Book MRI Scan Brain in Chennai
- Developmental and structural abnormalities
- Venous malformations
- Subdural hematoma
- Degenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis, hypoxic encephalopathy, or encephalomyelitis
- Herniation or degeneration of discs of the spinal cord
Request a Call Back
Lab Infrastructure in Chennai
Chennai is one of the most developed cities in southern India, which is also known as the medical hub of Tamil Nadu. Chennai has all the basic and advanced amenities for all your needs. The city has more than 350 hospitals, 400+ clinics, and more than 400 laboratories.
Since Chennai falls under the category of tier-1 cities in India, it is full of vehicles, skyscrapers, and other such luxuries, leading to rising air pollution and diseases like asthma, sinuses, allergies, etc. Moreover, the lifestyle changes in big cities affect the life of the residents greatly. Due to this, diseases like diabetes, obesity, PCOD, thyroid, hypertension, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular diseases are common.
The development of Industries and factories has significantly impacted the lives of people living in Chennai. Respiratory problems are one of the most common causes of ill-health among the citizens of Chennai. The public suffers from pollution-borne diseases like asthma, shortness of breath, skin issues, etc. The water of Chennai is highly contaminated, and the public suffers from water-borne diseases like cholera, stomach pain, vomiting, etc.
If you’re experiencing symptoms regarding any such diseases, book the test today with MFine.
Why book an MRI Scan Brain test?
MRI Scan Brain test or the Magnetic resonance imaging scan of the brain is an advanced painless, safe, and non-invasive process that does not include radioactive tracers/ionising radiation. Instead, this procedure uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create high-quality dimensional images of the brain and brain stem and guides examining the brain’s anatomy.
There are several reasons why the MRI scan brain is ordered. Suppose you’re experiencing symptoms like tumours, bleeding, swelling, developmental and structural abnormalities, haemorrhage, venous malformations, hydrocephalus, subdural hematoma, degenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis, hypoxic encephalopathy, or encephalomyelitis, herniation and others. In that case, the MRI Scan Brain Test is suggested. Also, it is ordered to monitor and determine the brain and/or spinal cord injuries that are present due to several factors such as structural abnormalities or certain other conditions.
In case your cardiologist has suggested the MRI Scan Brain test to you, you can now book the MRI Scan Brain Test through MFine.
What all tests are included in MRI Scan Brain?
There are several types of imaging techniques included when an individual go for the MRI Scan Brain Test. these are as follows-
- Computed tomography (CT) scan: A CT scan can aid in proper diagnosis by showing the affected area of the brain. CT scans can quickly detect haemorrhages in the brain and determine if someone who has had a stroke can safely receive intravenous treatment to dissolve clots.
- PET scan: Provide two and three-dimensional pictures of brain activity by measuring radioactive isotopes that are injected into the bloodstream. PET scans can evaluate people who have epilepsy or certain memory disorders and show brain changes following injury.
- SPECT scan: It is a nuclear imaging test that can be used to evaluate certain brain functions.
What preparation is required for MRI Scan Brain?
While going for the MRI Scan Brain Test, much preparation or precautions are required. However, certain points need to be remembered clearly. These include-
- Firstly, make sure you inform your healthcare expert about your past health history along with your family’s medical history.
- If you are menstruating/pregnant/breastfeeding before undergoing the test, mention that as well.
- In case you’re suffering from any symptoms or taking supplements, mention those as well.
- You must inform the doctor and staff at the centre about any of your implants, internal splints, pacemaker devices, vascular stents, etc.
- Choose your attire wisely.
- As the magnets interfere with the test doctor will advise you to open all kinds of metal jewellery or accessories which will interfere with the test.
- You will be injected with a contrast dye (intravenous) for detailed images of the heart and the arteries.
- You may eat, drink and take medications as usual for most MRI exams.
Children are given anti-anxiety medication prior to the procedure to relax them.
What is the average cost of an MRI Scan Brain in Chennai?
The cost of an MRI Scan Brain depends on the city, the lab partner, the physician’s specific recommendations, and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Chennai is usually between Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 10,000. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost at the time of booking the appointment.
How to book MRI Scan Brain in Chennai?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a doctor's prescription mandatory for an MRI scan?
Yes, a doctor’s note is mandatory for getting an MRI scan done.
Are there any discounts running on MFine for MRI scans?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on MFine for MRI scans. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail of through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
Can I reschedule my appointment for the MRI scan test?
Yes, you can easily reschedule the appointment for an MRI scan with the MFine app. Just go to the app, and there is an option to reschedule the appointment.
How long does the MRI scan of the brain take?
The entire MRI Scan Brain process of the MRI scan usually takes about 30 to 60 minutes.
Can I talk during an MRI scan?
Yes, it is allowed to talk during the entire procedure. The technologist will deliberately communicate with you so that you remain distracted and calm. In case you have any questions or feel discomfort during the MRI scan, make sure to inform the attendant.
How do I book the MRI scan of the brain through MFine?
- Login to MFine.
- Go to X-Rays, MRIs & Scans.
- Select Book Scans & X-Rays.
- Add Scans.
- Select Lab and preferred slot.
- Book an appointment.
Note: You can also request a call back instead of booking a scan directly
Why would a neurologist order a brain MRI?
There is a wide range of reasons why a neurologist will order a brain MRI. These include stroke, traumatic brain injury, brain and spinal cord tumours, inflammation, infection, vascular abnormalities, epilepsy-related brain damage, improperly developing brain regions, and various neurodegenerative illnesses that can be diagnosed only through brain MRI.
What are the risks of an MRI scan of the brain?
MRI scan of the brain is an advanced test that cannot be conducted on anyone and everyone. There are several patients on whom the MRI scan cannot be conducted. These are as follows-
- Patients who have pacemakers implanted
- Certain intrauterine contraceptive devices
- Cochlear implants
- Internal metallic objects such as bullets or shrapnel and surgical clips, pins, plates, staples, screws, and stents are contraindicated for MRI.
- Women who are pregnant
- If contrast dye is employed, an allergic reaction to the dye is possible
Can I eat or drink before the MRI Scan Brain?
When you go for the MRI Scan Brain, it is suggested to fast for 4 to 6 hours as food intake might alter the test readings. After that, you can eat and drink and can take any medication as usual on the day of your MRI scan. Note that you will be required to drink plenty of water to acquire accurate results.
Can I get an MRI Scan Brain without a referral?
If you experience any prominent symptoms that point towards head injuries, It is better to consult a doctor.
What are the uses of MRI scans?
MRI detects several conditions, such as brain problems, spinal cord, skeleton, chest, lungs, abdomen, pelvis, wrists, hands, ankles, and feet. In some cases, it can provide clear images of body parts that can’t be seen as well with an X-ray, CAT scan, or ultrasound.
What equipment or instruments are used for MRI scans of the brain?
During the MRI Scan, there equipment or instruments are used. A typical MRI machine is a large tube with a hole at both ends. A magnet surrounds the tube.
How do you manage an MRI scan if you are claustrophobic?
Being claustrophobic during the MRI scan is a common practice that certain patients face. There are some ways by which conditions like these can be avoided. These include-
- Listening to the music
- Breathing and meditating
- Stretchingyour muscles and limbs to help you be as comfortable as possible while in the machine
- Taking sedatives that will help you calm