Book Serum Bicarbonate Test in Bangalore.
Avail Serum Bicarbonate test in Bangalore through MFine. You can book your Serum Bicarbonate test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Serum Bicarbonate test sample collection, the reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. A serum bicarbonate test is usually recommended if you are suffering from the following symptoms:
- Deep and long breaths
- Severe Headache
- Feeling very tired
- Loss of appetite
- Rapid heartbeat
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book a Serum Bicarbonate test in Bangalore?
Lab infrastructure in Bangalore
Bangalore is one of the tier-1 cities in India. It possesses a good medical and health infrastructure. Bangalore has 100+ private hospitals and public hospitals with nursing homes, clinics, labs, dispensaries, etc. There is good availability of specialized doctors in Bangalore.
Equipped with edge-cutting technology, hospital-based labs provide the most accuracy in interpreting the result of tests for better diagnosis of disease and thereby helping doctors to make a proper treatment plan.
Heart diseases, respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases, heart problems, cancer, malignant, liver problems are some major diseases prevalent in the areas of Bangalore. Still, the best thing is there are many hospitals where you can get the best treatment and also prevent the diseases.
If you have any of the diseases mentioned above or their symptoms, you are advised to consult with a doctor. You may also consult a doctor through the MFine app and web platform. Testing facilities are also available here, so you may also avail of a test through its lab partner.
Why to book Serum Bicarbonate test?
- Bicarbonate is a form of carbon dioxide (CO2), a gas produced as a result of various metabolic processes in the body. A Serum Bicarbonate test is a general test conducted for determining the bicarbonate level in your blood serum. Thus, the Serum Bicarbonate test also measures the CO2 in the body. Another name of the Serum Bicarbonate test is the carbon dioxide (CO2) test. In case your body shows the following symptoms, your expert may suggest you the Serum Bicarbonate test: Constant fatigue and tiredness Unresolved vomiting or diarrhea Troubled/difficulty in breathing
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Serum Bicarbonate test measure?
- The Serum Bicarbonate test is performed to figure out how much bicarbonate is in your blood. It's usually done as part of an electrolyte or metabolic panel, which includes measurements of sodium, potassium, and chloride in the blood. All of these factors combine to provide your doctor with a lot of information, helping him to make an informed diagnosis. In addition to the Serum Bicarbonate test, other procedures such as arterial blood gases, electrolytes, anion gap blood testing, and urine pH testing may be conducted to better understand the body's pH status.
What Preparation is needed for the Serum Bicarbonate test?
- While going for the Serum Bicarbonate test, no special preparation or precautions are required. This test does not necessitate any fasting or other specific preparation. Make sure you inform your doctor of any medications, herbs, or supplements you are taking so that the doctor may assess whether any of them need to be stopped before the test in order to achieve accurate results. Tetracycline, triamterene, thiazide diuretics, nitrofurantoin, and methicillin are certain medications that can alter the test results as they tend to lower blood bicarbonate levels. It is also advised to not stop your medication without the consultation of the doctor. Before taking the Serum Bicarbonate test, avoid eating foods high in acid, such as citrus fruits, as this may cause false findings.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
The normal Serum Bicarbonate test levels are 23 to 29 mEq/L or mmol/L for adults. The ranges may vary in the children as per their age groups. Reference values for particular ages will be mentioned in lab reports.
High or low Serum Bicarbonate test results suggest that the body has trouble maintaining the correct pH (acid-base) balance. It might indicate a disease of the kidneys or lungs due to which they are not functioning properly and are unable to flush out CO2 adequately, or can also result due to several other reasons listed below:
In case your Serum Bicarbonate test levels are high, it indicates the following conditions:
- Metabolic alkalosis happens when the blood pH becomes alkaline due to excessive loss of acids from the body. It may happen due to prolonged vomiting, diarrhea, or other diseases.
- Lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, etc.
- Compensated respiratory acidosis
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Cushing syndrome
- Kidney disease
In case your Serum Bicarbonate test levels are low, it indicates the following conditions:
- Metabolic acidosis - It indicates high levels of acid in the body
- Compensated Respiratory alkalosis
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Alcohol poisoning
- Aspirin overdose
- Kidney disease
- Addison disease
- Chronic diarrhea
- Lactic acidosis
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Jayanagar, Bangalore?
Yes, it is easy to avail of at-home sample collection in Bangalore through MFine. With a single click, you may choose a preferable slot for the test at the convenience of your home, and your test report will be made available in 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Serum Bicarbonate test in Bangalore?
The cost of tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. Different cities have varied prices too. The approximate price for a Serum Bicarbonate test in Ahmedabad ranges from Rs. 160-500.
I stay in Kolkata. Can I book a Serum Bicarbonate test for my grandmother staying in Bangalore?
Yes, you can easily book a Serum Bicarbonate test for your relatives living in cities where MFine offers services in India. You can use the official website of MFine or application to book appointments from anywhere.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the Serum Bicarbonate test?
Yes, you can reschedule your appointment for sample collection. Visit the official website of MFine or download the application and log in to your account. There you will get the option to reschedule the appointment.
Is the lab technician coming for Serum Bicarbonate test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection
When is the Serum Bicarbonate test recommended?
A Serum Bicarbonate test will be recommended if you have any of the following signs or symptoms –
Is a prescription required to book a Serum Bicarbonate test?
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Feeling very tired
Is the Serum Bicarbonate test a definitive test?
What other tests are usually recommended along with Serum Bicarbonate test?
Loss of appetite
What diseases can be detected through the Serum Bicarbonate test?
Deep and long breaths
How can I download my Serum Bicarbonate test report?
Are there any discount offers running on the Serum Bicarbonate test in Bangalore?