Best Psychiatrists in Loni
Loni is a town close to Ghaziabad in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Due to its proximity to Ghaziabad, Delhi, and Noida, it has several state-of-the-art hospitals and clinics where you can conveniently consult a top psychiatrist. These include Max Super Specialty Hospital in Delhi and Manipal Hospital in Ghaziabad.
Moreover, if you live in Loni but feel the distance to these cities is still too much, you could quickly consult a psychiatrist online on the MFine app.
What is a psychiatrist?
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor specializing in diagnosing, preventing, studying, and treating mental health issues and disorders.
What conditions does a psychiatrist treat?
Common conditions a psychiatrist treats include depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, eating disorders like bulimia, ADHD, and more.
What is the difference between a clinical psychologist and a psychiatrist?
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor qualified to treat mental health issues and disorders by prescribing psychotropic medication, and via psychotherapy, such as talk therapy, exposure and response prevention, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
A clinical psychologist is a mental health professional qualified to treat patients with mental health issues via psychotherapy. However, psychiatrists and psychologists often work collaboratively in providing medication and psychotherapy if that is beneficial for the treatment.
How can you also take charge of your mental health while consulting a psychiatrist?
Some practical ways of coping with mental health issues/ disorders apart from seeking professional help include:
- Seeking emotional support from your loved ones
- Practicing gratitude
- Staying active by exercising as that releases happy hormones, aka endorphins
- Pursuing hobbies that you enjoy
- Practicing positive affirmations
- Spending time in nature
- Getting enough natural light
- Getting sufficient sleep
- Having an active social life
- Having a healthy diet and lifestyle
When combined with consulting a psychiatrist, these practices can help you recover quickly and gradually reduce your dependence on medication.
Is it a good idea to consult a psychiatrist online?
Yes, consulting a psychiatrist online has several advantages. These include:
- Saving time, as you don’t have to commute to a clinic/hospital or wait in a queue
- It protects your privacy while consulting a psychiatrist in the comfort of your own home or an enclosed private space.
- Saves on expenses as consulting a psychiatrist online is more economical than an in-person consultation
- You get to compare different psychiatrists and see what they specialize in, their years of experience, fees, etc. and consult the psychiatrist that suits your needs perfectly.
What are some signs you need to consult a psychiatrist?
Common signs that you need to consult a psychiatrist include:
- Sleep disturbances
- Stress, headaches or unexplained aches
- Abrupt changes in your mood and behavior
- Struggling to cope with significant life changes such as marriage, motherhood, etc
- Decreased self-care
- Repetitive thoughts and behavious
- Overthinking and difficulty concentrating
- Having difficulty trusting people or excessively worrying about your safety or that of your loved ones.
- Hearing voices or seeing things/people even though they’re not present in reality.
The above are just a few common symptoms you must consult a psychiatrist. However, please don’t attach any stigma to you or your loved one requiring psychiatric intervention or self-diagnosis of the condition. Don’t hesitate to contact a psychiatrist if you think you or someone you love is struggling with mental health issues. As with most health issues, in mental health as well, early detection provides the best treatment outcome.
Are mental health issues common in India?
Mental health issues are widespread not just in India but the entire world. 1 out of 5 individuals suffer from mental health symptoms. Moreover, due to the stigmatization of mental disorders in India, in our country suffering from one can have more severe repercussions. For example, India has 2.6 lac cases of suicide every year.
Are mental health disorders genetic?
Mental disorders may be typically a result of both genetic and environmental factors. So while you could be genetically predisposed to psychiatric conditions like anxiety, depression, ADHD, etc., it’s not necessary that just because your parents or someone in your near family has mental health issues, you may suffer from them too.
If I need to consult a psychiatrist, does that mean I’m crazy?
No, consulting a psychiatrist does NOT mean you’re “crazy.” It simply means you’re brave, practical, and determined to improve your situation. There are several people across the globe that do not suffer from mental health issues but still seek therapy.
This is because they have the wisdom to understand that the key to good mental health is to do constant inner work. One effective way of doing so is by consulting a professional who is medically trained in how our minds function.
While seeking mental health assistance has been stigmatized for many years, things are slowly changing with more awareness, acceptance, and efforts by doctors, celebrities, institutions, and the educated public to de-stigmatize it.