Book MRI Scan Brain in Kolkata
- Anomalies in structure and development
- Inflammatory disorders - diseases that cause inflammation.
- Headaches, dizziness, weakness, blurry vision, or seizures are possible symptoms.
- Multiple sclerosis is an example of chronic disease.
- Damaged arteries and veins
- Psychiatric disorders
Request a Call Back
Lab Infrastructure in Kolkata
Over the years, Kolkata’s medical and healthcare infrastructure has grown. With each passing day, Kolkata’s medical and healthcare facilities improve. There are almost 400 public and private hospitals in Kolkata. These hospitals were designed as a way of providing high-quality medical care.
Kolkata is a tier 1 city growing in many areas, particularly in healthcare and medical infrastructure. Furthermore, employing state-of-the-art technologies, more than 760 diagnostic centers can assist patients in establishing the cause of their various disorders.
The abundance of booming healthcare services makes it simple for city dwellers to get a rapid diagnosis anytime they need one. These facilities use cutting-edge technology and specialized infrastructure to provide the best possible care to patients.
Asthma, arthritis, high blood pressure, and diabetes are just a few of the prevalent ailments in Kolkata. In addition, poor waste management exposes Kolkata residents to serious health risks, particularly in the city’s underdeveloped districts. Aside from common ailments, other seasonal diseases, such as dengue and malaria, are more common during the monsoon season, allowing germs and disease-spreading insects to thrive.
If you face any of the following diseases, you can consult a doctor on the MFine, app and have some tests through MFine lab’s partner.
Why book an MRI Scan Brain?
An MRI scan is used to identify injuries, structural abnormalities, or other illnesses in the brain and/or spinal cord, such as:
- Birth anomalies – a type of anomaly that occurs when a child is born.
- Vein malformations
- Hematoma In the subdural space
- Degenerative disorders include multiple sclerosis, hypoxic encephalopathy, and encephalomyelitis.
- Disc degeneration or herniation in the spine
- Nerve decompression or spinal fusion
What all tests are included in the MRI Scan Brain?
MRI Scan Brain uses a variety of imaging modalities, including computed tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET), and single proton emission (SPECT) scans.
- Computed tomography (CT scan): A CT scan can aid in diagnosis by displaying the brain’s affected area. CT scans can diagnose a brain hemorrhage quickly and determine whether someone who has had a stroke can safely receive clot-dissolving medicine intravenously.
- PET scans provide two- and three-dimensional pictures of brain activity by injecting radioactive isotopes into the bloodstream. PET scans can be used to diagnose epilepsy and some memory problems and detect changes in the brain following an injury.
- (SPECT) scan: This is a nuclear imaging test used to assess a patient’s cognitive function.
What preparation is required for the MRI Scan Brain?
Several preparations and precautions must be taken before having an X-ray.
- Choose your outfit with comfort in mind, or you may need to change into hospital gowns to make the process go more smoothly.
- MRI images can be altered by metal artifacts, including jewelry, spectacles, dentures, and hairpins. Leave them at home as a result.
- Any underlying issues, as well as your family’s health, should be disclosed to the doctor.
- Any supplements you’re taking now or in the past should be disclosed to your doctor.
- Don’t forget to mention any allergies you may have.
- You should tell your doctor if you are claustrophobic. The doctor may prescribe drugs to help you relax throughout the procedure.
- Children are frequently given anti-anxiety medication before surgeries to help them relax.
- Aside from that, if any new information becomes available, you will be notified.
What is the average cost of the MRI Scan Brain in Kolkata?
The cost of MRI Scan Brain depends on the city, the lab partner, the specific recommendations made by the physician, and some other factors. The average price of this test in Kolkata ranges from Rs 5000 to Rs 10,000. We highly recommend looking up the actual price when booking the appointment.
How to book MRI Scan Brain in Kolkata?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a doctor's prescription mandatory for an MRI scan?
Yes, a doctor’s note is mandatory for getting an MRI scan done.
Are there any discounts running on MFine for MRI scans?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on MFine for MRI scans. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail of through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
Yes, you can reschedule your appointment. However, it is subject to the availability of slots.
Why Is MRI Important?
MRI scans can provide vital information on the brain, spine, joints, and internal organs by vividly exhibiting the distinction between healthy and ill tissue. It has no known side effects and can aid in illness detection and treatment in the early stages. Then, with less effort, your physician will be able to choose the most appropriate treatment for you.
What are the uses of MRI scans?
The brain, spinal cord, skeleton, chest, lungs, abdomen, pelvis, wrists, hands, ankles, and feet are areas where MRI is utilized to discover problems.
Why should one have an MRI scan of the brain?
An MRI allows your doctor to look into your brain without surgery to check for problems or damage. Instead, your doctor can use the photographs to make a diagnosis and recommend the best treatment for your condition.
Can I talk during an MRI scan?
Yes. Throughout the assessment, the technologist will interact with you. At any time, you can speak with the technician or ask questions.
Why would a neurologist order a brain MRI?
MRI is used to diagnose stroke, traumatic brain injury, brain and spinal cord tumors, inflammation, infection, vascular abnormalities, epilepsy-related brain damage, poorly developing brain regions, and many neurodegenerative disorders.
What can you do to relax before an MRI?
- Concentrating on your breathing is a simple kind of meditation.
- Wear a sleeping mask or close your eyes.
- Select your music.
- If nothing seems to fit, consult your professionals.
Is it okay to drink or eat before an MRI?
You shouldn’t have to do anything to prepare for a head MRI. It’s conceivable that you’ll be able to eat, drink, and take your prescriptions regularly after this procedure. However, if your doctor has ordered a scan of another portion of your body, such as your abdomen, you may be instructed not to drink or eat for four to six hours before the procedure.
What is the source of the Scanner's Noise?
The noise in the scanner is caused by an electrical current surging within the wires of the gradient magnet. The main magnet field opposes the current in the wires; therefore, the louder the gradient noise, the greater the field.
Is the MRI scan of the brain reimbursed by insurance?
Health insurance typically covers the majority of MRIs. However, some insurance plans may need pre-authorization before an MRI may be performed. To be safe, get in touch with your insurance agent.
What are the dangers of a brain MRI scan?
Due to the strong use of the magnet, MRI cannot be performed in the following patients:
- Pacemakers that have been implanted are a type of pacemaker that has been inserted into the body
- Several intrauterine contraceptive devices are available.
- Bullets and shrapnel and surgical clips, pins, plates, staples, screws, and stents are all contraindicated for MRI.
- Pregnant women should avoid having an MRI.
- An allergic reaction to contrast dye is possible if it is used.