COVID RT-PCR Test in Agra
1 Test Included
This package covers
- Checks the presence of active SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Indicates if you currently have the COVID-19 infection
- Reports will be available within 24 hours from sample pickup
- Note 1 : It is a nasal/oral swab test
- Note 3 : 24 hours report available in Delhi-NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Bangalore region
- Same day pickup available in Delhi-NCR and Bangalore region
Why should you book this package?
To check if you have an active COVID-19 infection
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 infection
If you had close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19
Currently, We are unable to provide
Service at your selected address.
Please select another location
RT PCR Test in Agra: Procedure & Test Results
What is the COVID-19 RT PCR test?
The RT PCR test in Agra is a diagnostic procedure used to determine the presence of the virus causing COVID-19. (Sars -Cov-2) Being highly accurate, it is considered to be one of the most reliable methods to detect an active coronavirus infection. During the procedure, the lab technician uses a sterile swab to carefully collect the contents from inside your throat or nose. Once collected, they are sent to a lab in your locality in Agra for a detailed analysis.
While the COVID-19 RT PCR test is MFine's most popular health assessment considering the ongoing pandemic situation, MFine also offers a variety of other health packages like full body check, thyroid profile, vitamin profile, allergy assessment, diabetes screening etc.
Alert for COVID Second Wave in India (2021)
With the unprecedented surge of COVID-19 cases in India, renewed COVID restrictions have been imposed to delay the spread of the virus. The second wave in India may have come as a surprise for most people. This is because of the steady downward trend in cases towards the end of 2020.
What caused the second wave of COVID-19 in India?
There isn’t one exact reason for the surge of COVID cases. However, it can be attributed to a number of factors.
- The mutation of the virus. The second wave in India may have been triggered by various mutations of the virus. This includes the UK strain, the double mutant strain, etc.
- Large number of gatherings. This may be due to the election season in a few states, or even just large-scale ceremonies.
- Not following COVID-19 prevention protocols. This includes individuals not wearing masks, sanitizing regularly, etc. This behavior is mainly attributed to “pandemic fatigue”
Why is the COVID second wave in India concerning?
The second wave in India is extremely concerning because of the contagious nature of the newly mutated virus. A common misconception is that the 18-45 age group is more susceptible to the novel coronavirus. However, the mutated virus proved this statement wrong by affecting several individuals in this age group. Unfortunately, the new COVID strain in India is also affecting children.
What are the new COVID symptoms I need to look for?
While the new COVID strain is causing new symptoms to appear, it does not mean that the old symptoms are no longer seen. If you are COVID positive, you may experience fever, body pains, extreme fatigue, throat pain, cough, shortness of breath, etc.
In addition to this, you may also experience the following symptoms:
- Vomiting/ Nausea
- Loose Motion
- Skin rash
If you or a loved one experiences any of the above-mentioned symptoms, book an RT PCR test immediately. It is also recommended that you consult a pulmonologist online, who can assist you in your recovery process. If your infection is severe, or if your oxygen saturation level drops below 90, the doctor may ask you to perform a HRCT Chest Scan as well.
Who should book an online COVID test in Agra?
Agra is experiencing a heightened increase in COVID-19 cases during the second wave of the pandemic. It is still imperative to identify the instances where one should perform an RT PCR test in Agra.
Book an online COVID test in Agra if:
- You present COVID 19 symptoms, such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, and sore throat
- You’ve moved to a new town or city
- You closely interacted with a COVID infected person
- You’ve visited a high-risk region
- You are caring for a COVID infected person
- You are currently recovering from the disease and require a re-test
If the above-mentioned points apply to your situation, or if you have been diagnosed with chronic conditions like obesity, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, etc. then performing an RT PCR test in Agra becomes crucial. In any case, if you have medical questions related to a specific health condition, you can refer to our in-depth medical guides for more information. You can also consult a general doctor in Agra if you have any health concerns.
How can you book an online corona test in Agra?
You can book an online COVID 19 test in Agra after fulfilling the mandatory requirements as per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), which includes:
- Any Government ID, such as a Voter ID, Passport, or Aadhar Card. This is to provide the lab processing the sample with the contact information of the suspected patient.
- You will also need to provide travel details and information regarding any interactions with a COVID-19 patient. (If any)
While India has been experiencing a downward trend in COVID cases since May 6th, 2021; it is still crucial to get yourself checked if you present any COVID symptoms. You can schedule an appointment for the COVID RTPCR test in Agra in the following ways:
- At government labs by visiting the centre.
- At private labs or diagnostic centres. You can also simply search for “corona test near me”, on the MFine App to get a list of labs that are currently performing COVID tests near you.
- By booking a coronavirus test online in Agra on the MFine App from the comfort of your home.
How can I book an RT PCR test at home in Agra?
You can book a COVID RT PCR test at home in Agra easily on the MFine App.
The steps you need to follow to book an online corona test in Agraare:
Step 1: Sign in to your MFine account
Step 2: Choose the RT-PCR test
Step 3: Upload your doctor’s prescription and a soft copy of your Government ID
Step 4: Select the date and time slot of your preference
Step 5: The lab technician will arrive at your doorstep to collect your sample
Step 6: Receive your medical reports on the MFine App
Step 7: Avail your free online doctor consultation with a top general doctor in Agra
With MFine, you can receive top healthcare services from the comfort of your home. We aim to make medical care affordable and accessible to anyone, anytime, anywhere! With a complete health package focussing on RT PCR procedure in Agra, you can conveniently access the best medical service to fight the COVID-19 infection online!
How do I interpret my RT PCR results?
- Positive RT PCR Results: A positive result indicates that you have an active COVID-19 infection. If tested positive, you must isolate yourself from your family until you test negative. You can either self-quarantine at home, or you can move to a COVID-19 care centre or hospital in Agra depending on the severity of your symptoms. The most important step you need to take is to consult an online general doctor in Agra and ask for follow-up medical advice. This includes the medications you need to take, dietary changes, and your recovery course. If your infection is severe, or if your oxygen saturation level drops below 90, the doctor may ask you to perform a HRCT Chest Scan as well.
- Negative RT PCR Results: A negative test result indicates that you do not have a COVID-19 infection. However, a negative result should not stop you from following the COVID-19 safety instructions in Agra. Thus, continue social distancing and wear a mask when you leave the house.
Can an antibody test detect the COVID-19 virus?
There’s a common misconception that an antibody test can be used to determine the presence of an active COVID-19 infection. However, as the name suggests, an antibody test can only be used to check for antibodies you’ve developed for the infection. Unlike the COVID RTPCR test, the COVID-19 antibody test is not used for diagnostic purposes. However, if you know someone who was diagnosed with coronavirus disease in the recent past, it is recommended that they perform a COVID-19 antibody test to understand their immunity status against the infection.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS on Online COVID 19 Test in Agra
What are the COVID-19 symptoms I should be aware of?
The most commonly reported symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, fatigue, and dry cough. Other COVID symptoms also include:
- Muscle/joint pain
- Loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite, confusion
- Shortness of breath
- Nasal congestion
- Pain in the chest
If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned symptoms, you should consider booking an online doctor consultation as soon as possible. The doctor may suggest you perform an online corona test in Agra to confirm an infection if there’s any. With an online medical appointment, you will not have to worry about infecting other people.
Does the coronavirus disease affect individuals of all age groups?
Individuals above the age of 60 and with underlying conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, heart problems, etc. are more at risk of developing severe symptoms of COVID-19, if infected. However, it is important to be cautious as anyone can get seriously ill from the coronavirus disease. If you are concerned about having contracted the COVID-19 disease, book a COVID RTPCR test at home in Agra through MFine. Also, consider performing a COVID-19 risk assessment test to get a better understanding of all the risk factors for developing the disease.
I came in close contact with a COVID infected person. What should I do now?
If you’ve interacted with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, then immediately isolate yourself in a room. Wear a mask and maintain at least a 2-meter distance from people near you. In any case, consult a general physician online in your city as soon as possible. They will recommend you for a coronavirus test online in Agra.
Should my family get tested too if the doctor has prescribed an RT-PCR test for me?
Yes, your family needs to get tested as well if you have been in close contact with them. You can easily book a coronavirus test online in Agra on the MFine App.
Do negative COVID test results mean that I can return to work?
If you test negative and do not show any symptoms, you can resume work. Make sure you discuss it with the doctor. In any case, a general doctor in Agra may recommend full body health check up to understand the state of your health after the novel infection.
What is the COVID RT PCR cost in Agra?
You can now book this COVID diagnostic test on our website and the MFine App. The RT PCR cost in Agra starts at ₹1800. If you are searching for “corona test near me”, you can simply log on to the MFine App and get a list of labs that are currently performing COVID tests near you.