Book Total Calcium Test in Pune
Avail Total Calcium test in Pune through MFine. You can book your Total Calcium test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Total Calcium test sample collection; the test reports will be available for download within 48 hours. Total Calcium test is usually recommended for testing hypercalcemia, cancers, and other medical conditions.... View more
Request a Call Back
How to book a Total Calcium test in Pune?
Lab infrastructure in Pune
Pune is one of India’s tier-1 cities and has grown rapidly over the years. In Pune, you can find several hospitals providing the best health care services. Medical professionals are educated with years of experience and do the job with utmost accuracy. Test labs are located in various parts of the cities. These labs are equipped with the latest technology and run by highly skilled workers. Labs in Pune operate till late hours, and one can opt for a test any time of the day. In Pune test labs operate at speed, one can quickly get a test done and expect the results within 24-48 hours. Several doctors are available in clinics or hospitals, which you can contact for diagnosis and reading your test results. With the MFine app, you can book a Total Calcium test anywhere in Pune.
Why book a Total Calcium test?
- Doctors recommend the Total Calcium test if your calcium level is low or high. It is a routine medical check-up and therefore is advised by the doctors to be every 6-12 months. Symptoms of high blood calcium levels are Increased thirstiness, Lack of appetite, Fatigue, etc. This test is also recommended if you are suffering from a condition that could lower your calcium level. People with Thyroid and kidney disease should get a Total Calcium Test.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Total Calcium test measure?
- Total Calcium tests are of different types, measuring various vitals. Doctors recommend a necessary total calcium test based on a person's health condition. These are the different types of Total Calcium Tests:
- Blood glucose test: To monitor blood sugar levels, glucose tests are done by doctors. Hyperglycemia or High blood sugar levels are signs of diabetes or insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is the case when the body does not respond to insulin.
- Kidney function test: Kidney function tests are conducted to measure the working condition of your kidneys. It Includes blood urea nitrogen (BUN), creatinine, and eGFR.
- Vitamin D test: If you have vitamin D deficiency symptoms, then your doctor will recommend a vitamin D test.
- Phosphorus levels: Lack of optimum phosphorus levels can cause kidney, liver, and certain bone diseases. This test is performed to see how much phosphorus is in your blood.
What Preparation is needed for the Total Calcium test?
- Since it is a part of a basic routine test, no special preparation is required for a Total Calcium test. However, if you have to get multiple blood tests done, then, in that case, you will have to fast for a few hours before the test. If you are taking any medications, inform your doctor about the same. Usually, antacids, diuretics for blood pressure, and some other drugs are advised not to be taken before the test.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
Abnormal test results come when your calcium level is higher or lower than usual. Several health conditions lead to a decrease or increase in calcium levels in your body. Here are some common conditions that result in abnormal Total Calcium test results:
- High intake of vitamin D
- Paget's disease of the bone
- Different types of cancer
Abnormal calcium levels can lead to several other health conditions.
It is recommended to consult a doctor to interpret your results and proceed with the necessary treatment.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Baner, Pune?
Yes, you can easily avail a total calcium test in Baner, Pune. Through our app, you access all available labs that conduct the Total Calcium Test. Schedule a test at any of your preferred labs and easily get tested. With the MFine app scheduling, a test anywhere in Pune is easy.
What is the cost of the Total Calcium test in Pune?
The average price of a total calcium test is 180 INR in Pune. Depending on the total calcium test you are taking, the price may vary. It can go as high as 700 INR and as low as 70 INR. Prices also vary depending on the location and the lab.
I live in Mumbai. Can I book a Total Calcium test for my mother staying in Pune?
Yes, you can book a total calcium test for your mother or any other relative in a different city. With the MFine app, you get the comfort of scheduling any tests from home, even if you are not in the same city. Browse through all the available apps and book one of your preferences.
How can I reschedule my appointment for Sample collection?
In the MFine app, you can easily schedule a preferred time for the sample collection. Our lab technicians will arrive at your location at the designated time and collect the sample. Our technicians follow strict safety guidelines and take proper precautions such as masks, gloves, and other necessary steps.
Is the lab technician coming for the Total Calcium test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Total Calcium test recommended?
Total Calcium Test is a routine check-up. If your calcium level is high or low, a doctor will advise this test. Symptoms of low calcium levels are brittle nails, depression, muscle cramps, etc., whereas symptoms of high calcium level are Fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and others. If you have a condition that alters your calcium level, total calcium tests are recommended.
Is a prescription required to book a Total Calcium test?
Some labs will ask you for a prescription, but no prescription is required to get a total calcium test in most cases. With the MFine app, you can directly book a test at your preferred lab without needing a prescription. The booking process is easy and convenient.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the Total Calcium test definitive?
Yes, the Total Calcium Test is definitive. As you know, calcium is one of the main components of our body. Our bones are built from calcium. It also plays a major role in the proper functioning of the heart and muscles; therefore, the total calcium tests are definitive and recommended by doctors in various health conditions.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Total Calcium test?
Total Calcium test is a routine check-up, and hence, other routine tests are also advised along with it. Besides routine tests, other blood tests are also recommended depending on the health condition you are getting tested for. When getting multiple tests, make sure to prepare accordingly.
What diseases can be detected through the Total Calcium test?
Total Calcium test can detect many infections or diseases, including:
- Parathyroid disorder
- Kidney stones
- Thyroid disease
- Hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid gland)
- Bone disease (osteoporosis)
- Liver disease
- Nerve related problem
How can I download my Total Calcium test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Total Calcium test in Pune?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Total Calcium test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.