Book Serum Allergy Test in Chennai
Avail Serum Allergy Test in Chennai through MFine. You can book your Serum Allergy Test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Serum Allergy Test sample collection; the test reports will be available for download within 48 hours. The Serum Allergy Test is usually recommended for anyone suffering from the following symptoms:
- Swelling of the skin
- Shortness of breath
- Mild itching
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Serum Allergy Test in Chennai?
Lab Infrastructure in Chennai
Chennai is one of India’s most progressive cities, especially in terms of healthcare and medical facilities. Since its inception, the medical professionals in Chennai have offered excellent healthcare facilities to the extent that today the city features nearly 500 private and public hospitals, 450+ diagnostic laboratories, and enormous healthcare clinics. Both government and private bodies govern all these healthcare institutions.
Why Book a Serum Allergy Test?
- The Serum Allergy Test helps in monitoring the number of antibodies present in your body. It deals with the immunoglobulin E antibodies or IgE present in the bloodstream. The Serum Allergy Test aids in determining the cause of certain allergies that are caused by food, dust, pollen, and so on.
- Moreover, it also forms the basis of determining the breathing disorder asthma. The symptoms that point towards the same are coughing, sneezing, swelling, itching, and so on. This test is also recommended when you've conditions such as allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis, chronic rhinosinusitis, anaphylaxis, and asthma.
- You should book the Serum Allergy Test if you're experiencing any symptoms that point towards any allergies.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Serum allergy Test Measure?
- The Serum Allergy Test is a simple blood test that measures the amount of specific immunoglobulin E antibodies (IgE) in the blood. It confirms the presence or absence of any allergens. Allergens can be defined as substances that might harm one but are harmless to other people.
- The Serum Allergy Test helps in determining the possible allergens or cause that is affecting your allergies. It determines the presence or absence of allergens by taking following the amount of IgE or immunoglobulin E antibodies in the body. Allergens can affect some people while others are not affected by the same.
- If an allergic person comes in contact with these allergens, they show elevated or abnormal responses. This is known as an allergic reaction. The allergens that can be identified are as follows:
- Food allergens: These include food items like milk, peanut, wheat, meat, eggs, tuna, codfish, tomato, apple, potato, among others.
- Outdoor allergens: These include polluted air and pollen from grasses, trees, weeds, and rye.
- Venom: These include ant, wasp, hornet, and bee venom.
- Medications or drugs like aspirin, penicillin, ibuprofen, among others
- Metals like zinc, copper, nickel, cadmium, etc.
- Inhalants or aeroallergens.
- Household chemicals.
- Dust mites.
- If you're suffering from any symptoms that point towards an allergic reaction, then book the Serum Allergy Test as soon as you can.
What Preparation is Needed for the Serum Allergy Test?
- The Serum Allergy Test doesn't need any such serious preparation. You should tell your doctor about all your medical history, family history, medication history, and so on. You should let your doctor know about everything that you've suffered through in the past so that your doctor can diagnose your allergy well.
- If there's any new information about the test, it will be updated to you from your health care provider.
What happens to your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail myself of an at-home sample collection in Chennai?
Yes, you can easily avail of sample collection for various tests at home through MFine. With a single click, you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be available for download within 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Serum Allergy Test in Chennai?
The cost of the tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. The charges for the test in Chennai can range between Rs 4000 to 12000.
I live in Bhopal. Can I book a Serum Allergy Test for my grandfather staying in Chennai?
Yes, you can easily book the Serum Allergy Test for your relatives in places where the MFine services are easily available. The process is hassle-free and can be done very easily without wasting any time.
How can I reschedule my appointment for a Serum Allergy Test sample?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Serum Allergy Test through the MFine app or web service. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a Serum Allergy Test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is a Serum Allergy Test recommended?
The Serum Allergy Test is recommended by your healthcare provider when your body shows symptoms of inflammation, redness, sneezing, coughing, runny nose, and so on. You should not get the test done for yourself without seeking the doctor’s advice.
Is a prescription required to book a Serum Allergy Test?
No, it is not required to carry a prescription with you when you get the Serum Allergy Test for yourself. However, it is always recommended to seek the doctor’s advice before you get any test done for yourself.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides results interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Serum Allergy Test definitive?
The Serum Allergy Test is not a definitive test to detect underlying allergies in the body. The test is usually performed as an initial diagnostic test for allergies. The doctor may recommend additional tests for confirmation to help in determining the exact cause of your allergies and other breathing disorder.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Serum Allergy Test?
Your health expert may recommend a skin prick test and patch test along with the Serum Allergy Test to confirm the test results.
What diseases can be detected through the Serum Allergy Test?
If the level of IgE is elevated in your body, then it points towards possible allergies in your body and also towards breathing disorders like asthma.
How can I download my Serum Allergy Test report?
- Login to MFine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Serum Allergy Test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.