Last modified on July 2021
With inputs from Dr.Sreelekha Daruvuri, General Physician
– Allergic bronchitis occurs due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes in the lungs caused by an allergic reaction.
– Symptoms of allergic bronchitis include cough, formation of mucus, wheezing due to bronchitis, and others.
– The key causes of allergic bronchitis are smoking, exposure to irritants, and viral infection in the lungs.
– A bronchitis doctor nearby can check for allergic bronchitis through a chest x-ray, pulmonary function test near me, or a sputum test near me.
– Treatment of allergic bronchitis includes taking steroids, attending oxygen therapy, and pulmonary rehabilitation classes.