Book Serum Allergy Test in Kolkata
Avail Serum Allergy test in Kolkata through MFine. You can book your Serum Allergy test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Serum Allergy test sample collection; the test reports will be available for download within 48 hours. Serum Allergy test is usually recommended for the symptoms -
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Rashes with raised red patches
- Shortness of breath
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Serum Allergy test in Kolkata?
Lab Infrastructure in Kolkata
Kolkata has expanded its healthcare and medical infrastructure over the years. The healthcare and medical facilities in Kolkata are improving with each passing day. Kolkata has 400+ private and public hospitals. These hospitals have been conceptualized as a mechanism to give quality healthcare facilities.
Why Book a Serum Allergy Test?
- The Serum Allergy Test is a straightforward blood test. This test helps to monitor and measure the amount of immunoglobulin E antibodies (IgE) in the blood. Certain allergies and substances can affect certain individuals. The same can be harmless for others. Doctors recommend the Serum Allergy Test to determine the actual reason for certain allergic reactions, which are caused due to dust, pollen, food, and so on.
- Respiratory disorders such as asthma can be diagnosed with this test. When you are experiencing symptoms like sneezing, itching, coughing, swelling, it is suggested to book the Serum Allergy Test at the earliest possible.
- Certain health experts may recommend the Serum Allergy Test in case you have been diagnosed with several allergic conditions such as allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis, chronic rhinosinusitis, anaphylaxis, and asthma.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Serum allergy Test Measure?
- A Serum allergy test measures the amount of immunoglobulin E antibodies (IgE) in the blood. This test helps the doctor to diagnose respiratory-related problems like asthma. Allergens are certain substances that are harmful to certain individuals. And when one comes in contact with these allergens, they transfer abnormal, hypersensitive reactions. This test helps to determine the cause of certain parasitic infections. When one individual has an allergic reaction to common allergens like pollens, food, dust, etc., their cause must be determined to provide recommendations for resolution. This test is recommended to diagnose allergic respiratory disease.
What Preparation is Needed for the Serum Allergy Test?
- No preparation or precautions are required when going for the serum allergy test. However, remember to inform your doctor with a detailed report of your medical history and your family medical history. This shall help in the best analysis of your results. Mention the symptoms which you are experiencing while going for the test. Note no fasting is required when going for this test. You can drink water during, before, and after the test. There are no restrictions on this.
- Your health expert will plan the treatment process depending on your test results. Besides this, if there are any other instructions, your health expert will suggest the same. After conducting the test, reports will appear within 48 hours. Make sure you take proper rest till this time.
What happens to your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
If your test has abnormal results, it indicates that you may have certain allergies. Elevated levels of specific IgE antibodies in the body may also indicate deep allergy levels. Allergens are the reason for the cause of many allergies. Dust, pollens, etc. can cause allergies. However, a correct diagnosis will be made after assessing many reports of other diagnostic tests, clinical history, and patient history.
It is advised to consult your doctor for interpreting the test reports and tell him correct information about your condition, your health, your family history of health, and what medications you are taking.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Kolkata?
Yes, you can easily avail of at-home sample collection at different places in Kolkata where MFine services are available. The only thing you need to check is whether MFine services are available in that particular area or not. If it is known, choose the timings according to convenience and distance. You can book a slot for a test within a single click without going anywhere. Your test results will be available for download within 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Serum Allergy test in Kolkata?
The cost of the tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. The charges for the test in Kolkata generally range from INR 500-to 2000.
I live in Uttarakhand. Can I book a Serum Allergy test for my grandfather staying in Kolkata?
Yes, you can easily book a Serum Allergy test for your relatives and old family members living in distant places where the MFine services are readily available.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a Serum Allergy test sample?
You can quickly reschedule the appointment for a Serum Allergy test through the MFine app or web service. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a Serum Allergy test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is a Serum Allergy test recommended?
Your doctor may recommend a Serum Allergy test if you have symptoms like- shortness of breath, rashes on the skin, diarrhea, itching, sneezing, nausea and vomiting, runny nose, anaphylactic shock (a sudden and life-threatening condition), asthma, etc.
Is a prescription required to book a Serum Allergy test?
No, generally, it is not required to take a prescription from a doctor to book a Serum Allergy test. Still, it is recommended to consult a doctor before you book a test.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines based on the results.
Is the Serum Allergy test definitive?
No, The Serum Allergy test is not definitive because this test is performed as an initial diagnostic test. This test only provides information about the allergens that cause allergies.
What other tests are usually recommended along with the Serum Allergy test?
Other tests recommended confirming the deformity are patch test, skin prick test, intradermal skin test, erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), white blood cell differential test (WBC), platelets level test, etc.
What diseases can be detected through the Serum Allergy test?
The Serum Allergy test can detect several groups of allergens. Some of which are-
- House-hold chemicals
- Inhalants or aeroallergebs
- Medications or drugs like penicillin, aspirin, and other
- Dust mites
- Metals like nickel, copper, zinc, cadmium, etc.
- Outdoor allergens
- Food allergens
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Serum Allergy test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.