Book Serum Allergy Test in Ahmedabad
Avail Serum Allergy Test in Ahmedabad through MFine. You can book your Serum Allergy Test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Serum Allergy Test sample collection; the test reports will be available for download within 48 hours. Serum Allergy Test is usually recommended for people suffering from the following symptoms:
- Swelling of the skin
- Shortness of breath
- Mild itching
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Serum Allergy Test in Ahmedabad?
Lab Infrastructure in Ahmedabad
Why Book a Serum Allergy Test?
- The Serum Allergy Test is a common blood test that is recommended by your health expert to determine the elevated levels of specific IgE antibodies in the blood. Allergens in the blood can be defined as substances that might affect specific individuals and are harmless to others. To determine the actual cause of the allergic reaction, the Serum Allergy Test is suggested. Note, the causes may vary such as dust, pollen, food, and so on.
- During the test, the lab attendant takes a sample of your blood which is further studied under the microscope to drive accurate results. This test also helps in the diagnosis of respiratory disorders such as asthma.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Serum allergy Test Measure?
- The Serum Allergy Test is conducted for measuring the amount of specific immunoglobulin E antibodies (IgE). The test helps to confirm the presence or absence of any allergens in the blood. Allergens are referred to as substances that might show adverse effects on one whereas they are harmless for others. There are a group of allergens that can be identified through the Serum Allergy Test. These include-
- Food allergens- These include food items like milk, peanut, wheat, meat, eggs, tuna, codfish, tomato, apple, potato, among others.
- Outdoor allergens- These include polluted air and pollen from grasses, trees, weeds, and rye.
- Venom- These include ant, wasp, hornet, and bee venom.
- Medications or drugs like aspirin, penicillin, ibuprofen, among others
- Metals like zinc, copper, nickel, cadmium, etc. Inhalants or aeroallergens
- Household chemicals
- Dust mites
- In case your body shows symptoms that point towards allergic reactions either with food, pollen, dust, etc, book the Serum Allergy Test at the earliest possible.
What Preparation is Needed for the Serum Allergy Test?
- The Serum Allergy Test requires little to no preparation. You should give a detailed report of your medical history as well as family medical history for the best analysis of your results. Also, if you're pregnant or trying for the same, do inform that as well.
- Depending on your test results, further tests such as imaging tests or ultrasound of the neck or thyroid gland will be ordered. Besides this, if there are any other instructions, your health expert will suggest the same.
What happens to your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
Frequently Asked Question
Can I avail myself of an at-home sample collection in Ahmedabad?
Yes, you can avail at-home sample collection at different places in Ahmedabad where MFine services are available. The only thing you need to check is whether MFine services are available in that particular area or not. If it is available, choose the timings according to convenience and distance
What is the cost of the Serum Allergy Test in Ahmedabad?
The cost of the tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. The charges for the test in Ahmedabad can range between Rs 4000 to 12000.
I stay in Chennai. Can I book a Serum Allergy Test for my grandfather staying in Ahmedabad?
Yes, you can easily book the Serum Allergy Test for your relatives in places where the MFine services are easily available
How can I reschedule my appointment for a Serum Allergy Test sample?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Serum Allergy Test through the MFine app or web service. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Is the lab technician coming for a Serum Allergy Test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
When is a Serum Allergy Test recommended?
Symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, itching, redness, and so indirectly indicated allergens in the body. In such cases, a serum allergy test is recommended. It is a simple blood test that detects and measures the increased levels of specific IgE antibodies in the blood.
Is a prescription required to book a Serum Allergy Test?
No, it is not required to carry a prescription with you when you get the Serum Allergy Test for yourself. However, it is always recommended to seek the doctor’s advice before you get any test done for yourself.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the Serum Allergy Test definitive?
No, the Serum Allergy Test is not a definitive test. The test is usually performed as an initial diagnostic test for allergies. Other tests such as skin prick test, patch test, and so on are recommended along with the serum allergy test to confirm the underlying disorder.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the Serum Allergy Test?
Your health expert may recommend a skin prick test and patch test along with the Serum Allergy Test to confirm the test results.
What diseases can be detected through the Serum Allergy Test?
Elevated levels of specific IgE antibodies in the blood indicate that you may have an allergy. Also, this test helps in the detection of respiratory diseases such as asthma.
How can I download my Serum Allergy Test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Serum Allergy Test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.