Book Total Calcium Test in Kolkata
Avail Total Calcium test in Kolkata through MFine. You can book your Total Calcium test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Total Calcium test sample collection; the test reports will be available for download within 48 hours. Total Calcium test is usually recommended for cancers, high blood pressure, and others.... View more
Request a Call Back
How to book a Total Calcium test in Kolkata?
Lab infrastructure in Kolkata
Kolkata is India’s tier-1 city. The healthcare industry in Kolkata is highly advanced and one of the best in the country. More than 50 government hospitals operate in the city, and it is also home to many private hospitals. Kolkata offers its people the trust of providing optimum and accessible care. Test labs are also accessible in Kolkata. You can find labs in various parts of the cities. These labs are equipped with tools and advanced technology and run by people who have experience and knowledge in medicine. From blood pressure to the Total Calcium test, one can get any test done in Kolkata. If you want to book a Total Calcium Test, you can easily do so with our MFine app. This app helps people book tests in any part of any city from home.
Why book a Total Calcium test?
- Book a Total Calcium Test if you are experiencing high or low calcium levels. Certain conditions like cancers cause calcium decrease in the blood. These tests help in identifying any such serious illnesses. It calculates the total calcium count in our body bound and unbound, which doctors can use in diagnosing disease. A basic metabolic panel is a test that measures other substances in the blood, including calcium and different minerals.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Total Calcium test measure?
- The total Calcium test measures the calcium level in your body. This test is done to diagnose possible cases of various diseases. Since this is a blood test it is mostly helpful in diagnosing blood-related diseases. To monitor blood sugar levels, glucose tests are done by doctors. Hyperglycemia or High blood sugar levels are signs of diabetes or insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is the case when the body does not respond to insulin.Kidney function tests are conducted to measure the working condition of your kidneys. It Includes blood urea nitrogen (BUN), creatinine, and eGFR.
- If you have vitamin D deficiency symptoms, then your doctor will recommend a vitamin D test.Lack of optimum phosphorus levels can cause kidney, liver, and certain bone diseases. This test is performed to see how much phosphorus is in your blood.
What Preparation is needed for the Total Calcium test?
- The Total Calcium test does not require any preparation. Therefore, it is a routine check-up and can be done without any special preparations; although, if you are on any medications, it is best to inform the doctor. Also, if you have multiple tests scheduled, you need to prepare accordingly.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
If your calcium levels are not normal, they will be recorded in your tests. An abnormal result means your calcium levels are not proper. An abnormal result is observed in the case of an illness. Here are some common conditions that result in abnormal Total Calcium test results:
- High intake of vitamin D
- Paget's disease of the bone
- Different types of cancer
Abnormal calcium levels can lead to several other health conditions.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Topsia, Kolkata?
Yes, you can easily schedule an at-home sample collection in Topsia. With the MFine app, you can enjoy this service from anywhere in Kolkata. Our lab technician will pick up the samples from your home. We instruct our technicians to follow safety protocols at all costs, even during sample pick-ups.
What is the cost of the Total Calcium test in Kolkata?
Total Calcium Test price in Kolkata may vary depending on the test type and also on the location of the lab. The average price of the test is 180 INR. The starting price of total calcium tests in Kolkata is 75 INR and can go as high as 700 INR.
I am staying in Chhattisgarh. Can I book the Total Calcium test for my Grandmother staying in Kolkata?
Yes, you can easily book a total calcium test in Kolkata from Chattisgarh or any other city. WIth the MFine app, you get the ease of scheduling tests in your or any other city. Browse through different labs and book an appointment as per your preference.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a Total Calcium test sample collection?
You can easily reschedule an appointment for sample collection. In the MFine app, select the day and time for sample collection, book the collection, and it will be done.
Is the lab technician coming for the Total Calcium test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is the Total Calcium test recommended?
Since it is a routine check-up, doctors can recommend this test as a part of your all-routine test. If you are experiencing illnesses in which your calcium level is affected, then the doctor advises a total calcium test. It is also done when your calcium level is high or low.
Is a prescription required to book a Total Calcium test?
No. You do not need a prescription to book a total calcium test. It is one of the routine tests and, therefore, can be done as a routine check-up without needing a prescription. Do get the test done if you feel like your calcium level is dropping or you might have a disease that could affect your calcium level.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the Total Calcium test definitive?
Yes, it is definitive. Since this test counts the calcium level in our body, calcium is one of the major components of our bones. A total Calcium test is done to measure the working of your heart and kidneys. These tests help diagnose various disorders.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Total Calcium test?
Along with the Total Calcium Test, doctors may recommend other blood tests as well. Since the Total Calcium test is also a routine check-up, it is prescribed and other routine check-ups. If a Total Calcium test is prescribed based on your illness, doctors may also prescribe other tests based on your illness.
What diseases can be detected through the Total Calcium test?
A total Calcium test is done to diagnose various illnesses. If your calcium level is high, your results may show Hypercalcemia. Issues in Parathyroid glands cause it. If not treated, Hypercalcemia can lead to other health issues. Besides, the Total Calcium test is also helpful in diagnosing other illnesses like cancers and high blood pressure.
How can I download my Total Calcium test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on the Total Calcium test in Kolkata?
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Total Calcium test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.