Book PSA Test in Chennai
Avail PSA Test in Chennai through MFine. You can book your PSA test from the reputed lab partners of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your PSA Test sample collection, and the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. PSA Test is usually recommended for men to check for prostate cancer, prostate inflammation, and prostate enlargement. It is mostly recommended to check for this test in men who are almost 50 years old or have a family history of prostate cancer.... View more
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to book a PSA Test in Chennai?
Lab infrastructure in Chennai
- Chennai is a metropolitan city. Health care is provided by both private and government hospitals at their best. So do the medical labs, which are very well maintained and provide the best facilities to their patients.
- Common diseases which Chennai people face mostly are flu, respiratory infections, and viral conjunctivitis.
- Problems and infections are common, and curable if taken good care of.
- Hospitals provide tests according to the disease. Both private and government hospitals provide good facilities and all the tests you are looking for.
- Do not hesitate to talk about your problems and be open with doctors. Take the recommended test as soon as possible. The sooner, the better. Keep your health as your priority. Tests are not to be feared; they help you diagnose the problem and ensure effective and successful treatment. You can book a test through MFine without going anywhere.
Why book a PSA Test?
- To detect the cause of the enlarged prostate gland.
- To monitor the elevated prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels in the body and diagnose related disorders.
- To diagnose prostate tumours and monitor the growth of tumours when undergoing specific treatment.
- A timely PSA test can help diagnose prostate cancer sooner. This can reduce the number of deaths from prostate cancer.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the PSA Test measure?
- A PSA test measures the amount of PSA - prostate-specific antigen found in a man's blood.
- PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) is secreted by the prostate epithelial cells present in the male reproductive system. It usually forms a part of the semen. A much lower amount is also present as a part of blood.
- In the case of a disease or disorder related to PSA in men, an increased amount of PSA is secreted into the blood, which is tested in the PSA test. This could be due to either non-cancerous conditions such as inflammation and enlargement or cancerous conditions such as prostate cancer.
What preparation is needed for PSA test?
- PSA is measured through a blood test, which is simple and easy.
- Avoid physical activities which apply unnatural pressure on the genitals. Avoid activities like cycling and horseback riding for at least three days before the PSA test.
- Fasting is not required before a PSA test.
- Men should not have ejaculated in the previous 48 hours.
- Take the required steps carefully recommended by the doctor. Do not hesitate to tell the doctor about your problem. If you have any inquiries, ask your doctor for help, and do inform them about your medical history.
What happens to your test sample?
What do abnormal results indicate?
- For men in their 40s and 50s, a PSA score greater than 2.5 ng/ml is considered abnormal. For men in their 60s: A PSA score greater than 4.0 ng/ml is considered abnormal.
- It may indicate a prostate tumour, prostatitis, benign prostate hyperplasia. To be sure what it is, always ask your doctor.
- If PSA levels increase, then it is a sign of prostate cancer and other related diseases.
- A PSA suggests something is going on in the prostate, as well as further tests are needed to determine if it is cancer or something else. Older age may naturally result in higher PSA levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail at-home sample collection in Chennai?
With a single click, without going anywhere, a slot can be booked on the MFine app. At-home samples can be easily availed of for any tests required to be done. The test results are also delivered to your doorstep, making it even more convenient.
What is the cost of a PSA Test in Chennai?
The cost of several tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure used by the laboratories. Different cities have varied prices too. The average price for PSA tests in Chennai is Rs. 400 per person.
I live in Delhi. Can I book a PSA Test for my father staying in Chennai?
The procedure for booking for somebody else remains as easy as it would have been if you booked it for yourself. So, you can easily book a PSA test for your relatives and old family members living in distant places with the help of the MFine app.
How can I reschedule my appointment for the PSA Test?
The MFine app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time. The option is very direct and easy to access, making the rescheduling procedure very easy. So yes, you can easily reschedule the appointment for a PSA test through the MFine app.
Is the lab technician coming for PSA Test sample collection vaccinated?
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitiser and gloves during sample collection.
When is the PSA test recommended?
The PSA test is usually recommended when the doctor suspects conditions such as prostate cancer, prostatitis, or prostatic hyperplasia caused by the inflammation and enlargement of the prostate gland. These are suspected if the patient suffers from symptoms such as difficulty, pain, and burning sensation in urination, frequent urges to urinate, and pain in the lower back, hips, and thighs.
Is a prescription required to book a PSA Test?
There is no need for a prescription from a registered doctor to take the PSA test. It is usually recommended by the doctor.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Is the PSA Test definitive?
The PSA test is not definitive. The test results test can be unreliable sometimes, and other tests may need to be done along with it. Also, this would just detect the increase in levels of PSA, but to further understand the disorder in detail, such as the cause and cure, a prostate biopsy might need to be performed.
What are other tests usually recommended along with the PSA Test?
Other tests usually recommended along with the PSA test to detect prostate cancer are Prostate Health Index, 4Kscore test, PCA3 tests, and ConfirmMDx.
What diseases can be detected through the PSA Test?
- Non-cancerous disorders like acute and chronic bacterial prostatitis, enlarged prostate due to hormonal changes or age-related factors, and other urological infections are detected through PSA tests.
- Every male with increased PSA levels might not have cancer.
- Prostate cancer in men can be detected through the PSA test.
How can I download my PSA Test report?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Are there any discount offers running on PSA Test in Chennai?
Usually, you can avail of up to a 50% discount on the PSA test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.