collection.
What is Covid-19 Test Price in Chennai?
The RT PCR Test Cost in Chennai is Rs. 500/- approximately. Please note these prices may fluctuate depending on the availability of lab partners in the city and your geographical location.
How to download the Covid-19 test report?
You can download your RT PCR test results in 3 simple steps:
- Click on the top left-hand side icon having three horizontal lines on the MFine app.
- Navigate to the RECORDS section. Select "Health Files"
- Select "Attachment and Reports"
How to check covid reports online?
RT PCR test reports are pretty simple to understand. The report has basic details such as your name, age, address, date & time of sample collection and interpretation of your test results, whether positive or negative.
If the test results are positive, consult a general physician on the MFine app or website, and one of our doctors will get in touch with you shortly.
Covid-19 has a low fatality rate, and most people don't need hospitalisation. However, doctors may prescribe an HRCT Chest Scan or advise hospitalisation if you present moderate to severe symptoms.
Third Wave Alert in India (2022):
India seems to be clearly in its third wave of Covid-19. According to genome sequencing reports, Omicron has been responsible for most positive infections across Delhi NCR, Mumbai and Kolkata. However, even though Omicron is considered more infectious than the Delta variant, their severity (higher hospitalisation rates, ICUs and deaths) is likely to be lower.
Cause of Third Wave:
There are several reasons:
- Genetic Mutations: The Omicron variant has about 30 mutations in its S-Proteins compared to the Delta variant, which has only about 9. The higher the S-Protein mutations, the higher can be its transmissibility rate. i.e., a single person can infect up to six other people. (considering the recent events in South Africa).
- Social Gatherings: The risk of spreading the infection in crowded places or places with insufficient ventilation is higher. Outbreaks have often been reported in places where people gather in large numbers, often in crowded indoor settings such as restaurants, bars, festivals, and places of worship.
- Not following COVID-19 protocols: It includes not wearing masks and not maintaining good hygiene.
COVID Second Wave and its Cause in India:
The second wave in India had come as a surprise for most people and the new variants, especially with the number of COVID-19 cases spiralling down towards the end of 2020. As a result, people let their guard down, which allowed the virus to spread, even more, causing the second wave of COVID-19.
Why is the COVID Third Wave in India concerning?
Compared to the Delta variant, the Omicron has a higher mutation in their Spike Proteins, meaning they may have a greater binding capacity to ACE2 receptors present in the alveoli cells, leading to an increased entry of viruses into your lungs. Genetic mutations mean the Omicron may have a higher replication rate and viral load than the Delta variant.
Further, higher mutations in the S-protein could mean a lower antigen-antibody immune response generated by the vaccine, i.e., which may cause a decreased efficacy of the vaccine.
Also, the Reproductive Rate (degree of spreadability of the infection, i.e., how many people can one person infect) of Omicron is significantly higher than in the Delta. i.e., one infected person can infect up to six other people. These figures are very evident, considering the recent events in South Africa. The Omicron variant has only taken a few weeks to spread compared to the Delta variant, which took a couple of months.
Covid Test Price in India
The current cost comparison in India is as follows:
|Sr. No||State/city||Cost Range|
|1.||Book a Covid RT-PCR test in Mumbai||Rs. 500 onwards|
|2.||Book a Covid RT-PCR test in Hyderabad||Rs. 750 onwards|
|3.||Book a Covid RT-PCR test in Chennai||Rs. 600 onwards|
|4.||Book a Covid RT-PCR test in Kolkata||Rs. 700 onwards|
|5.||Book a Covid RT-PCR test in Delhi||Rs. 500 onwards|
|6.||Book a Covid RT-PCR test in Jaipur||Rs. 600 onwards|
|7.||Book a Covid RT-PCR test in Ahmedabad||Rs. 400 onwards|
|8.||Book a Covid RT-PCR test in Agra||Rs. 900 onwards|
|9.||Book a Covid RT-PCR test in Noida||Rs. 500 onwards|
FAQs Around Covid RT PCR Test
How long does it take to get the covid-19 test results?
Post submission of the swab sample, it takes about 48 hours to get the test results.
How accurate is the rapid covid test?
An RT PCR test is the most reliable diagnostic test for Covid-19 and is considered highly accurate compared to all other tests for COVID-19.
Are there any side effects of the RT PCR test?
The RT PCR test is a simple procedure. No known side effect has been reported as of date.
What is the difference between TrueNat and RT-PCR?
The RT PCR test requires a large laboratory backed with cold storage and trained experts to handle the equipment. TrueNat, on the other hand, is a portable device designed to work at remote locations and is considered the 'last mile diagnostics'. However, RT PCR has better sensitivity and specificity than TrueNat.
Should my family get tested, too, if the doctor has prescribed an RT-PCR test for me?
Yes, your family needs to get tested if you test positive and have been in close contact with them. You can easily book a coronavirus test online in Chennai through the MFine App or website.
Should I get a second Covid test done post quarantine?
If you have been infected with COVID-19, according to the new guidelines, repeat RT PCR is not needed unless the doctor advises.
Can kids or elderly people get the RT-PCR test done?
Yes. The RT PCR test is considered safe for kids and the elderly.
What are the COVID-19 symptoms I should be aware of?
The most commonly reported symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, fatigue, and dry cough. Other COVID symptoms also include:
- Generalised body pains
- Muscle/joint pain
- Loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite, confusion
- Shortness of breath
- Nasal congestion and runny nose
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, you should consider booking an online doctor consultation as soon as possible.
Does coronavirus disease affect individuals of all age groups?
Individuals of all age groups can be infected with the coronavirus. However, the elderly, immunocompromised and people with comorbid health conditions are more likely to experience severe symptoms. Consider performing a COVID-19 risk assessment test to understand all the risk factors of COVID-19 better.
I came in close contact with a COVID infected person. What should I do now?
- Self quarantine yourself from other family members immediately
- Wear a mask
- Consult a general physician
- Get an RT PCR test done immediately
How long can you test positive for covid-19?
After being infected with the virus, you may remain positive for 7 - 10 days. But the infection may last longer in the elderly, immunocompromised and people with comorbidities.
Can an antibody test detect the COVID-19 virus?
An antibody test cannot detect Covid-19 infection accurately. It's used to check for antibodies you've developed in response to a previous Covid-19 infection. A COVID-19 antibody test is done to understand your immunity levels against the infection.
Can I avail at-home sample collection for a Covid RT-PCR Test on weekends?
Yes. At MFine, we provide at-home sample collection on all days of the week.
Is fasting required for a Covid RT-PCR Test?
An RT PCR test does not require a fast.
What samples are collected for a Covid RT-PCR Test?
The diagnosis of Covid-19 involves a simple swab test. The sample is usually taken from the nose or throat (nasopharyngeal/throat swab) using a swab stick.
When will I receive my test results for a Covid RT-PCR Test?
Your test results will be updated on the MFine app or web within 24 hours after sample collection.
Will I get the result interpretation for my test results?
Yes. You can also avail yourself of a free doctor consultation after receiving the test results. One of our doctors will advise you on the best medical treatment going forward.
Can Covid RT-PCR Test detect cancer?
Covid RT-PCR does not detect cancers.
Covid RT-PCR Test v/s Covid Antigen testing. Which is better?
According to regulatory authorities such as the FDA and Food & Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the RT PCR is the most accurate testing method to detect Covid-19. It is considered a definitive and gold standard test procedure for determining the Covid-19 infection.
What should I do if I test negative?
Even though you test negative, you should continue taking precautionary measures such as wearing a mask, washing your hands frequently, and practising social distancing.
What should I do next after I test positive for Covid-19?
Get in touch with a doctor immediately who'd advise you on the best medical treatment plan for you. Also, you should continue taking all precautionary measures such as maintaining good hygiene, wearing masks etc.
Is it possible to test negative and later test positive for Covid-19?
If the sample is contaminated or the test fails to detect the virus, it's possible to get a false negative. However, the degree of error in the RT PCR test is very minimal.
What does an inconclusive test result mean?
There is a particular threshold for the detection of viral genetic material. If the collected sample does not meet this threshold, it is considered presumptive positive, which means it is wise to report it as positive unless proved otherwise to prevent the further spread of the virus. Therefore the term inconclusive is sometimes reported in test results.