Book X-Ray PNS in Mumbai
Request a Call Back
Lab Infrastructure in Mumbai
- Mumbai, one of India’s ‘Economic capital,’ is one of the most urbanized cities worldwide. Mumbai is the second city of Maharashtra with the Pune to attain the place in Tier 1 alongside rapidly-developing other towns. Mumbai’s hospitals are equipped with cutting-edge technology that improves treatment efficiency and allows them to regularly serve many patients.
- There are approximately 350 private and government hospitals in Mumbai and over 250 sub-clinics. In addition, Mumbai’s health department now runs over 600 diagnostic facilities and hospital-based laboratories, where category-specific experts carry out all general tests and treatments.
- Mumbai is known for its top-of-the-class laboratories that are well-organized and diverse. These labs execute thousands of tests every day using high-precision techniques and equipment to provide precise findings.
- Diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol and triglyceride levels have all risen in Mumbai in recent years. Early discovery of such issues is essential because combating them is easier while they are still in the early stages. You can take the help of MFine, and it can arrange for you any medical services, including X-Rays in Mumbai, in a few clicks!
Why book an X-Ray PNS?
The X-Ray PNS scan is a sophisticated diagnostic process that uses X-ray imaging to check the paranasal sinuses. There are numerous reasons one is prescribed to proceed X-Ray of PNS, some of them listed below.
- The scan progresses in order to discover abnormal growths in the paranasal region.
- This method also monitors the paranasal sinuses and surrounding soft tissues.
- One is prescribed to take the X-Ray PNS during a sinus infection, and it is done to detect the state of illness.
- Aside from this, diseases spread in the sinus region due to any bacteria, virus, and fungus are also diagnosed by the scan.
Sinuses infections necessitate medical assistance to minimize the risk of harm. Doctors recommend taking X-Ray of the Sinus at regular intervals and especially during illness in order to curb the infection at its weak state. You can take the help of MFine to book X-Ray PNS in Mumbai.
What are all tests included in the X-Ray PNS?
Sinus X-rays are less uncomfortable than other sinus diagnostics, providing less information. Along with X-Ray PNS, several different procedures are recommended by specialists to pinpoint the source of sinus infections.
Further examinations and prescriptions are based on the patient’s health status and symptoms. The following are the most common diagnostic techniques used with X-Ray PNS.
- Nasal endoscopy
- Culture of the fluid/secretions
- MRI scan of PNS
- CT scan of PNS
What preparation is required for the X-Ray PNS?
X-Ray of PNS scan detects the paranasal sinuses in-depth; hence, it necessitates several extra preparations. However, you don’t need to worry, and preparations are general. First, dress comfortably to avoid discomfort in the middle of the procedure. Disclose your ongoing medical treatments along with any of your allergies and addictions.
Aside from this, you have to remove all metal objects from your body, including jewelery, hairpins, and bangles, as they can lead to inaccurate results. So it’s better to leave them at home. In case you’re Pregnant, breastfeeding or menstruating, inform the doctor.
What is the average cost of the X-Ray PNS in Mumbai?
The cost of X-Ray PNS depends on the city, the lab partner, the specific recommendations made by the physician, and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Mumbai is usually between Rs.250 to Rs.350. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost at the time of booking the appointment.
How to book an X-Ray PNS in Mumbai?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a doctor's prescription mandatory for an X-Ray KUB Test?
Yes, a doctor’s note is mandatory for getting an X-Ray KUB Test done.
Are there any discounts running on MFine for the X-Ray KUB Test?
You can avail up to 50% discount on MFine for an X-Ray KUB Test. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail of through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
Yes, you can reschedule your appointment. However, it is subject to the availability of slots.
How can I download my X-Ray PNS reports?
You can follow the following steps to download the test reports:
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
I finished the X-Ray of PNS. What's next?
An X-ray PNS can be performed at a hospital or an outpatient facility. PNS X-rays are painless and take a few minutes with today’s technology. The procedure usually takes about 30 minutes to complete. However, you can resume your regular schedule after the exam. You may be requested to wait for a little time following the exam to verify that you are comfortable.
Who should have an X-ray for PNS?
The PNS X-ray is requested when the patient has signs of obstructed sinuses as a result of too much mucus build-up, harmful bacteria and germs, allergy, which induces inflammation and pain of the sinuses. Other nasal issues, such as a deviated septum, are common and can be diagnosed via an X-Ray PNS.
What is the age at which all of the sinuses are fully developed?
The paranasal sinuses expand upon birth. The first one to make an appearance is the maxillary sinus, although the Ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses may not even be observable until 3-7 years. The frontal sinuses are the last to mature, and they may not fully develop until adolescence.
Is there a chance of any side effects?
It would be best to ask your healthcare professional about the amount of radiation utilized during the exam. Inquire about the hazards that may apply to you.
How many types of sinuses are there?
The first on the list are the paranasal sinuses located near the nose and connect to the nasal cavity. The term “sinuses” is commonly used to describe these structures. The maxillary, ethmoid, sphenoid, and frontal sinuses are the four paranasal sinuses.
What is the cause of Sinusitis?
Sinusitis is an inflammatory ailment in which the sinuses become obstructed and clogged with fluid. The most prevalent causes are a typical cold or allergies. An infection could occur from an obstruction in sinus drainage.
I'm pregnant. Can I take the X-Ray PNS scan?
No, because the radiation may harm the fetus in the mother’s womb, X-Rays for PNS may not be the safest alternative during pregnancy. As a result, before getting an X-Ray PNS, you should inform your doctor about your pregnancy.
How long does it take to get a PNS X-ray?
The X-ray image is black and white. Body tissues with more fluid content, such as muscles and cavities, appear darker than those with a more solid structure. Although the actual radiation exposure period is usually only a few seconds, the complete test can take up to 15-20 minutes.